East Coast Lost It's Footing In the Early-Mid '90s Because Of The Lack Of Entertainment Value

Daps
Never lost footing. Legacies never lose. I don't hear no one talking about that snap rap the south had going on for a about a half a minute and last thing out of the west coast was back in the early 90s .. but an entire history of rap's origins began on the east coast; still maintained traction and relevancy.
Sure it did. 50 Cent wasn't really repping NY, but even if you count him, there was a bunch of nothing happening out of NY from 2000-2005.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Sure it did. 50 Cent wasn't really repping NY, but even if you count him, there was a bunch of nothing happening out of NY from 2000-2005.
wtf are the fuk are you talking about ? And who are you? And why should i care about your opinion? You haven't presented any facts to back up your statement, when you can provide examples that have thought ... try quoting me again. 50 cent wasn't the only rapper popping out of new York and the whole Dipset movement started in 2002, mobb deep,
:comeon: ..where are you from?

Daps
wtf are the fuk are you talking about ? And who are you? And why should i care about your opinion? You haven't presented any facts to back up your statement, when you can provide examples that have thought ... try quoting me again. 50 cent wasn't the only rapper popping out of new York and the whole Dipset movement started in 2002, mobb deep,
:comeon: ..where are you from?

Mobb Deep was irrelevant by 2000 and joined G-Unit to :mjlol: reception

Dipset was awful and Cam'Ron put an album out with the all time gayest cover

Confessionsoffire.jpg

but ended up being even worse in the early 2000's with pop tracks
:mjlol:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Mobb Deep was irrelevant by 2000 and joined G-Unit to :mjlol: reception

Dipset was awful and Cam'Ron put an album out with the all time gayest cover

Confessionsoffire.jpg

but ended up being even worse in the early 2000's with pop tracks
You're annoying as shyt....ignored based on the lack of validity in your commentary and obvious troll baiting along with the fact that I'm not in the mood...*yawwwwnnnn.

And you sound like an old person who listened to mail order "now that's what I call music " cds their whole life bc they had no black radio stations in whatever town, Wyoming; but is attempting a comeback comment not knowing they sound lame and out of touch as fuk. next. ...

"These kids and their awwwfullll music.....turn down that racket and get off my lawnnnnn....."!!! U need to stop quoting me and go back to playing your pan flute or listening to Kenny g.

Last edited:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
so basically, youre arguing about something that you really don't know about, and you know you don't know, but you still wanna argue.

you should take heed to the advice you gave in that other thread.:whistle:

Nah, because unlike the people I referenced in the other thread, I'm well aware of Silkk, I always thought he was trash, has nothing to do with East Coast, has everything to do with him bein' wack. And like I said, I heard enough of him to know I didn't need to hear the rest. I'm not gonna listen to a wack nikka's album for further proof of what I already heard and thought was trash. That ain't elitism, it's having two ears. If you think Silkk was a MF worth listening to, good for you. For me, there was too much good shyt out to entertain the thought of buyin' his shyt. If it makes you feel better as a Silkk fan, I did like the TRU album.

Daps
You're annoying as shyt....ignored based on the lack of validity in your commentary and obvious troll baiting along with the fact that I'm not in the mood...*yawwwwnnnn.

And you sound like an old person who listened to mail order "now that's what I call music " cds their whole life bc they had no black radio stations in whatever town, Wyoming; but is attempting a comeback comment not knowing they sound lame and out of touch as fuk. next. ...

"These kids and their awwwfullll music.....turn down that racket and get off my lawnnnnn....."!!! U need to stop quoting me and go back to playing your pan flute or listening to Kenny g.

I’m listening to ATCQ right now you tool.

Don’t be mad at me because your beloved city has been in a slump for 18 years.

I love early era NY but everything this millennium aside from a few guys is :mjlol:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Nah, because unlike the people I referenced in the other thread, I'm well aware of Silkk, I always thought he was trash, has nothing to do with East Coast, has everything to do with him bein' wack. And like I said, I heard enough of him to know I didn't need to hear the rest. I'm not gonna listen to a wack nikka's album for further proof of what I already heard and thought was trash. That ain't elitism, it's having two ears. If you think Silkk was a MF worth listening to, good for you. For me, there was too much good shyt out to entertain the thought of buyin' his shyt. If it makes you feel better as a Silkk fan, I did like the TRU album.

I don't judge rappers until I listen to whats considered their best work. otherwise, im just talking out my ass.

I could care less if you like dude or not. just know what youre talking about before you start yappin. I expected better from you.:beli:

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ruff Ryders, Terror Squad, Roc-A-Fella (later on Dipset too) made NYC fun/entertaining again from 98 on

Wu-Tang, Mobb Sleep, Nas (mostly), BCC, KRS and co made this humorfree bad-mood boombap rap for angry kids with tiny cockles in the mid-90s, ugh

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Ruff Ryders, Terror Squad, Roc-A-Fella (later on Dipset too) made NYC fun/entertaining again from 98 on

Wu-Tang, Mobb Sleep, Nas (mostly), BCC, KRS and co made this humorfree bad-mood boombap rap for angry kids with tiny cockles in the mid-90s, ugh

LOL @ the bolded.

what about the early '90s tho? that's when I started drifting. couldn't get down with the native tongues & the daisy age stuff for starters.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't judge rappers until I listen to whats considered their best work. otherwise, im just talking out my ass.

I could care less if you like dude or not. just know what youre talking about before you start yappin. I expected better from you.:beli:

Yeah man, I'ma listen to an offbeat half ass rappin' ass nikka on damn near every song I ever heard him rhyme on... lemme listen to one of his albums just so I can be sure he raps offbeat and halfass all the time.

Maybe you had that kinda time & energy. Not I, breh. Even when I had time, I didn't have time.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Yeah man, I'ma listen to an offbeat half ass rappin' ass nikka on damn near every song I ever heard him rhyme on... lemme listen to one of his albums just so I can be sure he raps offbeat and halfass all the time.

Maybe you had that kinda time & energy. Not I, breh. Even when I had time, I didn't have time.

the 1st album wasn't offbeat.
silkk was a west coast rapper on west coast beats on that album.

like I said, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT.

btw, the shocker is better than the TRU album you like, imo.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
the 1st album wasn't offbeat.
silkk was a west coast rapper on west coast beats on that album.

like I said, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT.

btw, the shocker is better than the TRU album you like, imo.

and like I said... I DIDN'T GIVE A shyt ABOUT NO DAMN SILKK THE SHOCKER IN 1996.

OF ALL THE THINGS, Silkk the gotdamn Shocker is the hill you're picking to die on in this thread. Yikes.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
and like I said... I DIDN'T GIVE A shyt ABOUT NO DAMN SILKK THE SHOCKER IN 1996.

you mean, the same way all those people in the other thread don't care about brand Nubian in the early '90s???:sas1:

like I said, it sounds like you need to take your own advice from that thread.:sas2:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
you mean, the same way all those people in the other thread don't care about brand Nubian in the early '90s???:sas1:

like I said, it sounds like you need to take your own advice from that thread.:sas2:

Man look, these "gotcha!" games gotta stop...

Nah, it's not the same because unlike that thread, I KNOW exactly who I'm talkin' about. I know I'm not carin' about a person who I heard and decided was wack IN REAL TIME. That is nowhere near the same as not knowing who someone even is, not knowing what they did or anything to that effect, yet negating who they are just because I never heard of them.

Come on breh... you will never win this type of shyt with me... the only thing you win at is telling me about Made Men albums nshyt. :sas1::sas2:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

This the nikka I was supposed to listen to in '96, Wacky? THIS nikka? When I was listening to Nas, Jay, Pac, Ghostface, Mobb, Redman, Outkast, Fugees, Westside Connection, The Roots, Busta, Lost Boyz, Keith Murray, De La Soul, Geto Boys, Heltah Skeltah, Jeru, Do Or Die, and a whole GANG of other shyt including Master P... this was a dope nikka I slept on? WORD?