Ebony & Ivory with Burning Sage vs. Lucky Charms & Unicorns Colliding on Flat Earth | Official Mavericks (#5) vs. Celtics (#1) 2024 NBA Finals Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Please don't ya'll me. I'm not sure exactly what you are saying in relation to what I said. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

You're saying Jrue "Is in a better place than he was on the Bucks because on the Celtics he is only the 4th option."

When Jrue in the exact same position as he was on the Bucks when they won the title in 2021, and people killed him for it calling him "Playoff Jrue" and "Washed". But somehow its different with the Celtics

Make it make sense

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Jokic while yes he's been targeted on D (and he's not necessarily a turnstile either) you can argue he's the best based on the fact that we haven't really seen an offensive hub at the center position, score at all levels all while playmaking at a high level, different than how Luka does it because he doesn't have to dominate the rock. As for Magic and Bird I can't give you an accurate call on them since they were before my time but in this era of pnr basketball it carries a lot more weight if you are a defensive turnstile. Also I'd have to go back and look at those Shaq clips to give a better answer.
My opinion is if a player is transcendent offensively like Bird, Magic, Jokic and Shaq were they can be crowned as the best. Defense lacking and all. Luka has flashes but he’s not at that level to me yet so I can’t put him at the top. If he was even with his trash defense I’d rank him as the best.

Defense is important but we all know we’ve placed a premium on offense when ranking players or just in general

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
My opinion is if a player is transcendent offensively like Bird, Magic, Jokic and Shaq were they can be crowned as the best. Defense lacking and all. Luka has flashes but he’s not at that level to me yet so I can’t put him at the top. If he was even with his trash defense I’d rank him as the best.

Defense is important but we all know we’ve placed a premium on offense when ranking players or just in general
Offense is a premium in regards to ranking players but most of those guys aren't turnstiles defensively either. Some guys will never be good defenders due to limitations like size, speed, and/or lack of quickness. But in regards to Luka he has the measurables to be a decent defender, it's just a lack of effort.

• Dap
Reactions: No1

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully they give Tillman some burn. I think since we scheming for Tatum to guard the Centers and our C to guard DJJ we matchup better with Tillman or even Brissett, if they wanna give it a try at playing Gafford like he is Shaq and get some baskets then the math never gonna add.

Porzingis just said he will try to play. I’d protect the investment and sit him for at least the Dallas games.

Only reason Joey Mazz gave Tillman & Brissett run against Indiana was because Kornet got hurt

I would love to be wrong but I fully expect him to the biggest beneficiary of Porzingis being out

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're saying Jrue "Is in a better place than he was on the Bucks because on the Celtics he is only the 4th option."

When Jrue in the exact same position as he was on the Bucks when they won the title in 2021, and people killed him for it calling him "Playoff Jrue" and "Washed". But somehow its different with the Celtics

Make it make sense
I cant make sense of conflating what I said (that it appears you agree with) with what "people" said.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Me no gamble
fukk celtricks :mjgrin:
giphy.gif

Superstar
Daps

Make it make sense

The bucks didn’t have anywhere near the depth and consistency this years Celtics have. The chip bucks were a very good/strong team but was running on much thinner margins.

If he had an off shooting night in Milwaukee Giannis and Middy had to really step up or they were in danger of losing. If him and Brook were cold it was an L.

He has an off night on the Celtics there are 3 to 5 other players who can potentially compensate.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Only reason Joey Mazz gave Tillman & Brissett run against Indiana was because Kornet got hurt

I would love to be wrong but I fully expect him to the biggest beneficiary of Porzingis being out

Exactly. Kornet taking those minutes. I could see one of those two getting a few minutes as well, but I like Kornet’s height (7’2”), rebounding and blocking shots/taking away lobs