Ebony & Ivory with Burning Sage vs. Lucky Charms & Unicorns Colliding on Flat Earth | Official Mavericks (#5) vs. Celtics (#1) 2024 NBA Finals Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I don't trust Boston in pressure situations against good teams. I trust Luka and Kyrie when the money's on the line.
The Mavs appear to be a better constructed team than I initially thought. At least when provided the right matchups.

All that said, if Porzingis returns, Boston's flat out a better/deeper team whose personnel can offset some of the ancillary shyt Dallas has going for itself. If the Celtics don't win it now, they never will with the current core in place.

Rooting for the Mavs because fukk the city of Boston, but I can't see anything but Celtics in 6.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
This series entirely depends on if Jason Tatum shows up or not. If he plays to his peak potential every game. Then, I have difficulty seeing the Mavericks win this one.

Kyrie and Luka can definitely win this series if Tatum and Brown do not perform consistently.
Thing is. Tatum playing to peak potential still wouldn’t be the best player on the court.

The lack of bench of Boston should make this quick work.

Thread title doing da most. All we needed was this

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
celtics played heat no butler, cavs with mostly with no mitchell, pacers mostly with no hali. And they didn't look particularly impressive in most of them. luka and kyrie are closers, and the celtics, at least in that pacers series, relied on fourth quarter meltdowns to bail out poor play by tatum, horford, etc leading up to that point.

mavs had to go through the much tougher west. Also people are hearing porzingis coming back and thinking that's gonna be an automatic plus. these brehs been playing without him for a month. they gonna have to adjust quick.

- Clippers without Kawhi
- OKC Thunder full of 20 year olds
- I'll give you the Wolves, even though they had the matchup advantage
- Not having to face the Nuggets in the WCF

People really going with this narrative lol

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Where is this narrative that the Mavs are unbeatable in crunch time coming from? It’s fine to say you trust Luka & Kyrie more then Tatum & Brown in those situations but the reality is that 3 of the Mavs 5 losses this playoffs went down to the wire

So if the Clippers without Kawhi, OKC and Minnesota could all at least take a game off them in the clutch why are the Celtics being dismissed?

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Boston should win with better team but they hella inconsistent
I got mavs in 6 luka and kyrie got that dawg mentality and can’t be stopped