East Coast Lost It's Footing In the Early-Mid '90s Because Of The Lack Of Entertainment Value

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
If we talking National scale...

90 BBD, Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, Kid N Play in movies and cartoons

91 OPP, LLs Mama saying to knock Moe Dee out, Heavy Ds existence, The movie New Jack City.

92 Das Efx had everyone in that iggidy shyt to the point Ice Cube was on the tip. You had Wrecks N Effex on some rumpshaker shyt. They Reminisce Over You. The movie Juice. Those white boys had that song Jump Around.

93 Nuaghty By Nature had the anthem of the year with Hip Hop Hooray, Onyx slammin',, Redman was in his own lane, Lords Of The Underground had hits.

94 DJ Clue is starting to make noise in the DJ world.

Also...It was Puffy who groomed Jodeci.
Close thread

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You aint never lie. Ill never have 20k post on here lol.

that's because you don't have chit to say and you try to keep your post-count down to look cool.

and yet youre prolly still on here way more than me.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
lol, despite the Boston jerseys, those House of Pain dudes were from LA. they were part of the Soul Assassins crew, and DJ Muggs (Cypress Hill) produced Jump Around

I thought everlast was from some white ghetto overseas and migrated to boston.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
But see, I can't say all this either. You had The Chronic and Doggystyle, which (especially Doggystyle) were hard records with party vibes, fair. Matter fact, this was mostly the vibe of everything Death Row put out. Aside from that... Ice Cube was mostly awful at making party songs, his best shyt was still the hard shyt. Pac made party joints here and there, it's not what he's remembered/loved for the most. MC Eiht, Spice 1, Scarface, Geto Boys, Bone Thugs, Cypress? Little to no party vibes. You had your 2 Live Crew, 69 Boyz, bass shyt but again... that was considered to be on the outskirts.

I think between '92-'95, fun just wasn't the central theme anywhere. It had to gradually get back to that.

death row made party music period.
bone thugs had stuff that falls into the vibes category.
cypress hill gets it jumping for Mexicans & white folks
"I get around" pro-longed 2pac's rap career. and his biggest album was 2-discs chocked full of party songs & vibes songs.
ice cube - rapping over jackin 4 beats, and the sample for "no vasseline" have to count for something. plus the stuff with yo-yo. and of course, predator was his biggest album, despite being his weakest up to that point.
geto boys had a couple of smashes with mass appeal. altho scarface by himself was never exactly a star. neither were mc eiht & spice 1.

and all these artists(minus death row & pac) still took a hit to their legacies because of the lack of outright party cuts.
chit I don't even remember watching any ice cube videos from '90-92 in real-time except "jackin 4 beats". he was ICE CUBE tho.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Or maybe u should stop with clickbait titles.

nah, im having a real discussion with real content.

youre the one disrupting the thread with one-liners. not me.:whistle:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I think he's originally from New York, but moved to LA when he was young. before House of Pain, he was down with Ice-T and the Rhyme Syndicate

House of Pain had the irish gimmick, so they wore the Celtics jerseys

:mindblown:slow down. this is too much for me at once. I thought they were from the roughest ghettos in Ireland.:mindblown:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
death row made party music period.
bone thugs had stuff that falls into the vibes category.
cypress hill gets it jumping for Mexicans & white folks
"I get around" pro-longed 2pac's rap career. and his biggest album was 2-discs chocked full of party songs & vibes songs.
ice cube - rapping over jackin 4 beats, and the sample for "no vasseline" have to count for something. plus the stuff with yo-yo. and of course, predator was his biggest album, despite being his weakest up to that point.
geto boys had a couple of smashes with mass appeal. altho scarface by himself was never exactly a star. neither were mc eiht & spice 1.

and all these artists(minus death row & pac) still took a hit to their legacies because of the lack of outright party cuts.
chit I don't even remember watching any ice cube videos from '90-92 in real-time except "jackin 4 beats". he was ICE CUBE tho.

Bone Thugs aint made no party joints, breh... if we gonna say the NY dudes wasn't makin' "jams", we gotta keep it the same for everybody else. Otherwise, I'ma see your "Thuggish Ruggish Bone" and raise you "Who Got The Props", :pachaha:
Yeah, Pac had "I Get Around". Whats his other party hits from the early-mid '90s before All Eyez?
Jackin' 4 Beats ain't no party record, breh... what parties you been at?
Geto Boys' biggest song, in fact their only truly big song was about a drug dealer's paranoia, wasn't no party joint. So if we gonna bend the rules for this, I'ma bend rules for "C.R.E.A.M." :pachaha:
Scarface sold more solo than he did with GB, what youuuu talm'bout...
Eiht and Spice 1 were never doin' Snoop/Pac/Cube numbers, but they were def. movin' units, and not with radio/party songs.
Cypress Hill got it jumpin' for Mexicans and white boys later... "How I Could Just Kill A Man", "Hand On The Pump", etc. weren't no party joints either, they were street hits that moved units. The suburbs caught on later, like with everything.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Bone Thugs aint made no party joints, breh... if we gonna say the NY dudes wasn't makin' "jams", we gotta keep it the same for everybody else. Otherwise, I'ma see your "Thuggish Ruggish Bone" and raise you "Who Got The Props", :pachaha:
Yeah, Pac had "I Get Around". Whats his other party hits from the early-mid '90s before All Eyez?
Jackin' 4 Beats ain't no party record, breh... what parties you been at?
Geto Boys' biggest song, in fact their only truly big song was about a drug dealer's paranoia, wasn't no party joint. So if we gonna bend the rules for this, I'ma bend rules for "C.R.E.A.M." :pachaha:
Scarface sold more solo than he did with GB, what youuuu talm'bout...
Eiht and Spice 1 were never doin' Snoop/Pac/Cube numbers, but they were def. movin' units, and not with radio/party songs.
Cypress Hill got it jumpin' for Mexicans and white boys later... "How I Could Just Kill A Man", "Hand On The Pump", etc. weren't no party joints either, they were street hits that moved units. The suburbs caught on later, like with everything.

you've taken a lot of this out of context. maybe its the way I worded it, but im in agreement with you on this not being the era of the party.
I was moreso referring to songs with vibes & commercial appeal.

I clearly didn't say that bone thugs made party joints. re-read my post.
and "who got the props"(which I luv) doesn't have an ounce of the national or commercial appeal of a thuggish ruggish.

well lets not forget that pac didn't really take off as an elite rapper until he dropped that album from prison. then AEOM came out months later and made it an after-thought in terms of success.

yea, but ice cube rapped over party beats on "jackin 4 beats". same with the "no vasseline" rip. yea, im reaching for straws with cube but its effective.

geto boys - I was referring to "damn it feels good to be a gangsta", which they still play on white radio.
scarface put out way more records solo than he did with geto boys. "we cant be stopped" is prolly the highest-seller.

we gonna act like cypress hill was double-plat out the gate because of black people?