Ed Reed, Fired before he's hired.. Out at Bethune Cookman

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I don’t believe the passion is in someone when the first thing they do is pull out they phone and go live especially a 50 year old man

shyt reeks of theatrics

Are these “theatrics” as well :patrice:black people continually being expected to accept substandard conditions then get called wrong for highlighting those issues instead of the lousy muthafukkas who can’t get their programs together smh …shyt is ass backwards in the culture

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Wouldn’t be sending my children to this garbage ass school :hubie: Enough of the hand holding with these incompetently ran HBCUs …if they refuse to put the children over their pride then fukk em …they ain’t no different than the cac institutions …this shyt is sad
agreed

I get how how Ed acted may have come off a bit much to sum, But you can hear the frustration in that mans voice.

I think he was tired of the excuses and run around the administration had been giving him and the kids.

He was trying to be a change agent the best way he knew how as a lifelong football player.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Reed being there isn't and wasn't going to fundamentally change those problems there, but essentially just be a cover to have those people feel more comfortable to donate.

If those celebrities really want to help, then why don't they band together and offer resources to help fix the fundamental problems with those HBCU's.
You are arguing both sides of the topic, rather than walking back your earlier comment.

You said that they should have donated whether Reed is/was there or not.

I say that if Reed is there, and sees who is who and what is what, the donors are better informed about how to structure the gift. And more importantly, the projects get COMPLETED.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You are arguing both sides of the topic, rather than walking back your earlier comment.

You said that they should have donated whether Reed is/was there or not.

I say that if Reed is there, and sees who is who and what is what, the donors are better informed about how to structure the gift. And more importantly, the projects get COMPLETED.
I said they theoretically still could, not should. There's a difference between the two.

You don't think that other people that donate money to the schools don't have protocols and procedures with their donations in place to make sure that the funds go towards those projects and get completed? Let's be realistic here.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I said they theoretically still could, not should. There's a difference between the two.

Your exact quote

Theoretically they still could now. If Reed dipping out is the reason that they don't anymore, then they're proving everyone's point correct.

What point would they be proving correct by NOT donating?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Your exact quote

What point would they be proving correct by NOT donating?
Again I said could not should. You said that I said that they should, which is not what I said.

What I said about the second part of that common is that people love to complain about rich celebrities and the wealthy donating to PWI and not HBCU eventhough both of them essentially have money mismanagement issues, yet The Coli seems to think that it only happens at HBCU's.

As I will say again, those PWI are doing the same exact things that HBCU ones are with the difference between that they have a bigger endowment and get more money and resources from the government that should be going to HBCU's as ell to help hide and mask those issues.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Again I said could not should. You said that I said that they should, which is not what I said.

What I said about the second part of that common is that people love to complain about rich celebrities and the wealthy donating to PWI and not HBCU eventhough both of them essentially have money mismanagement issues, yet The Coli seems to think that it only happens at HBCU's.

As I will say again, those PWI are doing the same exact things that HBCU ones are with the difference between that they have a bigger endowment and get more money and resources from the government that should be going to HBCU's as ell to help hide and mask those issues.
People were talking about elevating HBCUs, well you have to take the good with the bad. These folks want you to just keep quiet because of HBCU pride and all that. That’s cool and all, but you have to think about the kids that have to deal with the bullshyt. Doing what Deion and and what Reed was trying to do is the start, others have to keep it going and hopefully grow the schools in the process.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
People were talking about elevating HBCUs, well you have to take the good with the bad. These folks want you to just keep quiet because of HBCU pride and all that. That’s cool and all, but you have to think about the kids that have to deal with the bullshyt. Doing what Deion and and what Reed was trying to do is the start, others have to keep it going and hopefully grow the schools in the process.
In the case of someone like Reed and Deion, running to social media to air out those issues isn't going to help solve the situation. He has enough stature and connections because of who he is that he actually take those frustrations and complaints to the people who matter who can actually help improve the conditions of the HBCU's and I'm not talking about the admin/management of those schools.
Even those celebrities could get those meetings to help out HBCU's if they actually wanted to help promote change within them.

I believe his heart and intentions were in the right place, but he didn't go the right route in doing so.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps

Are these “theatrics” as well :patrice:black people continually being expected to accept substandard conditions then get called wrong for highlighting those issues instead of the lousy muthafukkas who can’t get their programs together smh …shyt is ass backwards in the culture

Nobody is telling anyone to accept sub standard conditions

But doing what he did isn’t the way to go about it

You can highlight those issues without doing all that goofy bullshyt he was doing

Didn’t deon just do that ?

Ed didn’t look like a leader or someone I would want my kid learning from

Can’t even control his emotions

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reed being there isn't and wasn't going to fundamentally change those problems there, but essentially just be a cover to have those people feel more comfortable to donate.

If those celebrities really want to help, then why don't they band together and offer resources to help fix the fundamental problems with those HBCU's and I'm not just talking about money.
Reed just tried, they ran him out

let em rot

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Reed just tried, they ran him out

let em rot
He tried on social media. He is a big enough name because of his NFL and celebrity connections that he could actually get face to face meetings with the people that could truly help improve HBCU conditions. Both things can be and are true. Reed wasn't wrong at all and everything he said was the truth, but he was also wrong for taking it to social media instead of doing it via other methods.

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes

People keep saying “Ed wouldn’t have called out a PWI like this” and maybe that’s true, but it goes both ways - Bethune wouldn’t have had a white coach walking into a filthy office and facilities with trash strewn all over the place :manny:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
In the case of someone like Reed and Deion, running to social media to air out those issues isn't going to help solve the situation. He has enough stature and connections because of who he is that he actually take those frustrations and complaints to the people who matter who can actually help improve the conditions of the HBCU's and I'm not talking about the admin/management of those schools.
Even those celebrities could get those meetings to help out HBCU's if they actually wanted to help promote change within them.

I believe his heart and intentions were in the right place, but he didn't go the right route in doing so.
nikkas act like bytches. My dad cursed me out in front of my ball team. Is he wrong, no, I am because I wasn't on my A game. nikkas and their obsession with failure is insane.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He tried on social media. He is a big enough name because of his NFL and celebrity connections that he could actually get face to face meetings with the people that could truly help improve HBCU conditions. Both things can be and are true. Reed wasn't wrong at all and everything he said was the truth, but he was also wrong for taking it to social media instead of doing it via other methods.
deion laid a blueprint

use social media to attract attention, make change, and get recruits

we cant tell people who exhibit greatness in everything they do on what they should do, let em cook :yeshrug: