Ed Reed, Fired before he's hired.. Out at Bethune Cookman

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
juelz-talking.gif

Just constant obsessive rambling and excuse making ….move around with that bullshyt my nikka ..like I said it’s tired and intellectually weak :camby:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
You HBCU folks are just as dangerous as gangbangers trying to uphold this “culture”. How can you be professional about moldy locker rooms, moldy dorm rooms, or players sharing moldy helmets. Students picking up trash around the campus some folks need to get cursed out. The students pay to much to deserve this. Ed Reed will be alright. He might have to work his way up the coaching ladder but he will be alright.
Whole post is facts …these nikkas trying to turn being an HBCU alum into some sort of “never go against the family” mob ties indoctrination :russ: Get the fukk outta here and get this raggedy ass shyt cleaned up

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Alvarez stepped down as coach a year after he got AD, too much work, AD’s responsible for scheduling and they oversee all sports

and he came back to coach for a couple years while they were looking for the next one.
But point being it's not some unheard of thing for a coach to also be the AD

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
and he came back to coach for a couple years while they were looking for the next one.
But point being it's not some unheard of thing for a coach to also be the AD
U comparing one of the greatest college coaches of all time in a publically funded university , it ain’t comparable, they need to hire a an AD

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ed reed is a sucker for pulling this nonsense, why not act professional and in a private and respectful manner? Why go out of your way to down talk and denigrate a black HBCU school, if you have issues raise it up with management not on IG and for the cameras, this is sucker stuff from Ed reed and i dont condone this irresponsibility and unseriousness

Its called passion,intent has to matter. I personally think he did that to garner support and rally the troops. Maybe bring in endorsements,get donations from graduates and black people who wanted to help. Since everyone is talking about how we need to build up hbcus.

But I will say his approach was wrong imo. Not to mention cursing,and probably sounded unhinged to certain people.

Seems like something he probably shouldve done as last resort. If the administration wasnt working with him once he got there,and he was being ignored. Not something you do on your first day of work. He came in like Chef Ramsey on Kitchen nightmares,when he finds meatloaf from a year ago in the fridge:mjlol:

Sorry Ed,this isnt a reality show. You made the school look like trash. And those restaurants only put up with Gordon Ramsey because he pays for a remodel.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
ed reed will go on to do great things and BC will go back to being mediocre and an afterthought

they didnt deserve him tbh

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think its obvious that Reed’s heart was in the right place but its also obvious that, like I said before, you can’t be bad-mouthing the institution BEFORE the ink is even dry on your paperwork.

At the end of the day I sincerely believe that people like Sanders and Reed aren’t talking out of their asses when they criticize the shoddy running of HBCUS. My mother went to Morris Brown right around the time they were losing their accreditation and some of the horror stories she told me about badly run the financial office was and how students had to jump through hoops for most BASIC of assistance was ridiculous. My sister went to Hampton and experienced similar issues. Where there’s smoke there’s fire. You hire a celebrity head coach and he walks in to work to a dirty office and trash on the field? Unacceptable.

At the same time if you truly have an end-game and a plan to get funding to the school and improve the facilities and the overall quality of the student-athlete's lives you need to gold your tongue for awhile until you’ve proven that your presence is indeed making effective change. Its about what you can show and PROVE in this day and age and Reed needed to gut that shyt out for both the sake of his career and the kids
hell na they aint lying, my folks told me the same thing about Southern U

lotta people would be shocked to find out a lotta times the people thats holding back black progress is older black folk and/or black folk that “got theres” and cool with keepin shyt as it is

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
U comparing one of the greatest college coaches of all time in a publically funded university , it ain’t comparable, they need to hire a an AD

cause I'm sure the AD at Wisky has less pressures than one at Cookman :pachaha:
they do need to hire a separate AD but i can see why they made him the ad in the 1st place long term AD retired and they got a 2 for 1 and Reggie a name and face who they felt could get folks to donate

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Excuses …nikkas tried to blame it on the hurricane when them students have been protesting the incompetent leadership for years :mjlol:
Incompetent leadership at some HBCUs isn't some groundbreaking shyt. It's also not some secret either as many alums say the same shyt

Ed was a dummy for handling the situation the way he did tho. What a goofy

Tough break nikka

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Incompetent leadership at some HBCUs isn't some groundbreaking shyt. It's also not some secret either as many alums say the same shyt

Ed was a dummy for handling the situation the way he did tho. What a goofy

Tough break nikka
You can fire Ed all day but…that nikka will be alright …but the comfort with incompetence at these HBCUs is a problem that must end