Earning less than 30k is a deal breaker for a 3rd of Daters

Dealbreaker

• Total voters

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yes but that’s if she wasn’t trying do better. I’d date her if she was in school or wanted to advance her career. We can come up together baby :wow:

Right. this seems like such a silly thing to be black and white on. I just broke up with a fantastic lady who was going to school to get into med school but had no fam here so yeah she wasn't banking but she was feminine, cute, and just a solid chick. It only didnt' work out because she definitely wants kids and I told nah I'm not the one. But she gon make some nikka very happy regardless if she make 30k or 100k and I'm sure its the same for a lot of solid brehs out there.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Right. this seems like such a silly thing to be black and white on. I just broke up with a fantastic lady who was going to school to get into med school but had no fam here so yeah she wasn't banking but she was feminine, cute, and just a solid chick. It only didnt' work out because she definitely wants kids and I told nah I'm not the one. But she gon make some nikka very happy regardless if she make 30k or 100k and I'm sure its the same for a lot of solid brehs out there.
Right. You don’t want kids at all?

I’m getting older but I still don’t think I want kids. I like the idea of kids but I can’t imagine it unless I have a nanny :wow:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Right. You don’t want kids at all?

I’m getting older but I still don’t think I want kids. I like the idea of kids but I can’t imagine it unless I have a nanny :wow:

its complicated. I wouldn't want to have kids until I've done basically everything I ever wanted without them because I refuse to bring my seeds into a situation that ain perfect for them. As that is an almost impossible situation I can't see it happening any time soon so I just let chicks no its not for me. Plus I'm terrified of me saying some inane thing in passing and it giving my kid a complex for their life because I've experienced and seen it happen :dead:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
its complicated. I wouldn't want to have kids until I've done basically everything I ever wanted without them because I refuse to bring my seeds into a situation that ain perfect for them. As that is an almost impossible situation I can't see it happening any time soon so I just let chicks no its not for me. Plus I'm terrified of me saying some inane thing in passing and it giving my kid a complex for their life because I've experienced and seen it happen :dead:
Me too. I guess I’ll wait till 40 :manny:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
My first job in 2003 paid $37k, I guess in todays money though that’s closer to $50k. But sub $30k should be fine if we are in our early 20’s saying and trying to build shyt together. :manny:

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's a deal breaker for me. I don't expect someone to make 6 figures, but I do believe that someone who has enough work experience and some base level credentials can make at least 50K.

Anything floating around the poverty level is a no go for me!
*shrugs*

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Under 75k for me :hubie:

I don’t need a chicks money. But I’m not trying have a woman fully dependent on me, that can’t also pay shyt here and there.

Plus if she’s making at 75k she probably has a salaried job with benefits like healthcare, maternal leave, and matching retirement contribution.

Everything being solely on me is just too much at my age, for where I live.
This is 2023. It is not the time to have a grown person living with you that isn't bringing in any income and helping with the bills.