Ebro and Tariq Nasheed debating over #DACA

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So do black immigrants not exist or something?

i didn't know DACA was a Mexican-exclusive bill

Funny that Tariq is a relasing a documentary about Haiti. Like Haitian immigrants don't exist.

Tariq addressed this on his podcast.

5% of illegals are black and 1% of DACA recipients. Its not even worth jumping all the way out there. The numbers are too small.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
So do black immigrants not exist or something?

i didn't know DACA was a Mexican-exclusive bill

Funny that Tariq is a relasing a documentary about Haiti. Like Haitian immigrants don't exist.

I'm not sure what an educational documentary about the history of Haiti (and specifically the Haitian revolution) has to do with DACA or black immigrants.

As if it understood, black immigrants represent about 1 percent of those affected by the removal of DACA, so it's these other groups who need to be concerned about holding their own nuts when it comes to this issue.

Anyone qualified under the DACA umbrella had to not be jaded enough to think that this initiative was "forever" becuase it was never designed that way. Temporary means temporary, so why are folks up in arms when the folks who run shyt wanna yank the carpet from under them.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I'm not sure what an educational documentary about the history of Haiti (and specifically the Haitian revolution) has to do with DACA or black immigrants.
So is Tariq for Haitians or not? Tariq is a self-porclaimed Pan-Africanist.

Don't ski-daddle on this.

Or is he just making a profit off our history?

I know this is making you uncomfortabe.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The complete lack of empathy in this thread :picard::snoop:

Empathy for who/what? Should a restaurant feel empathy for me when I eat up all of my food and I'm still hungry?

Explain how folks can come into a historically white supremacist territory under the system of white supremacy and expect to not adhere to the very rules that govern white supremacy? That's what this is. You can't look at America as the land of milk, honey and opportunity and think that the rules of the button pushers don't apply just because folks feel some type of way.

Show me the widespread empty (recent and historically) when blacks have to simply endure wholesale subjugation on a systemic level. Blacks spent the whole damn civil rights era dealing with flat out brutality while other groups slid in and mopped up the benefits and STILL have the nerve to treat blacks with comtempt.

And I don't say this to say that's reprsentative of 100 percent of these other groups but when they step up en masse when Tamir Rice gets blown away by cops in less than 2 seconds of engagement, I'll (and we) will listen. When these groups hold a women's march for Sandra bland and demand justice, I'll (and we) will listen.

Blacks are not gonna throw on this theoretical bullet proof cape when we have a stockpile of issues that need to be addressed. We're busy

Nothing personal. Just business.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black illegal immigrants mostly have papers though. its the hispanics who overwhelmingly are literally ghosting.

This. The blacks coming in aren't sliding thru in boats or slinking in over the wall. They have to have papers to even step a single toe into the country. Hell of a lot harder than having a few cracks at the wall and eventually making it in

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This. The blacks coming in aren't sliding thru in boats or slinking in over the wall. They have to have papers to even step a single toe into the country. Hell of a lot harder than having a few cracks at the wall and eventually making it in
Right.

And immigration historically tried to work with people who were on papers. I've seen it myself.

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
Random thought I had today. Don't know where else to post it so I'll stick it here.

Black Americans are the only group in the world that's expected to have a unilateral disarmament without any fuss and without asking why and what for. We're the only group expected to just do what others say without ever thinking about how it may harm us. We're the only group that's expected to give, give, give without asking what's in it for us. Why? Because all other groups and even some of our own still view us through the lens of slavery.

I have complete empathy for the people effected. Its not their fault that their lives are being played with like this. Its a result of bad economic and foreign policy choices from leaders in this country over the last 60 or so years. At the same time though, we have to ask. Is this an issue that we should use Black political capital on, knowing just how limited it is?