‘Echo’ | Disney+ | Charlie Cox / Vincent D’Onofrio returning as Daredevil / Kingpin

Daps
Brehs was mad but I told yall months ago this show was not gonna be it.

And that saddens me. Feige, @Bryan Danielson and Marvel are so gung ho on doing their own thing instead of following a proven strategy. This is supposed to be a street level series. Did these fools even watch DD? Punisher s1?

These fools still don't understand what we want. If you're gonna do a street level show, then give us the grittiness that we were getting before. Everybody loved those shows. So why are you trying to do something different??

It makes no sense.

Daps
Watching ep 1 now
Just got through the backstory part
DD fight looked too choreographed
How she able to take on Matt? :dahell:

You see it. Man, in the original DD series, Matt is a slugger who happens to know martial arts. His fighting style is unorthodox and street. There is none of this choreographed ballet dancing. This dude throws TVs and uses whatever he can get his hands on during a fight.

These idiots just don't get it.

And like you said, they got this girl who took some classes from a random middle school teacher and now she's on the level of Matt Murdock who was trained by Stick.

And why did breh run? He literally took off.

This stuff is sickening.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
This was better than I thought it was going to be. Not great, not terrible. Just enough to hold my attention for 5 episodes.

It felt like something they fixed in post. The weird pacing, editing, constant flashbacks, dubbed in lines. This this was probably a disaster until they put it under the knife. If that is the case, they did a pretty good job cleaning it up into something watchable.

It was a good vehicle for Kingpin, and really just felt like a teaser for the next season of Daredevil. The show felt like it was supposed to be a bridge between two shows, except they've pushed back Daredevil and now it's being completely reworked, so currently it's a bridge to nowhere.

I hated the final action piece with the fukking grandma and Elora getting powers. That shyt was lame when they did it in Ragnarok, why would they use the same trope again? I'd rather Maya just superman all the goons by herself than see an old lady throwing people around. So dumb.

There was a lot they could have done with Maya healing Kingpin, but they just smashcut away immediately after. There should have been some emotional payoff. Even if they just kept it going for another beat or two with them standing with each other after connecting like that. Now I'm wondering what the fukk she did do. He didn't seem like any kind of weight was lifted off of him, or like it settled the issue between them.

My assessment is that they should have cut down on some parts of the story, like anything to do with Bonnie/Elora, which was pretty barebones already, and expanded other parts, like her relationship with Fisk, which was admittedly already the most fleshed out part. It just completely lagged with the family drama, even though they tried to keep it to a minimum. The darker tone was appreciated, but the show would have improved greatly if they went even darker.

All in all, a step in the right direction for Disney+, but you can tell they really struggled to put something decent together from whatever they shot, and it didn't seem like there was any objective for the show other than as set up for the future. 6/10 at best, 5/10 if the set up ends up leading to nothing after all the reworking they're doing.
If they just start DD with Fisk running for mayor, and that's all that carries over, this show will really feel like it was a waste of time. There's a lot of character development potential with Maya getting in his head. They should lean into it.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
The first episode showed promise but the show went off the rails when they started the incredibly stupid plot about how her powers work. an unnecessary change from the comics. this ancestral thing is cliché and only women is silly. Without that, it would have been a better show.

There was nothing "street level " about this. Most of it took place in Oklahoma.

The action was good but the best scenes were already in the trailer.

The end fight scene was so ridiculous I thought they switched over to marvel comedy.

Last edited:
Daps
The first episode showed promise but the show went off the rails when they started the incredibly stupid plot about how her powers work. an unnecessary change from the comics. this ancestral thing is cliché and only women is silly. Without that, it would have been a better show.

There was nothing "street level " about this. Most of it took place in Oklahoma.

The action was good but the best scenes were already in the trailer.

The end fight scene was so ridiculous I thought they switched over to marvel comedy.

I finished the first episode and I'm not planning to go back.

Can you do me a favor and throw in a spoiler whether or not Matt shows back up and if so, which episode?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I've only watched 3 episodes, but this is good. At first, I thought I would hate the power change, even though she was recently a Phoenix host, but I don't. But overall, I like what they've done with her, so far...and expanding on her family side of things. The origin of her tribe was not needed though.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Yep not finishing this.

And I want everybody to take note of the fact that even the marvel shills (you know who they are) have disappeared from this thread. Smh
:mjcry: I hate seeing you and Disney at ends like this. Imma try to finish it i feel asleep on episode 2 again