East Coast Lost It's Footing In the Early-Mid '90s Because Of The Lack Of Entertainment Value

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
so sassy.

you got quiet when I explained the actual context of this thread.
No I didn't get quiet, I got tired of reading your phillysplaining and I had other business to take care of. Your comments are gahhhbage status and wasn't worth discussing bc I already know how philly dudes never have nothing constructive to say about ny anyway, so I moved on.

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always try to tell people they used to play Black Moon in the club :ahh:

:russ: yeah the hood spots, back when nikkas was cool with smoking brown weed. I remember Blaze Magazine had a section where one of their journalists would go to some hood club and review the DJ set and the crowd reaction....shyt would have me cracking up picturing folks gettin busy to OC and Freddie Foxxx songs during the jiggy era

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
full

supposedly the OP was born in the mid to late 80’s and didn’t even like hip hop till the 2000’s
with that said
it’s ZERO reason to even take this non sense thread, seriously

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
No East Coast rapper during the first half of the 90s was going platinum in a short time until Biggie came out. And those that did, took years to get there.

Meanwhile Dre, Snoop, Outkast, NWA, Ice Cube, 2pac was selling out albums easy.

It was ONLY when Puffy came along and helped make the NY rap scene more fun to listen to.

well the truth is Outkast and pac receive their first platinum album/record in 1995
and the only east coast artist from the early to mid 90’s that was platinum before biggie was Naughty By Nature

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
:russ: yeah the hood spots, back when nikkas was cool with smoking brown weed. I remember Blaze Magazine had a section where one of their journalists would go to some hood club and review the DJ set and the crowd reaction....shyt would have me cracking up picturing folks gettin busy to OC and Freddie Foxxx songs during the jiggy era
I'm talkin before the 'jiggy era'

I was in Miami Beach, and hip-hop was only in smaller clubs, or a small room in the big clubs. when the 'jiggy era' came along hip-hop moved into the big room, but you weren't gonna hear Smif-N-Wessun anymore :mjcry:

shyt changed, and eventually it was something very different. like you said, smoking brown weed... now you gotta cop a $1000 bottle and listen to wack music :francis:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
All right

I'll do it

The reason southern rap blew up is not because Master P is better than GZA

Its because the south is home to the majority of

Black people

and they more easily identified with a lot of the mores and cultural elements of southern rap than they did "east coast"

once the convo of the south being intrinsically stupid and wack came around, the southern audience responded by holding their artists tighter.

I am still East Coast even though I grew up in the south. My style and the stuff I listen to is the same as in 95. Lots of BCC, WTC, 41st side type shyt

It boggles my mind when people play Project Pat for me like I missed out on something great. Its okay but I wanna hear Canibus break the time barrier with his bars, primarily.

I'd say it was a huge backlash to NYC's ego at the time moreso than anyone actually thinking Silkk the Shocker was dope...

Or maybe they did. Or maybe Canibus was not something they could decipher...

I don't think it was a quality issue

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
and the only east coast artist from the early to mid 90’s that was platinum before biggie was Naughty By Nature
lol, there's more than that. what about Das EFX, Onyx, Wu, Tribe, and Public Enemy? don't forget LL, Fresh Prince, and... Marky Mark :skip:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I’m confused as to why we need to be listening to weirdos who have no knowledge of hip hop.

Loll what y’all need to doing now is praising NYC for currently having its foot in the game. Looks nyc artist are looking good on the current billboard charts.

Bum ass Ralo fans :russ:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
lol, there's more than that. what about Das EFX, Onyx, Wu, Tribe, and Public Enemy? don't forget LL, Fresh Prince, and... Marky Mark :skip:

my bad
das efx & onyx both went plat in ‘93

and i didn’t use them artists like LL & PE - cause i was basing it off the OP criteria
Wu & Tribe went plat after biggie

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
You mean rampant and chronic c00ning as what we see today is entertainment. You consider these buck dancing drug induced retards as entertainment.

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
So basically east coast rap died because they didnt want to sound like stereotypes, and refused to make music that turns our brains into jello, and that the masses would rather see black entertainers dumb down their intelligence and promote drug addictions.

It all makes sense.