Early-season ratings decline continues for NFL (Update: Ratings plummeting((officially in free fall)

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I been watching football since I was in the 1st grade. but the bears haven't won the superbowl in over 30 years, and they are probably the WORST I have ever seen them in my life. which really leads me to not wanting to watch football when my team is piss poor and cannot even compete.

add to the fact that if I'm watching football, the amount of commercials is literally mindblowing. on top of that, they have advertising in the pre/postgame and halftime shows within the show itself. I mean the commercial breaks sandwiched after a score, PAT, and kick off are literally a slap in the face of the consumer. you're asking me to sit thru like 15 minutes of bullshyt for 2 mintues of content????? :ucku:
the fukking arrogance of the NFL to be pulling this stunt in the era of folks having more entertainment options than ever before. usually, I just watch the redzone after a score because I know the game isn't gonna be back on for a good 10 minutes or so. and I'm not sitting thru all those damn ads.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
TNF should be discontinued next season. Focus more on making MNF matter. Let players celebrate. Get rid of some of these stupid flags. And they need to do something about the pace of the game. Too many commercials.

Nothing gonna happen with the commercials. The amount of money networks are having to spend to pay their NFL TV contracts is too high

I'm glad someone mentioned the commercials. that alone is driving me away from the game.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm glad someone mentioned the commercials. that alone is driving me away from the game.

The pacing is just so meh.

If they can't cut commercials due to financial reasons, what about changing the time between snaps? Give teams less time to huddle/set/etc. Cutting ten seconds might be too much but I'd love that. I'd settle for cutting 5 seconds. It would help the flow of the game and put more focus on good strategy. Good QB play and good coaching/time management would be more important. Right now offense has so many advantages, this could help even things to a degree.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I been watching football since I was in the 1st grade. but the bears haven't won the superbowl in over 30 years, and they are probably the WORST I have ever seen them in my life. which really leads me to not wanting to watch football when my team is piss poor and cannot even compete.

add to the fact that if I'm watching football, the amount of commercials is literally mindblowing. on top of that, they have advertising in the pre/postgame and halftime shows within the show itself. I mean the commercial breaks sandwiched after a score, PAT, and kick off are literally a slap in the face of the consumer. you're asking me to sit thru like 15 minutes of bullshyt for 2 mintues of content????? :ucku:
the fukking arrogance of the NFL to be pulling this stunt in the era of folks having more entertainment options than ever before. usually, I just watch the redzone after a score because I know the game isn't gonna be back on for a good 10 minutes or so. and I'm not sitting thru all those damn ads.

As Brit, the adverts are literally the worst thing about football.

In "other" football, we play 45 mins for the 2 halves and 15 mins break in between. That is the only time adverts are shown. Most of the 15 mins are analysis though, like 10 mins overall.

But the WORST thing I noticed about US football, was a tonne of adverts after the PAT, then back to the game for a kick off (10 seconds at most), then ANOTHER large set of adverts :skip:

There are certain things I agree with in the NFL, but I think the advertisement breaks are way too much to get casual international (European mainly) viewers heavily into it

Daps

If they can't cut commercials due to financial reasons, what about changing the time between snaps? Give teams less time to huddle/set/etc. Cutting ten seconds might be too much but I'd love that. I'd settle for cutting 5 seconds. It would help the flow of the game and put more focus on good strategy. Good QB play and good coaching/time management would be more important. Right now offense has so many advantages, this could help even things to a degree.

Honestly, one of the better ideas i`ve seen someone mention.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

Been meaning to make a thread on that. Cut out some dead time. Pick it up a little bit.
Should have a 25 second clock at all times. Soon as it's spotted run the clock. Gives more possessions and more action.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
All the NFL haters :umad: I haven't watched a fuller non Broncos game this season. And my team just won the bowl last season so I'm not as interested as year before :banderas: when u reach the top of the mountain u lose motivation.

Once my life settle down I'll be bike tho, :banderas: new house, new city, new job.