Dealbreaker

• Total voters

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I've been trying my best to be considerate of people's situation but you simply cannot, after this one I'm having
the on and off with. I WILL NOT date anyone who makes less than a third of my salary. :pachaha:
You cannot build with a person who is in their late 20s/early 30s and is not actively working towards
positioning themselves to succeed.
I’d say living in a big city in cali it’s not even really worth with dealing Someone that doesn’t make within the ballpark of what you make (80%) unless you’re at least a high six figure earner.

It’s really too much of a liability when you think of it.

Because essentially you’re subsidizing their lifestyle tremendously, while also taking away from your ability to put away money for wealth creation.

A lot of people don’t really understand that making a 100k goes away easy when you consider taxes, rent/ home ,car and utilities.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Plenty of people with respectable/professional jobs are pulling in around 30/35, after taxes, after 401k contributions, health plan, that's on the low side, sure. Maybe 40 is more accurate.

I don't care about commitment, nor do I spend more than I want, so none of those things really bother me. Usually I go out or meet professional women, with degrees, and they make in the 40/60k range, net-net. Maybe 80 net.

Bio chemist researcher
Marketing
Marketing for larger corporation (probably 150k)
Engineer
Salon owner
Reporter
Interior Design

A lot of these people have decent degreees and professional sounding titles, but the money is usually below 100. I know bottle service and strippers making as much if not more, easy.

I read Thomas Picketty's Capital in 2014, and it's main idea is essentially that wage growth well never catch up to inflation or the return of stock gains, so a lot of these jobs, even for professional millennials were never going to make THAT kind of money. it's kind of a scam, in a very American/capitialism sense. A lot of the people I know, parents subsidize their lifestyle, even more in New York.

Last edited:

Amused Mastery

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Coming from someone in the DMV, idk how you'd even survive on 30k...that sounds like hell :mjlol:

I def prefer it if my girl is making more compared to less; dual income lifestyle is too good, even more so without kids. If we both have good solid careers just hire someone to do stuff like clean or whatever while we have fun and travel

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Coming from someone in the DMV, idk how you'd even survive on 30k...that sounds like hell :mjlol:

I def prefer it if my girl is making more compared to less; dual income lifestyle is too good, even more so without kids. If we both have good solid careers just hire someone to do stuff like clean or whatever while we have fun and travel
But when women say this everyone rags on “modern women” :martin:

Lol That sounds like a dream, and is how the high-powered couples I know do it.

Shoo…Sometimes I get my house cleaned and I’m single 🤣

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You lost if your telling somebody how much you make.

All the females I dated never knew how much I made and truthfully the only person who know exactly how much I make is my mom
you only lost when you're telling the wrong people

and fr... if you're making 30k as an adult and don't see anything wrong with it, its because you haven't had the right conversations for LONG time

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
You lost if your telling somebody how much you make.

All the females I dated never knew how much I made and truthfully the only person who know exactly how much I make is my mom
You don’t have to tell anyone how much you make but a $30k life looks a lot different than a $50k, $60k or $100k life.

Amused Mastery

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
But when women say this everyone rags on “modern women” :martin:

Lol That sounds like a dream, and is how the high-powered couples I know do it.

Shoo…Sometimes I get my house cleaned and I’m single 🤣
They don't know what they're missing lol. A friend of mine is making like 185k and his wife is pulling in 135k; they traveling out of the country frequently and eating good.

And yeah, I think everyone should get their apt/house professionally cleaned every now and then...it's cheaper than most ppl think. I got my 1br deep-cleaned for $175, def worth it :whew:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I guess if you're looking for a wife or mother or some shyt this matters but just dating seems pretty fukked up to judge someone on how much they make.

Its plenty of horrible people who make a lot of money who will ruin your life too.

And no I'm not broke. Id date a chick making 30k no problem if she is also an good natured, attractive person. I'm not spending her money and she not spending mine as we are simply dating so where is the issue.