Early-season ratings decline continues for NFL (Update: Ratings plummeting((officially in free fall)

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
Early-season ratings decline continues for NFL

"Last year’s season-opening Thursday Night Football contest between the Broncos and Chiefs generated a 12.9 rating and a 24 share. Apples to apples, that’s a decline of more than 25 percent."

"In Week One, the ratings for Monday night’s games declined in comparison to 2015, as did the ratings for the opening night of the season and the first Sunday night game of the year.

It’s still too early to make broad conclusions or to proclaim the existence of trends. But the NFL surely must be troubled by the size of the TV audience relative to 2015, especially with Thursday night’s game involving one of the two New York teams. If the drop continues, the NFL will need to throw some of its billions at the problem before the billions begin to evaporate."

:rogerholmes:
i didnt wanna see broncos vs panthers again after i just saw it in the Superbowl

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I'm really curious to see where football stands in 10-15 years. From the overall inefficiency of the sport (Some college football games take 4 hours......just insane), to the injuries, sketchy contracts, beyond ridiculous taunting penalties and pass interference, shyt just doesn't add up.
The taunting penalty :shaq2:

Let old white men make all decisions your audience is becoming browner brehs:gladbron:

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I'm really curious to see where football stands in 10-15 years. From the overall inefficiency of the sport (Some college football games take 4 hours......just insane), to the injuries, sketchy contracts, beyond ridiculous taunting penalties and pass interference, shyt just doesn't add up.
NFL lucky fantasy took off cuz without it viewership would be even lower. Speaking of fantasy nothing more cringe than 30+ year old men talking about fantasy sports on a Monday morning

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Just wait until Week 5 for the ratings spike
1f1a3746b264082fac2918aa9b6957b8.png

That's against the Browns.:whoa:. We may have to wait until week six against the Bengals. I gave up my Dolphins tickets yesterday, but I'll be there to see that red headed ginger thrown multiple INT's and watch Brady throw for 5+ TD's.:ohlawd:.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
It doesn't help that NCAAF is only getting deeper and deeper. Every game has the potential to be an upset nowadays. The Patriots just beat the Dolphins without their first string or mainly their second string QBs. Their marquee games like the Cards/Bucs end up being ass more times than not.

Ain't nothing they can do, CFB will always be more interesting with the variety of looks you get.

Last edited:

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NFL lucky fantasy took off cuz without it viewership would be even lower. Speaking of fantasy nothing more cringe than 30+ year old men talking about fantasy sports on a Monday morning
You could apply this to sports in general.