Dealbreaker

• Total voters

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not alot of money, but the rest of the world lives off like what $2 a day?

If I was an alien hypothetically I would laugh and say the species that live in urban areas are letting their reproductive patterns be controlled by a rigged monopoly game. Just trying to be logical here

People promoting a monopoly game as the driving factor for your reproduction and continuation as a species, your biological legacy. It's become a god for so many of you

A rigged monopoly game... let it sink in

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You don’t have to tell anyone how much you make but a $30k life looks a lot different than a $50k, $60k or $100k life.

Not entirely. Only thing that changed between me making 30k and double that was I got a nicer car and more electronic toys that your average female won't know what they cost any way. I come from poverty so I know how to make bread stretch and still look good so even when I was broke, no one would guess it.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Set yourself to get roasted by potential dates:mjlol:

Real talk $30K can make a person live a millionaire in other parts of the world

In general
dont-tell-nobody-waynes-brothers.gif

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’d say living in a big city in cali it’s not even really worth with dealing Someone that doesn’t make within the ballpark of what you make (80%) unless you’re at least a high six figure earner.

It’s really too much of a liability when you think of it.

Because essentially you’re subsidizing their lifestyle tremendously, while also taking away from your ability to put away money for wealth creation.

A lot of people don’t really understand that making a 100k goes away easy when you consider taxes, rent/ home ,car and utilities.
Yes!
And inevitably they WILL need help and that can put a major strain on the relationship (and of course resources
like you mentioned!)
Paying phone bills.
Putting gas in the car.
Helping out with groceries.
Slowly you get roped into helping them "Be an adult".

Last edited:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Not entirely. Only thing that changed between me making 30k and double that was I got a nicer car and more electronic toys that your average female won't know what they cost any way. I come from poverty so I know how to make bread stretch and still look good so even when I was broke, no one would guess it.
A nicer car and more gadgets. Don’t underestimate women being privy to technological advances.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
If you making less than 30k dating shouldn’t be a priority. Go ahead and get that IT Cert, College Degree or trade school certification king.

If you earn less than 30k in 2023 as an adult and do not own a vagina, dating shouldn’t be high on your list of priorities.

I think too many people prioritize dating when they don't have their shyt in order, and I think this creates the overall shytty dynamics in modern relationships. Money is one of them aspects.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
A nicer car and more gadgets. Don’t underestimate women being privy to technological advances.

The car for sure. I would be shocked if a chick could look at my laptop or tv and guesstimate they cost 2k each, if she can do that she already as big a nerd as me so that may be future wifey :yeshrug:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
You don’t have to tell anyone how much you make but a $30k life looks a lot different than a $50k, $60k or $100k life.

Exactly, the only time I disclose my salary to another individual was for a mortage, or doing taxes lol

Since I make pretty good money now, my homie still clowns me because I still operate like I'm broke.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
The car for sure. I would be shocked if a chick could look at my laptop or tv and guesstimate they cost 2k each, if she can do that she already as big a nerd as me so that may be future wifey :yeshrug:
My final reply: broke and struggling are distinguishable and women can see the stark contrasts when a man has more than the next.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My final reply: broke and struggling are distinguishable and women can see the stark contrasts when a man has more than the next.
This.
People know, they aren't morons.
If they google my name, they'll find my professional networks and where I work.
They can google the job title from there.
If they see my car, my home, the items I own, they know I must have SOME kind of money
coming in.
If they see my musical equipment, it's the same thing.
Anyone who thinks you can fool a woman beyond the first date into believing you're "Broke"
is in for a rude awakening.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
This.
People know, they aren't morons.
If they google my name, they'll find my professional networks and where I work.
They can google the job title from there.
If they see my car, my home, the items I own, they know I must have SOME kind of money
coming in.
If they see my musical equipment, it's the same thing.
Anyone who thinks you can fool a woman beyond the first date into believing you're "Broke"
is in for a rude awakening.
:jbhmm: I accept this challenge :hubie: