Ebony & Ivory with Burning Sage vs. Lucky Charms & Unicorns Colliding on Flat Earth | Official Mavericks (#5) vs. Celtics (#1) 2024 NBA Finals Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Not sure how the Celtics are underdogs but I'll take it... sounds like easy money :mjlit:

Edit: Celtics are -220 for the series... ya lying sons of b*tches :unimpressed:

Vegas favors the Celtics.

Media and talking heads seem to favor the Mavs.

Jerz

All Star
Daps
Was real disappointed last night. Checked for the game - just to see it don't start until Thursday :mjlol:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lmao. 80-20 with fans Mavs vs Celtics. Most media picking the Mavs over they hate the Celtics.

It’s Celtics vs The World.

We not the underdogs man :mjlol:

Trying to play that angle as a 64 win team against a 5 seed ain’t it

It’s just most people outside the Celtics fanbase are rooting for the Mavs to win and from a media perspective it’s way more compelling for the Mavs to win than the team that’s been the favorite and best team all year. Celtics lose and they can spend the whole offseason shytting on them and stirring the pot to break up the team. The Luka hype reaches max capacity, they can milk the Kyrie redemption angle.

Celtics win and what’s there to really talk besides whether or not they repeat. Nobody’s gonna shyt on the Mavs for losing in the Finals as a 5 seed :ld:

I’m just ready for Thursday to get here so we can talk about the actual games

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
We not the underdogs man :mjlol:

Trying to play that angle as a 64 win team against a 5 seed ain’t it

It’s just most people outside the Celtics fanbase are rooting for the Mavs to win and from a media perspective it’s way more compelling for the Mavs to win than the team that’s been the favorite and best team all year. Celtics lose and they can spend the whole offseason shytting on them and stirring the pot to break up the team. The Luka hype reaches max capacity, they can milk the Kyrie redemption angle.

Celtics win and what’s there to really talk besides whether or not they repeat. Nobody’s gonna shyt on the Mavs for losing in the Finals as a 5 seed :ld:

I’m just ready for Thursday to get here so we can talk about the actual games

There haven't been any fake trade scenarios for Brown in more than a year

You know these writers are pissed because they missing out on clicks

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
What I would do is put Tatum and Brown to defend that pick and roll. That way they can switch and both can defend either Luka or Lively. They did the same thing with the Haliburton-Myles Turner pick and roll
Agreed. I think Tatum on Lively is probably your best bet to try and contain that setup.

KP can't move laterally like that and Horford is too old to dance PnRs and still be able to defend a rim run from 18+ feet out.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Interesting to see Kyrie come out and apologize to the Boston organization and fan base. He spoke about how he feels the criticisms of him are "fair" but he wished that people would have been able to see that he was also dealing with personal issues and needed to leave the way he did.

He reflected on the back and forth with the fans in the playoffs a couple years ago and said that's not who he is and he's in a much better place now.

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
This is from the end of G5 that clinched our trip to play Boston.
What do you want the fans to say? "we want Miami, we want Miami"

Boston really leaning into the underdog/disrespected angle.

I just said it never ends well. All the teams chanting that got their Kufi smacked. Every fanbase that asks for smoke, gets the smoke.

Knicks fans tried to join the parade and got a 1 way trip to Cancun instead.