Ebony & Ivory with Burning Sage vs. Lucky Charms & Unicorns Colliding on Flat Earth | Official Mavericks (#5) vs. Celtics (#1) 2024 NBA Finals Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ItzDaKiing

Freedom
Daps
They folded when they were down 3-2 against Milwaukee and had to win two games against the reigning Finals MVP? They folded when they were down 3-2 against the MVP last year? They folded when they were down 2-1 to Miami in the ECF in 2022?

Tell me how players that always fold have a 5-2 record in Game 7s?
You’re being obtuse. When the lights get brightest they fold. You conveniently naming these specific instances why you ain’t talk about the finals appearance? And last year what the heat did to them? And every other eastern conference finals they lost?

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Dallas top 2 is better than Boston's but the rest of Boston is better than Dallas

Hard to see Dallas winning but I hope they do, Kai getting another one would be :wow:

Dallas top 1 is better than the Jay's. Kyrie isn't better than either one of them. We're talkin about the same guy that has been mid af in the playoffs ever since he left Lebron..you nikkas have short memories.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You’re being obtuse. When the lights get brightest they fold. You conveniently naming these specific instances why you ain’t talk about the finals appearance? And last year what the heat did to them? And every other eastern conference finals they lost?

Because I never said they’ve never taken Ls. Tatum had his worst series in the Finals in 2022, JB had his worst series in the ECF last year. That's true. But that doesn't mean we pretend that nothing else has happened besides that.

If you say a player always folds under pressure, and I bring up that on his resume that player also has the single greatest G7 performance ever, a 5-2 record in G7s overall and multiple instances of carrying his team to victories in hostile environments with his team's season on the line, that's an obtuse response?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Delete this post as you’re fukking up the narrative for other Coli posters as only the Celtics are MAGAs :mjlol:

This tweet should be brought up everytime someone uses the word MAGA and Celtics in their comment.
Dudes be rooting for a team from Texas talking about Boston is racist like the Coli is always hilarious with dudes being in whole ass red states talking about Boston racism. Like just because you got some random pockets of black excellence in your state doesn’t mean you still don’t live in a red state and root for a red state team.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I fell off from NBA stuff ages ago. Watched some playoff games so far but that's about it. Can someone please tell me Boston is fukked in this series. I hate the Celtics.
:manny:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
They’re in the NBA Finals, of course the record is great :mjlol:

MAGA’s team :mjgrin:

Delete this post as you’re fukking up the narrative for other Coli posters as only the Celtics are MAGAs :mjlol:

This tweet should be brought up everytime someone uses the word MAGA and Celtics in their comment.

What makes it even more hilarious is that it's Massachusetts of all places

- 1st state to legalize gay marriage
- Very strong abortion rights
- Consistently votes Democrat
- Wesley, a college in that state was the leader in Feminism

They are so liberal, they would make California and New York blush :laff: :laff: :laff:

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
What makes it even more hilarious is that it's Massachusetts of all places

- 1st state to legalize gay marriage
- Very strong abortion rights
- Consistently votes Democrat
- Wesley, a college in that state was the leader in Feminism

They are so liberal, they would make California and New York blush :laff: :laff: :laff:
Can abortion rights stop Luka at the top of the key

Foh :camby:

ItzDaKiing

Freedom
Daps
Always..meaning the single time they made the Finals when they were both young af. Never understood that critque, it's like shytting on KD and Russ for losing to the 2012 Heat.
You’re comparing the 2022 Warriors to the 2012 Heat!? It’s not even remotely the same, yall grasping at straws at this point

ItzDaKiing

Freedom
Daps
Because I never said they’ve never taken Ls. Tatum had his worst series in the Finals in 2022, JB had his worst series in the ECF last year. That's true. But that doesn't mean we pretend that nothing else has happened besides that.

If you say a player always folds under pressure, and I bring up that on his resume that player also has the single greatest G7 performance ever, a 5-2 record in G7s overall and multiple instances of carrying his team to victories in hostile environments with his team's season on the line, that's an obtuse response?
Did they win anything ? Then they folded i don’t know why that’s so hard to understand. They’ve been favored in every series for the last 3-4 years and can’t get the job done… that’s folding

ItzDaKiing

Freedom
Daps
Always..meaning the single time they made the Finals when they were both young af. Never understood that critque, it's like shytting on KD and Russ for losing to the 2012 Heat.
Well the finals isn’t the only instance that they folded. Were the Celtics not favored in majority of their series the last few years?

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did they win anything ? Then they folded i don’t know why that’s so hard to understand. They’ve been favored in every series for the last 3-4 years and can’t get the job done… that’s folding

First is they always fold under pressure, then when things are pointed out it don’t count cause they didn’t win the title. Alright, I see what this is :dead:

ItzDaKiing

Freedom
Daps
First is they always fold under pressure, then when things are pointed out it don’t count cause they didn’t win the title. Alright, I see what this is :dead:

What Bol Bol say? I get it . That’s your team and you gotta stand on business. My point is they’ve been favored to win majority of their series if not all and they’ve come up short.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I know Kyrie is getting all of this attention like it's the "Luka and Kyrie show". But IMO the 2nd most important player on the Mavs is Lively

You saw when Lively did not play when he got the head/neck injury, the Mavs offense looked shaky and easier to defend. Celtics defense have to focus on that Luka-Lively pick and roll 2 man game. That is what makes their offense go 10x. Lively is elite at lobs and a decent playmaker, and has great hands to catch in traffic. Him on the floor makes Luka have more space to operate, and makes the opposing team make a decision on who to guard
What I would do is put Tatum and Brown to defend that pick and roll. That way they can switch and both can defend either Luka or Lively. They did the same thing with the Haliburton-Myles Turner pick and roll

Sidenote, Lively is what Celtics fans wished Timelord Rob Williams could have been :mjcry:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know Kyrie is getting all of this attention like it's the "Luka and Kyrie show". But IMO the 2nd most important player on the Mavs is Lively

You saw when Lively did not play when he got the head/neck injury, the Mavs offense looked shaky and easier to defend. Celtics defense have to focus on that Luka-Lively pick and roll 2 man game. That is what makes their offense go 10x. Lively is elite at lobs and a decent playmaker, and has great hands to catch in traffic. Him on the floor makes Luka have more space to operate, and makes the opposing team make a decision on who to guard
What I would do is put Tatum and Brown to defend that pick and roll. That way they can switch and both can defend either Luka or Lively. They did the same thing with the Haliburton-Myles Turner pick and roll

Sidenote, Lively is what Celtics fans wished Timelord Rob Williams could have been :mjcry:

Don't remind me of the Time Lord :mjcry:

But in all seriousness, if Horford's P&R defense looks anything like it did in the last two rounds it's gonna be a long series. I'm not expecting Porzingis to be able to step in and immediately resume his previous minutes