Ebony & Ivory with Burning Sage vs. Lucky Charms & Unicorns Colliding on Flat Earth | Official Mavericks (#5) vs. Celtics (#1) 2024 NBA Finals Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I told them “ you can’t hide Luka on defense, Celtics know they can exploit that match all series long”

I was told “Luka is much more Improved on defense”

I said the same thing to my boys leading up to this series. Minnesota is not a well coached team. And they have low BBIQ players on top of that. Common sense told me that Boston was going to make him defend more actions than the Wolves did.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I said the same thing to my boys leading up to this series. Minnesota is not a well coached team. And they have low BBIQ players on top of that. Common sense told me that Boston was going to make him defend more actions than the Wolves did.
The theme of the whole series was why is Ant going 1v1 against PJ Washington 23 feet from the basket?

Why is Conley running pick n roll with Rudy when dumping the ball to Rudy is exactly what Dallas wanted?

All the while Luka chillin with the cornerman replenishing his stamina bar for more offense :mjlol:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
And if you go back to my comments in the OKC/Dal thread, I was saying OKC let Dallas off the hook (and lost themselves the series) by failing to utilize Chet in ironically the same way Boston is using KP.

i.e. Chet sets a pick, gets the mismatch but OKC waives him off or impatiently swings the ball the other way. KP sets the pick and immediately posts up, gets the ball, and is in attack mode.

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Agreed. I think Tatum on Lively is probably your best bet to try and contain that setup.

KP can't move laterally like that and Horford is too old to dance PnRs and still be able to defend a rim run from 18+ feet out.

🙇🏽‍♂️🙇🏽‍♂️🙇🏽‍♂️

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The theme of the whole series was why is Ant going 1v1 against PJ Washington 23 feet from the basket?

Why is Conley running pick n roll with Rudy when dumping the ball to Rudy is exactly what Dallas wanted?

All the while Luka chillin with the cornerman replenishing his stamina bar for more offense :mjlol:
Just dumb basketball.

Joe might be stubborn, but tactically, he's going to come up with a logical game plan that makes sense. The Wolves offense looked remedial. Denver is probably still in disbelief that they lost to them :laugh:

Raquinotj

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Its funny cause I was thinking it too

Jason Kidd was terrified to play Gafford in this game lol. Even with Lively having 5 fouls lol

This is how you play a Center off the floor. This to end the first quarter blew the game wide open. Watch him the whole time. If he were to come up above the 3 point line Tatum and Porzingis can easily beat him off the dribble, if he stays inside the 3 point line Tatum and KP can shot 35 footers. He was gassed by the end of this sequence jogging up and down the floor. Offensively Tatum was on him and KP was helping off the back to eliminate the LOB, dude is literally Keith Closs without the lobs.

Raquinotj

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Luka can have an amazing series and they still lose in 4/5 games. Thats how good and deep Boston is

Coaching staff gonna let Luka do what he does, they gonna play him straight up, let him score his 30 points and get the cute stats that show up on the box scores and his Stans will bring them up like he had a “Historical finals” with no help, they gonna continue to try to neutralize the supporting cast, Can’t have Luka be a scorer and a facilitator, Luka and Kyrie have combined to avg 13.4 assists per game in the playoffs.They had 3 combined last night. Luka’s one assist was tied for his second lowest mark in a game over the last 4 years. If he doesn’t have at least 2 guys scoring 20 this series ends in 4-5 games.