Early-season ratings decline continues for NFL (Update: Ratings plummeting((officially in free fall)

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
Nothing gonna happen with the commercials. The amount of money networks are having to spend to pay their NFL TV contracts is too high

3telm5.jpg

DeshaunWatson

Rookie
Daps
Thursday Night Football is bullshyt.

You talk player safety but make teams play 96 hours after a previous 3 hour game.

Sometimes making teams travel 1000 miles.

If you give a team a TH night game, give them a bye the week before. It's only right.

But Frauddell ain't about whats right for the players.

College football ratings are steady......but the NFL is tanking. Hope these :duck: owners turn the heat up on his ass :camby:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
The game of football can either be extremely boring or somewhat exciting.....college football reigns simply because of the crowd the band and kids, nfl just cannot create that type of hype for live television broadcasts.

So u add in goodell choking all the life out of the game (td celebrations, white qb stat quo, ridiculous penalty situations and literally standing by and supporting horrible officiating), u can basically put this product in a coffin. Not to mention the oversaturation....you got everyday weekday nfl live, sunday morning shows, snf mnf shows, every espn show marqueeing it as subject matter....it's way over exposed.

Commercials every five minutes, offensive coordinators calling plays over and over to achieve 2 yards....no kickoff returns anymore....oh yea and CTE lurking in the shadows like Michael Meyers looking for the next victim. Did I mention the clear race bias on every level, from c00ning out minority talent to selected performers always only being country rock or pop......oh and not one Hispanic Asian or black owner.....

Yea....this is slow death without radical change:francis:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
The game of football can either be extremely boring or somewhat exciting.....college football reigns simply because of the crowd the band and kids, nfl just cannot create that type of hype for live television broadcasts.

So u add in goodell choking all the life out of the game (td celebrations, white qb stat quo, ridiculous penalty situations and literally standing by and supporting horrible officiating), u can basically put this product in a coffin. Not to mention the oversaturation....you got everyday weekday nfl live, sunday morning shows, snf mnf shows, every espn show marqueeing it as subject matter....it's way over exposed.

Commercials every five minutes, offensive coordinators calling plays over and over to achieve 2 yards....no kickoff returns anymore....oh yea and CTE lurking in the shadows like Michael Meyers looking for the next victim. Did I mention the clear race bias on every level, from c00ning out minority talent to selected performers always only being country rock or pop......oh and not one Hispanic Asian or black owner.....

Yea....this is slow death without radical change:francis:

Lets keep it even more honest.....football is hunks of uninteresting footage interspersed with pockets of excitement

And because of the way footage is shown....many of the interesting defensive battles dont even show most of the time

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Lets keep it even more honest.....football is hunks of uninteresting footage interspersed with pockets of excitement

And because of the way footage is shown....many of the interesting defensive battles dont even show most of the time
Yea, I always laugh my azz off when I here someone say "ah man the fun and action is in the trenches(o-line/d-line, mike ghollic)....like yea, I'm sure it is, but catchin that shyt is like sighting santa clause real life, ain't happening. Unless it's a sack, it looks like two large individuals holding each other up:beli:(most of my entertainment from NFL comes through instant replay, that ain't good, nba/mlb play is entertaining with or without) ....they never show wider recievers and cb's on routes....like wtf, y'all can't implement split screen technology already. Nope it's just QB QB QB on camera.....they need to adjust somehow, at least to guarantee all action is shown.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The problem is that the Monday and Thursday night games are horrible. Hell games overall are awful. These old stuffy owners sucking all the fun out of the game with these wack rule changes. They can't even agree on what's a catch and the amount of penalties screeches games to a halt. No personality at all to the point its no fun even watching these shyts. I've barely watched any games myself this year.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

While that's true that since the cap it's been watered down the last 25 years I think it's gotten even worse the past few with rules even more catered to offenses and players less prepared then ever coming out of college in spread offenses

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I remember back in the 90s and early 2ks, waking up Sunday morning, watching Sunday countdown. That shyt was exciting. I hardly watch any pre game coverage. Too much saturation. I love football regardless, it might be in a slump but it's still more engaging than most other sports.
dont think ive watched MNF or TNF since maybe early last year and thats probably it since the games they chose to schedule are complete dumpster fire

sundays are still enjoying but lately ill watch my games and then keep it moving.

I think the reason theNBA has more engagement because there's always the drama and storylines with players and franchises that gets more attention that the NFL lacks

Daps
I honestly think it's a number of things, but i can see it losing some ground.

- Head injuries
- Lack of stars (pushing guys like JJ Watt, who is a boring and corny motherfukker in general)
- Too many rules on the field.
- Injury issues becoming more prevalent.
- Bad public image of Roget Goodell.
- The extreme focus on offensive production
- Too many hopeless teams year in and year out