‘Echo’ | Disney+ | Charlie Cox / Vincent D’Onofrio returning as Daredevil / Kingpin

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Yep not finishing this.

And I want everybody to take note of the fact that even the marvel shills (you know who they are) have disappeared from this thread. Smh
*enters thread*

Echo was dope. I love the way they ended it. Sounds like you went into this hating and want to spread it like cancer.
Marvel set for life over here and yes I can admit when they fukk up. Secret Invasion was terrible all around. Echo was not. It was well written, acted and paced. It threw in a curve or two and Kingpin is always awesome.

And this is most likely prime-ish DD and Maya is literally just starting out :heh:
Starting out? She has been training in martial arts since she was a child and has been a professional most of her life? :skip:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
*enters thread*

Echo was dope. I love the way they ended it. Sounds like you went into this hating and want to spread it like cancer.
Marvel set for life over here and yes I can admit when they fukk up. Secret Invasion was terrible all around. Echo was not. It was well written, acted and paced. It threw in a curve or two and Kingpin is always awesome.

Starting out? She has been training in martial arts since she was a child and has been a professional most of her life? :skip:
It was her first Kingpin assignment
She probably never handled a gun before
Went toe to toe with Matt :dahell:

I'm still on Ep 4 :beli::manny:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Hawkeye was defeated by bullseye :troll:
HXtka.jpg
:russ:Hawkeye killed him
PNisQx2eNuWed5ncSpIZDDkb4IDj_UrOQY9T_jmZHZVG5ECb1lDowAWvIaGgnxTNO3SjEmdX5pMrWO9S-r917s0cxmxLQg3bfUUsmhPDqTAketuojkF7pNTJXTBOpJIrSZqIdU4VDQ=s1600

G5LgGnfcm18jKtxlfT2b0ZBDcZ0EuO_KTEFBIc9oJuAoAWHsGWpawI7z8NwqLJJP_746UliqkDRkVyAnHMOebr8ZAoO4lQoGMUdAX381TmyzM5vhrtok2dva41OhqEkdcX5BHt6oyQ=s1600

6uZnhAguBM4GbMyyN_P3k254nyLnC1W74sIbuVcHAXpy6b9YR3qAOvGosmEhmBmDos5Vj2_9JMlB9wqYD0FzCA-64cEsx3LL1XPPv_Q5kSKNpJR2earaFYU7dDcR8oUSqQxj49l13g=s1600

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The problem is that Echo is another character hijacked by non marvel writers.

Echo is a killer yet they turn the character into a healer/superhero :mjtf: That would be like turning Punisher into Captain America.

This isn't the sort of character you turn into a superhero, if they wanted a new superhero then why not just create a completely new character?

The most interesting thing about the character was her relationship with Kingpin. The show easily could have been about her levelling up, starting her own empire and then going to war against Kingpin who is essentially her father to takeover his empire.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
The problem is that Echo is another character hijacked by non marvel writers.

Echo is a killer yet they turn the character into a healer/superhero :mjtf: That would be like turning Punisher into Captain America.

This isn't the sort of character you turn into a superhero, if they wanted a new superhero then why not just create a completely new character?

The most interesting thing about the character was her relationship with Kingpin. The show easily could have been about her levelling up, starting her own empire and then going to war against Kingpin who is essentially her father to takeover his empire.
I think she is an antihero. She is definitely not a hero in the traditional sense of the word.

Daps
*enters thread*

If by coming in here hating, you mean I hate this new phase of marvel where they are trying to tick boxes instead of tell stories, then you're right. The facts are this wasn't a good show. I could have written a better Echo show than this. You could have too. The problem is that they have no talent hacks writing this stuff thinking "oh we got one :banderas: " just because they make a deaf disabled native American chic the main character.

Think how legendary an iconic a show like this would be if it actually had good or decent writing. It's possible to tick off the boxes and release a good story but these fools keep taking the easy way out. They tick the box and then get lazy after that.

The fall of Marvel continues. They're like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac back in 2008. They became arrogant and licentious because they thought they were "too big to fail"... and they failed.

Marvel is the studio version of that. These fools really think they're too big to fail so they just give us any ole thing because they are too lazy to spend the time and put in the work to give us quality.

I can't wait until Gunn spits in their face. He knows them inside and out and he knows how to use their weaknesses against them. Maybe competition is what they need to whip them back into shape. But how many fans will they lose until that happens?

Cause they've lost me. There was a time when I would at least watch to see what was happening even when I didn't like it. I'm no longer interested in that.

I'm not even going to watch this show. Eff Marvel.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
If by coming in here hating, you mean I hate this new phase of marvel where they are trying to tick boxes instead of tell stories, then you're right. The facts are this wasn't a good show. I could have written a better Echo show than this. You could have too. The problem is that they have no talent hacks writing this stuff thinking "oh we got one :banderas: " just because they make a deaf disabled native American chic the main character.

Think how legendary an iconic a show like this would be if it actually had good or decent writing. It's possible to tick off the boxes and release a good story but these fools keep taking the easy way out. They tick the box and then get lazy after that.

The fall of Marvel continues. They're like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac back in 2008. They became arrogant and licentious because they thought they were "too big to fail"... and they failed.

Marvel is the studio version of that. These fools really think they're too big to fail so they just give us any ole thing because they are too lazy to spend the time and put in the work to give us quality.

I can't wait until Gunn spits in their face. He knows them inside and out and he knows how to use their weaknesses against them. Maybe competition is what they need to whip them back into shape. But how many fans will they lose until that happens?

Cause they've lost me. There was a time when I would at least watch to see what was happening even when I didn't like it. I'm no longer interested in that.

Dude... It was well written. Echo had a proper character arch and had to grapple with some crazy shyt internally before she could do her thing and exert herself externally in a way that could help her and her people.
When Echo, her Grandmother and cousin got the spirits of the accentors in them... C'mon, breh. That that was fuego watching Gma ragdoll goons. Don't front. :banderas:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Exactly

They messed this show and the character up.

It highlighted EVERYTHING wrong with Marvel post endgame which letting NON Marvel writers in the writing room who are only there to push their own agendas FIRST.

They had Kingpin, Kingpin's killer daughter and Daredevil and completely WASTED those elements.

Aint nobody leaving this show wanting to see "more Echo" NOBODY.

He was fighting kinda unorthodox though, dude didn't throw a tv but he did throw a shelf at her. The fight scene would be right at home with the netflix series imo. But i agree that him running off in the end was dumb af and basically ruined it for me regardless.
That fact that episode 1 is his only appearance so far (i'm on episode 3) doubles down on that disappointment, dude just ran away from her and never came back, she not even powered up yet.

Daredevil would have beaten the living hell out of her.

Daps
I'm about to read the spoilers cause I ain't never watching this trash. Sick of these marvel fools. I bet you there's millions who feel the same way. We ain't supporting Kevin Feige and @Bryan Danielson crack addiction no more. They seen Hunter out here doing big things and thought they could do it too, but some people can function on crack and some can't!