Ebony & Ivory with Burning Sage vs. Lucky Charms & Unicorns Colliding on Flat Earth | Official Mavericks (#5) vs. Celtics (#1) 2024 NBA Finals Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Also, OKC should be paying attention to Boston’s framework heading into the offseason.

Inexperience aside, core/framework-wise:
SGA, JW, Chet = JT, JB, KP

But the rest of what Boston has with impact support guys (Horford, White, Holiday, etc) is a difference maker.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They praise him like he’s a first option. He also can’t do wrong in the eyes of the media. When he’s inefficient, they say it’s ok because “deFEnSe” and when he isn’t scoring, it’s ok because he’s getting his teammates involved

"He can't do wrong in the eyes of the media"
:scust:

Have you just started watching basketball this playoff run? Media has always hated kyrie

Plus He's always been praised as the ultimate sidekick , I don't know what media you have been watching

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Porzingis getting an extra day to rest before game 2 is big for him and Boston.

It was clear he had fresh legs + adrenaline, but any recoil or after effects from the physical return or emotional high has time to reset itself.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s great again in game 2 but tailors off a bit in game 3 when it becomes every other day.
There is also a 2 day break between games 2 and 3 as well. The only single day break is between games 3 and 4

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you predicting KP is going to re-injure his calf? If so then why?
That’s how calf work. I just think Dallas will be better the rest of the series once they adjust to KP. He was hot and basically gave Boston that leagues what happens when he isn’t hot and Luka and then bigs get him in the pnr action.

Three things we know
1. Luka isn’t goin to average 1 assist per game this series
2. KP probably won’t be as hot as he was game 1
3. Kyrie will be better

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
It's one game and it would be foolish to make conclusions about the series.

It's pretty obvious porzingis is a very important piece. Swatting shots away and using his height to shoot over these midgets. If he wasn't such an injury prone he wouldn't even be in boston, getting paid max somewhere.

Game 2 the mavs will definitely be scoring better so I'm interested to see what celtics will come up with in close game.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Celtics played this bum off the floor as I expected. 14 minutes played game 1 and he got there because Lively got like 5 fouls mid 3rd quarter. So much for the “After the trade deadline” Mavs Defense. We went from tussling with Bam Adebayo, Evan Mobley, Siakam/Turner to this?

“Rim Protection”

Its funny cause I was thinking it too

Jason Kidd was terrified to play Gafford in this game lol. Even with Lively having 5 fouls lol

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

:mjtf: WHY IS TATUM BEING INTERVIEWED
AND WHY IS SHE TALKING ABOUT HIM
DOMINANTING WITHOUT SCORING
THE BALL?

ESPN DOES THIS shyt
ALL THE TIME WITH HIM.

I REMEMBER MARK AND JVG
WERE ON THE SAME TYPE OF TIME
AS IF THE COMPANY GIVES THEM A MEMO

:devil:
:evil:

GPcBXYxWoAAOY6o

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its 2 bad luka is so 1 dimensional offensively meaning he cant play off ball and is a statue in the corner when not engaged. They could put hin on the right block and have him play out the post or be the screen guy in some of his and kyrie pick and rolls like bron used 2 be and he would dive and get buckets at the rim.

Dallas needs to play 5 out and put luka on KP or Horford and pray boston does not involve them in pick and rolls. Dallas is going to have to have the mindset of outscoring boston not trying to win defensively
Who is gonna run the offense? You dont think Luka could do what you suggest if he had a prime CP3 or Bron on his squad?