East Coast Lost It's Footing In the Early-Mid '90s Because Of The Lack Of Entertainment Value

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
im calling you names because you keep following me around with this stupid chit. IRL, something bad would've happened by now, just off GP, but yet you worrying about some names.

the only bullet-point you have that's correct is that I was born in '85. and that's only correct because we just said that in here a few posts ago.

and like I said countless times in the thread that youre linking up; I know that it was labeled as the hip-hop bible. im saying its just a tag-line that rap nerds ate up. you aint gonna see somebody cut like me uttering such a thing. and I said this like a million times in that very thread. so wheres the exposal?? the only thing youre exposing is that youre a f*ckin airhead that cant even comprehend text.

dudes in there mad because I refuse to bow down to some magazine written by some dorks and refer to it as a bible of all things blasphemous.

some of you dudes is nerds for real for real.
"certified veteran top-tier SOHH posters". :laugh: MAN PLEASE LOG OFF AND GET SOME P*SSY. or at least a hug or something.

:mjlol: at this fukking retard :mjlol:

da fukk i'm following you
when i didn't even @ you nor reply to you
when i realized you made this stupid ass thread & saw the backlash
i felt the need to warn posters not to take you serious
so i posted

OP was supposedly born in mid 80’s & didnt listen hip hop till the 00’s

:hubie:notice the word supposedly

and i find it interesting you only addressed your age & thr source mag (completely ignoring the claims that you grew up as a R&B kid and got into hip hop much later on)

with all that said - you’re simply mutherfukken KRAY KRAY
weather you like it or not, you dont have any merit & absolutely not worthy of making this type of thread about early 90’s hiphop when your born in 1985

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
they never really took back over.

by the time they regained their footing in the late 90s, the south was right there neck-n-neck.

I'd say the east shared the top with the south thru '98-03.
altho, i'd give '01-02 to the east.
Let me rephrase,they overtook the west in the mid late 90's.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

and i find it interesting you only addressed your age & thr source mag (completely ignoring the claims that you grew up as a R&B kid and got into hip hop much later on)

weather you like it or not, you dont have any merit & absolutely not worthy of making this type of thread about early 90’s hiphop when your born in 1985

youre a dikkhead.

all of this was already covered in the previous post. how many times do I have to keep repeating myself??

I clearly stated that the only bullet-point you have correct was my age, and you only had that right because it was mentioned a couple posts ago.
and I already said the rest of your bullet-points were FALSE. what the f*ck else do you want me to say? am I supposed to type up an essay or something? chit is just FALSE and I don't know where its coming from. like I said, you prolly have me mixed up with somebody else. either that or youre just making the chit up purposely. get a life.

and you posted a link to the thread where youre blatantly misquoting the f*ck out me, which kills your whole purpose.

:mjlol: at this fukking retard :mjlol:

da fukk i'm following you
when i didn't even @ you nor reply to you
when i realized you made this stupid ass thread & saw the backlash
i felt the need to warn posters not to take you serious
so i posted

OP was supposedly born in mid 80’s & didnt listen hip hop till the 00’s

:hubie:notice the word supposedly

you right about one thing. im crazy. yea. and im living good because of it.

following me around as in you kept pushing that bullchit even after I told you to kick rocks. I see that youre not very hip and I have to spell everything out for you.

what backlash? most of the backlash came from people with piss-poor comprehension skills like yourself. very few people that actually understand what the thread is about, are complaining.

I can make a thread about whatever I want. you got people in here who are like 20 years old, arguing about biggie & 2pac all dam day, but yet you got the nerve to come in here and say some chit. youre the one that shouldn't be allowed to post anything regarding music, seeing as how you always come off like you never leave the house. go jerk off to p.diddy pics and call it a day weirdo.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
inspired by my rant here:
"The South fukked up Hip Hop's sound"

elitists & purists are so full of chit. and I feel like the east coast lost its footing in the early-mid '90s because of it. people love to uphold this time period as some sort of holy grail and act as if that's when hip-hop began. and in turn, east coast music lost a lot of elements that previously made it great in the 1st place...……

......….and the other coasts picked up the slack & kept those elements alive thru the '90s to today. not just the party elements, but also the production, the presentation, the mic presence, the chit that blew hip-hop up in the first place. outside of the new jack swing rap in the early '90s and a chosen few in the mid-90s, all of this became absent on the east. and it has been hit-or-miss ever since because half the artists are just lost.

don't get it twisted, I still love some '90s boom bap and the native tongue stuff was overall good too, but the east coast as a whole did a poor job of balancing it out, and they were losing because of it.​

Either you have a revisionist way of thinking or you lacked understanding the several dominos as to how the East dropped during the times between the early to mid 90's. The reason were two folded:

1. The many break-ups of legendary groups such as EPMD, Eric B and Rakim, BDP, Ultramagnetic MC's, and so forth.

and...

2. THE CHRONIC.

When The Chronic came out in 1992, it changed everything in hip hop. That's the album that shifted the culture leaning heavily to the West Coast. It's the album that got rap labels, arguably under the instruction of their parent major labels have rappers to GANGSTA RAP type music. Most of the East Coast except for a small few like Kool G Rap, Schoolly D and what not weren't even on that hard street shyt, until The Chronic. Then all of the sudden you get these hard gangsta rap shyt. All of the sudden, a group like Black Moon came out with a non-street "who got the propz" release a hardcore street album in 93. Or Fat Joe gets introduced. Or Big L, Or Mobb Deep.... all in 1993. All within a year of The Chronic. That when Def Jam West was introduced with Bo$$. Them putting out Oynx, all of these East Coast hardcore acts suddenly emerge. Because with the old legendary acts and emceeing phasing out... a void needed to be fulfil. the problem was that the East Coast refused to use the G-Funk sound, they stuck with more of East Coast beats which wasn't the popular thing because of The Chronic changed the sound. It wasn't until Biggie who emulated a west coast album was when the shift was turning back to them and they again dominated during the late 90's to early 00's.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Yea pretty much after pac died.
Them nikkas was totally lost and confused over there.
And the east coast started making more relevant and effective music.

I don't think it was so much on pac.

more like they couldn't come up with another popular sound after g-funk ran its course.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Either you have a revisionist way of thinking or you lacked understanding the several dominos as to how the East dropped during the times between the early to mid 90's. The reason were two folded:

1. The many break-ups of legendary groups such as EPMD, Eric B and Rakim, BDP, Ultramagnetic MC's, and so forth.

and...

2. THE CHRONIC.

When The Chronic came out in 1992, it changed everything in hip hop. That's the album that shifted the culture leaning heavily to the West Coast. It's the album that got rap labels, arguably under the instruction of their parent major labels have rappers to GANGSTA RAP type music. Most of the East Coast except for a small few like Kool G Rap, Schoolly D and what not weren't even on that hard street shyt, until The Chronic. Then all of the sudden you get these hard gangsta rap shyt. All of the sudden, a group like Black Moon came out with a non-street "who got the propz" release a hardcore street album in 93. Or Fat Joe gets introduced. Or Big L, Or Mobb Deep.... all in 1993. All within a year of The Chronic. That when Def Jam West was introduced with Bo$$. Them putting out Oynx, all of these East Coast hardcore acts suddenly emerge. Because with the old legendary acts and emceeing phasing out... a void needed to be fulfil. the problem was that the East Coast refused to use the G-Funk sound, they stuck with more of East Coast beats which wasn't the popular thing because of The Chronic changed the sound. It wasn't until Biggie who emulated a west coast album was when the shift was turning back to them and they again dominated during the late 90's to early 00's.

this dude in here dap-fishing.

youre not telling me anything I don't already know. and we covered half of this stuff already in this thread. if you wanted to add something then you should've just did that and the floor would be yours, but you wanna be on some L7 chit.

also, the dominoes were already falling before the chronic buddy. but i'll let you get your daps from the dikkheads.
and most of those groups you listed in part 1 were already phasing out and/or falling off regardless.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I don't think it was so much on pac.

more like they couldn't come up with another popular sound after g-funk ran its course.
nikka u really looking for a debate huh.
I'm not saying it was on pac.
But timeline wise,that marked the end of that west coast coast power position. There's a ton of factors as to why it was a wrap though.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this dude in here dap-fishing.

youre not telling me anything I don't already know. and we covered half of this stuff already in this thread. if you wanted to add something then you should've just did that and the floor would be yours, but you wanna be on some L7 chit.

also, the dominoes were already falling before the chronic buddy. but i'll let you get your daps from the dikkheads.
and most of those groups you listed in part 1 were already phasing out and/or falling off regardless.

First of all, I don't comment for props. Second of all, I'm not going to read nine pages of comments. I could careless what OTHERS have said. I am commenting on your INITIAL COMMENT and explain how you got it completely wrong in actual historical context. I do not see how speaking actual facts that all the legendary acts that was running hip hop in the early 90's from EPMD to BDP and Erick B and Rakim played a factor. Or the most obvious case about the impact The Chronic have made that shifted that dominance to the west coast and left a void out in the east to where record execs were seeking out more street/gangsta hardcore rap acts and that's how a new breed of these east coast rappers that will eventually usher a Silver age came through mostly in 1993 from Black Moon's and Mobb Deep's debut to even Wu-tang Clan, people like Fat Joe, Onyx and so on. And it is a fact that most of the nation, because of the crossover success of The Chronic was in love with that G-Funk sound. Those are nothing but facts.

That's exactly what happen. Save the BS you was spewing....

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
nikka u really looking for a debate huh.
I'm not saying it was on pac.
But timeline wise,that marked the end of that west coast coast power position. There's a ton of factors as to why it was a wrap though.

not looking for an argument.

just giving the west coast some credit. not trying to put it all on pac.

I see what youre saying now tho.:hubie:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
First of all, I don't comment for props. Second of all, I'm not going to read nine pages of comments. I could careless what OTHERS have said. I am commenting on your INITIAL COMMENT and explain how you got it completely wrong in actual historical context. I do not see how speaking actual facts that all the legendary acts that was running hip hop in the early 90's from EPMD to BDP and Erick B and Rakim played a factor. Or the most obvious case about the impact The Chronic have made that shifted that dominance to the west coast and left a void out in the east to where record execs were seeking out more street/gangsta hardcore rap acts and that's how a new breed of these east coast rappers that will eventually usher a Silver age came through mostly in 1993 from Black Moon's and Mobb Deep's debut to even Wu-tang Clan, people like Fat Joe, Onyx and so on. And it is a fact that most of the nation, because of the crossover success of The Chronic was in love with that G-Funk sound. Those are nothing but facts.

That's exactly what happen. Save the BS you was spewing....

you didn't even properly read the INITIAL COMMENT. because if you did, you would know that it was pasted from another thread.

if you didn't read at least a lil bit past that, then you shouldn't have come in here bussin your gun at the ceiling all crazy. you came in here talking mad disrespectful - some str8 internet nut chit. and then you thought you were schooling somebody when we - myself included, already spoke on some of those topics in this and the other thread. not to mention that the time period that we're talking about, spans long before the chronic's existence. you look stupid as f*ck in here.

and nah, none of those acts you listed were exactly running rap in the early '90s. they were running the east coast. you missed half of the premise of this thread by a mile. but go head and "cook".

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:whistle: like I said, you never heard the shocker.:whistle:

and as for the stuff youre referring to, ITS HIS STYLE. you dudes say this chit about silkk, but then turn around and crown the RZA & cormega in the same sitting.

and now youre reaching for straws, bringing up random names that have nothing to do with this, and putting words in my mouth. I don't even listen to benzino. that made men album was tough tho.
you always look so desperate when you try to get a one-up. always hilarious. and whats funny is, you force these arguments out of nowhere like youre carrying a grudge. look how badly this thread got derailed.

I don't know what "you dudes" do, I speak for myself. And the only thing I ever gave a shyt about the RZA doing is beats and business moves, most of his raps can kick rocks as well, so what you sayin'? And yes, you're right, I didn't listen to that Silkk album because I've heard enough of Silkk the Shocker to know I didn't need to listen to an entire hour of him.

And I ain't carryin' a grudge with you, shyt I thought you had a dope thread until it got off into that patented Wacky D shyt :heh:

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps

and...

2. THE CHRONIC.

Truth.

I was in college when The Chronic came out. Damn near every dorm was playing that album front to back.

Also, we kinda saw the decline of conscious acts such as PE, BDP, Brand Nubian, X-Clan, Paris, etc. when The Chronic dropped.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
And yes, you're right, I didn't listen to that Silkk album because I've heard enough of Silkk the Shocker to know I didn't need to listen to an entire hour of him.

so basically, youre arguing about something that you really don't know about, and you know you don't know, but you still wanna argue.

you should take heed to the advice you gave in that other thread.:whistle:

And I ain't carryin' a grudge with you, shyt I thought you had a dope thread until it got off into that patented Wacky D shyt :heh:

and what would that be?

all I said was silk made better music than the GZA. im entitled to my opinion, and im not the only one in here arguing with you about that.

the whole "this cant possibly be better than that" elitist mentality is another reason why the east coast gets shut out, but that's for another thread.