Early-season ratings decline continues for NFL (Update: Ratings plummeting((officially in free fall)

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
What about the fact that the Thursday night game is streaming in HD on Twitter now? I watched last weeks game on my ipad while I was grilling and it was the #1 trending for hours.

That has to explain Thursday at least right?
twitter was only like 240k viewers or something. barely a blip on the map so far. was just an unappealing matchup really, at least last thursday. pats/cards and panthers/denver being down are a better barometer, as those are marquee matchups. nfl to this point has been matchup proof damn near. maybe thats skewing away. 2 week sample doesnt tell much. interested to see how this thursdays game fares. its a good matchup for most fans of football, but pats sans brady and the texans might not be casual fan draws nationally

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Weaker personalities as opposed to 10-15 years ago. You couldn’t pick some of these running backs and QBs out of a hat, or if they were right in front of you wearing their own jerseys.

This is lowkey one of the biggest problems. You don't have anymore TO, Ochocinco, etc. NFL has really put in a lot of rules to stifle players personalities

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is lowkey one of the biggest problems. You don't have anymore TO, Ochocinco, etc. NFL has really put in a lot of rules to stifle players personalities

There might be something to this. The NFL might need a team or personality to get more people to tune in

The NBA experienced 3 straight years of declining ratings on television, and the 2014-2015 season was the lowest rated regular in 7 years. The NBA got a boost in 2015-2016 which coincides with the soaring popularity of Curry/Warriors.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
I also think a lot of the NFLs problems come fro just pure greed, trying to extract too much money which puts some people off. If they just cut some of these damn commercials during games and stop trying to make games nearly 4 hours long, im teeling yall they would get many more people on board worldwide as well. Along with this Fanduel shyt, non guaranteed contracts, that breast cancer awareness bullshyt month, even this anthem shyt which they profit off if im correct its just pure greed.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

If it dies, it dies
9c71629577d4092cb4c03f91265a865c.png

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL

:ohhh:

You might be right. 75% of these cats starting in the league I don't even know. Especially a lot of RBs, WRs, and CBS. Hell even QBs.

3rd Koast Kang

Superstar
Daps
Yall been complaining about the NFL all summer :martin:

I dont get it. Especially from cats who say theyre waiting on bball. Granted I lo v e basketball but cmon the finals already set in stone. Takes out some of the intrigue IMO.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The game is over legislated. Every year there's new rules and the already incompetent refs are asked to do more. There's been some disastrous calls that make the game incredibly sloppy and frustrating (the Dez catch).

-more taunting calls
-flags for language
-defenseless recievers
-eliminating one of the most exciting elements of the game in kick off returns
-moving back the extra point
-suspending players for weed
-flags for excessive celebration
-PI getting spotted where the foul occurred instead of 15 yards

Goodell is doing a terrible job and trying to be a sheriff has all these scandals becoming major stories during the season.

The games are boring. How is it that a few teams like Pittsburgh and Arizona have all this talent at the skill positions and half the teams have none? The game is too QB dependent and most of those guys aren't marketable. Offenses aren't as dynamic as the college game. Traditional drop back passers:russell:. When coordinators figure out how to utilize black QB's the game will get better:mjpls:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Players had identities ten years ago. Almost every team had a good RB. Now they're platooning the RB position and most of the big name QBs have retired. Some of these new QBs haven't come into their own. Even if a QB was overrated, he at least had name recognition.

Players I can name off the top of my head..

RBs Terrel Davis, Deuce Mcallaster, Deuce Stalley, Curtis Martin, Tiki Barber, Warrick Dunn, Edgerin James, Rickey Williams, Priest Holmes, Shaun Alexander, Eddie George, Jerome Bettis, Clinton Portis

QBs Bret Farvre, Peyton Manning, Steve Mcnair, Michael Vick, Daunte Culpepper, Jeff Garcia, Rich Gannon, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Bledsoe