Ebony & Ivory with Burning Sage vs. Lucky Charms & Unicorns Colliding on Flat Earth | Official Mavericks (#5) vs. Celtics (#1) 2024 NBA Finals Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
giphy.gif

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont see how anybody can favor Boston in this series..

What is Vegas saying? eye test says Dallas in 6. Tatum struggles too much
-230 and -225 are the first two numbers ive seen for boston, they are heavy favorites according to vegas. we'll see how the nba experts pick but right now its understandable on paper. with how dallas has played post trades i think ultimately it could go either way. tatum like you said is the big question. hes had his great moments in the playoffs but that performance 2 years ago in the finals was all time bad. this celtics team has been great even when either tatum or brown are off the floor, but if its close who do you trust more in the clutch?

i think if boston is going to win they are going to have to overwhelm dallas and win comfortably. they allow it to be close like 3 of the 4 games in the ecf id give dallas the edge.

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holiday and White gotta play good defense on Kyrie, Brown and Tatum gotta play good defense on Luka, make those 2 work for everything. They also need to hunt Luka and Kyrie on offense and make them work on defense. Dallas has been zoning up the T-Wolves and Gobert was a non factor on offense. Hopefully Porzingis is healthy. Both Porzingis and Horford can hit ouside shots and spread out :dame:the Mavs defense.

Horford's pnr defense has been mediocre. It might be lob city for the Mavs. White had plenty of bad possessions defensively against the Pacers.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
celtics played heat no butler, cavs with mostly with no mitchell, pacers mostly with no hali. And they didn't look particularly impressive in most of them. luka and kyrie are closers, and the celtics, at least in that pacers series, relied on fourth quarter meltdowns to bail out poor play by tatum, horford, etc leading up to that point.

mavs had to go through the much tougher west. Also people are hearing porzingis coming back and thinking that's gonna be an automatic plus. these brehs been playing without him for a month. they gonna have to adjust quick.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Last edited:

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
Celtics should win. Overall better team but I still don't fully trust the Jays to take us home the way I would Luka and Kyrie on the other side :lupe:

Hawala Man

All Star
Daps
Celtics had trouble with Nemhard and McConnell (for the folks bragging about Jrue/White defensive skills) and the Pacers could've easily tied up series 2-2 due to poor late game executions against a very poor defensive team with Turner as the only shot blocker. Donavan Mitchell and Cavs stole game 2 without Jared Allen and almost won game 5 without Mitchell. Mavericks have Lively, Gafford and Kleber something the Celtics have not seen in any match-ups with other opponents.

Mazulla versus Kidd in terms of coaching for adjustments/strategies during games and after each game is important. If games are close you've already witnessed the Mavericks do not crumble under pressure. If Tatum has a poor shooting night he gets frustrated and it changes his whole focus.

Mavericks in 6.

Last edited: