East Coast Lost It's Footing In the Early-Mid '90s Because Of The Lack Of Entertainment Value

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps

This the nikka I was supposed to listen to in '96, Wacky? THIS nikka? When I was listening to Nas, Jay, Pac, Ghostface, Mobb, Redman, Outkast, Fugees, Westside Connection, The Roots, Busta, Lost Boyz, Keith Murray, De La Soul, Geto Boys, Heltah Skeltah, Jeru, Do Or Die, and a whole GANG of other shyt including Master P... this was a dope nikka I slept on? WORD?

:mjlol:

Yes,his album is better than some of the names on that list.
Same way you're dismissing The Shocker,trust that it's names on your list that was getting very limited burn on a national level.
Jeru
Heltah Skeltah
roots (beyond I GOT YOU)
keith murray
red

meant nothing in my town

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

youre a dikkhead.

all of this was already covered in the previous post. how many times do I have to keep repeating myself??

I clearly stated that the only bullet-point you have correct was my age, and you only had that right because it was mentioned a couple posts ago.
and I already said the rest of your bullet-points were FALSE. what the f*ck else do you want me to say? am I supposed to type up an essay or something? chit is just FALSE and I don't know where its coming from. like I said, you prolly have me mixed up with somebody else. either that or youre just making the chit up purposely. get a life.

and you posted a link to the thread where youre blatantly misquoting the f*ck out me, which kills your whole purpose.

you right about one thing. im crazy. yea. and im living good because of it.

following me around as in you kept pushing that bullchit even after I told you to kick rocks. I see that youre not very hip and I have to spell everything out for you.

what backlash? most of the backlash came from people with piss-poor comprehension skills like yourself. very few people that actually understand what the thread is about, are complaining.

I can make a thread about whatever I want. you got people in here who are like 20 years old, arguing about biggie & 2pac all dam day, but yet you got the nerve to come in here and say some chit. youre the one that shouldn't be allowed to post anything regarding music, seeing as how you always come off like you never leave the house. go jerk off to p.diddy pics and call it a day weirdo.

first off why do you keep regurgitating I am mixing you up or confusing you with another poster when I already posted a link of a thread that was done a year ago which several OG SOHH posters exposed you.... about your age, your love 1st love of music which was R&B and you not being into hip hip till later on somewhere at the end of the 90’s early 00’s

you do have a right to your own opinion that’s why I didn’t at you nor reply to this thread I simply posted a statement given people fair warning that you wasn’t qualified to make this thread

and I am not about to go back-and-forth with you on this as I said those OG posters this are extremely credible, so I believe them and if you have issues with what they said/posted, then you can take it up with them

they never really took back over.

by the time they regained their footing in the late 90s, the south was right there neck-n-neck.

I'd say the east shared the top with the south thru '98-03.
altho, i'd give '01-02 to the east.

and this is the reason, why they were right
you seem to be an 00’s nikka NOT a 90’s nikka
you should make threads about Dip set, Cash Money, the southern nikkaz, G-Uint etc...

cause any hip-hop head with a half a brain knows from ‘94 to ‘98
that five year span the East Coast completely dominated hip-hop like no other coast, region, section, area whatever u wanna call it etc. etc.
and that’s not my opinion..... THAT’S FACT !!!

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yes,his album is better than some of the names on that list.
Same way you're dismissing The Shocker,trust that it's names on your list that was getting very limited burn on a national level.
Jeru
Heltah Skeltah
roots (beyond I GOT YOU)
keith murray
red

meant nothing in my town

Awwww boy, I knew you'd pop up with your bellyaching. I can't believe this thread eventually turned into "how dare you besmirch the name of our beloved SILKK THE GOTDAMN SHOCKER."

WHO gives a fukk... I didn't say shyt about what anyone else was listenin' to in my city, your city, or anywhere else. Y'all nikkas always hella-capin' for some of the most mediocre MFs and tryin' to blame "East Coast bias" for why they wack. :heh:

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
no way that is true because it wasn't under the mid/late 2000s that the South really took over

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Awwww boy, I knew you'd pop up with your bellyaching. I can't believe this thread eventually turned into "how dare you besmirch the name of our beloved SILKK THE GOTDAMN SHOCKER."

WHO gives a fukk... I didn't say shyt about what anyone else was listenin' to in my city, your city, or anywhere else. Y'all nikkas always hella-capin' for some of the most mediocre MFs and tryin' to blame "East Coast bias" for why they wack. :heh:
Funny,i'm not mad AT ALL. You pointed out all these records that came out that year,that would easily keep you from giving a fukk about Silkk.
And i was trying to show you,that alot of them joints u named,got the same treatment,by other groups of people. Doesnt mean they're any less good than you might think they are though. And i never thought Silkk was a great rapper.
But the album and the one after that were bumping. And I legit had people stepping to me in shock (no pun intended),that I initially wasnt fukking with the album.

As far as bias,anyone from anywhere can have some form of bias. Any place with a thriving prideful hiphop scene will probably be bias to some degree.
But the east is REALLY REALLY bias because they're the only place that has a hater narrative pushed by their media and it's been going on for 30 years and running.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
you sound like you based your whole opinion from pages of Right On! Magazine circa 1990, NY alone had a lot of rappers and entertainment poppin off.
-Special Ed
- Black Moon
-Smif n Wessun
-Gang Starr (Guru)
-Tribe
-De La Soul
- DJ Premier
- the whole backpack clique movement started
-Salt n Pepa
-Nikki D
- Sweet T
-Stretch and Bobbitto
-Digable Planets (jazz/rap influence)
-

None of that shyt was really popping nationwide like Death Row.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

This the nikka I was supposed to listen to in '96, Wacky? THIS nikka? When I was listening to Nas, Jay, Pac, Ghostface, Mobb, Redman, Outkast, Fugees, Westside Connection, The Roots, Busta, Lost Boyz, Keith Murray, De La Soul, Geto Boys, Heltah Skeltah, Jeru, Do Or Die, and a whole GANG of other shyt including Master P... this was a dope nikka I slept on? WORD?

:mjlol:

that album is better than at least half of the albums you just listed.

btw, that song is dope but I can see you conveniently posted one of the weaker cuts.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
first off why do you keep regurgitating I am mixing you up or confusing you with another poster when I already posted a link of a thread that was done a year ago which several OG SOHH posters exposed you.... about your age, your love 1st love of music which was R&B and you not being into hip hip till later on somewhere at the end of the 90’s early 00’s

and this is the reason, why they were right
you seem to be an 00’s nikka NOT a 90’s nikka
you should make threads about Dip set, Cash Money, the southern nikkaz, G-Uint etc...

cause any hip-hop head with a half a brain knows from ‘94 to ‘98
that five year span the East Coast completely dominated hip-hop like no other coast, region, section, area whatever u wanna call it etc. etc.
and that’s not my opinion..... THAT’S FACT !!!

I never said my first love for music was r&b and I asked you to show me where youre getting that and other misquotes from, but you continuously change the subject, and go back to repeating the same bullchit, passing it off as truth. chit like that will get you killed in real life, but I see you aint cut like that anyway.

nobody exposed my age. I made my age public knowledge myself dumbass. im 33 and ive been into this chit since the '80s. you up here trying to formulate some exposal like I aint been on this board for dam near 18 years and like my portfolio hasn't been an open book, all the way down to the blocks that I posted up on. MAN IF YOU DONT GET YOUR GEEK ASS THE F*CK OUTTA HERE and stop trying to derail the thread because it goes against your agenda.

don't tell me what I should be posting about. you don't know me. I should go tell you to post about d*cks because you come off like a fakkit.

stick to making delusional comments like that bullchit chit at the bottom of your post. go jerk off to biggie smalls pics and call it a day:heh:

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
no way that is true because it wasn't under the mid/late 2000s that the South really took over

:dwillhuh:

the south sold more records in the late '90s/early '00s than they did in the era where they forcefed the south on us.

and have you ever heard of the west coast? and the Midwest?

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

I dont give a fukk where a nikka from. I cant even take a nikka serious who would bump Silk The Shocker over Redman Muddy Waters in 96. Lol

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
that album is better than at least half of the albums you just listed.

btw, that song is dope but I can see you conveniently posted one of the weaker cuts.

At least half, huh... OK.

Enjoy the rest of your day. :mjlol:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I dont give a fukk where a nikka from. I cant even take a nikka serious who would bump Silk The Shocker over Redman Muddy Waters in 96. Lol

This is what I'm sayin'... I'm supposed to entertain the thought of a nikka who's always been wack just to prove I'm not biased... meanwhile there's nikkas from his hometown that were way better than him and I dug their shyt. P ain't ever been the most amazin' rapper himself, but I'll listen to his shyt first. Gotdamn Silkk the damn Shocker...

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

that redman album wasn't even all that.

and its the embodiment of what this thread is about