Early-season ratings decline continues for NFL (Update: Ratings plummeting((officially in free fall)

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
dont think ive watched MNF or TNF since maybe early last year and thats probably it since the games they chose to schedule are complete dumpster fire

sundays are still enjoying but lately ill watch my games and then keep it moving.

I think the reason theNBA has more engagement because there's always the drama and storylines with players and franchises that gets more attention that the NFL lacks
Maybe, I just have no interest in the nba until playoff time, and if I do watch them it's theusually only the 4th quarter.

But I feel ya on mnf, I find myself not caring whose playing, I rather watch something else or flip back, check the score, if its close I'll peep it. They need to really look into making these prime time matches interesting somehow.

Daps
Maybe, I just have no interest in the nba until playoff time, and if I do watch them it's theusually only the 4th quarter.

But I feel ya on mnf, I find myself not caring whose playing, I rather watch something else or flip back, check the score, if its close I'll peep it. They need to really look into making these prime time matches interesting somehow.

I used to watch damn near every game, ever since getting married and having a family i just can't watch as much.

Really, them MNF games don't intrigue me much, but i wonder if that is being accounted for.Like a generation of viewers aging into other life activities, and the younger generation not being as into the game.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

its weird because like...its primetime

if you got a game like the jets vs cardinals put that shyt in the early afternoon on sunday during low coverage :dahell:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I honestly think it's a number of things, but i can see it losing some ground.

- Head injuries
- Lack of stars (pushing guys like JJ Watt, who is a boring and corny motherfukker in general)
- Too many rules on the field.
- Injury issues becoming more prevalent.
- Bad public image of Roget Goodell.
- The extreme focus on offensive production
- Too many hopeless teams year in and year out[/QUOTE]

plus the fact that too many stars that play on such shyt ass teams, so people dont wanna watch a QB drop 300+ yards every week and constantly losing games

this year the AFC really fukkin plummeted and it creates less games people would want to watch since people can assume it would be a loss anyway

Daps
plus the fact that too many stars that play on such shyt ass teams, so people dont wanna watch a QB drop 300+ yards every week and constantly losing games

this year the AFC really fukkin plummeted and it creates less games people would want to watch since people can assume it would be a loss anyway

Yeah, the fantasy football fascination been a problem too. I don't know if they calculate for that, A big part of the audience doesn't care about results, wins, losses, rivalries and standings. They're just flipping to watch Julio Jones in the redzone

The stat padding league that over-emphasizes offensive production has mad it more difficult to watch a game you're not invested in.

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its weird because like...its primetime

if you got a game like the jets vs cardinals put that shyt in the early afternoon on sunday during low coverage :dahell:
A couple years ago, even games between 2 bad teams would have decent ratings... NFL ratings have peaked outside the SuperBowl.
But it's funny seeing cacs try to blame Kaep for this:mjlol:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I am a football head....and I have no interest in most of these "marquee" match ups because they're more often

Not marquee
and
too often presented as such (MNF, TNF, SNF)

It's too much.

goodell forgot that less sometimes means more.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am a football head....and I have no interest in most of these "marquee" match ups because they're more often

Not marquee
and

It's too much.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
A couple years ago, even games between 2 bad teams would have decent ratings... NFL ratings have peaked outside the SuperBowl.
But it's funny seeing cacs try to blame Kaep for this:mjlol:
Kaep aint do nun :mjlol:

its just the fact of the quality of the league in performance dropped a bit

typo: Fitzpatrick started 6 weeks and threw 11 INTs :mjlol:
cowboys have a great start yet wanted to put a 36 year old back prone QB in to start again :mjlol:
Cam Newton and a team that only lost one game last year now only have 1 win :mjlol:
NFC South :russ: :russ:
AFC in general, espcially the North :scusthov:

all this and teams that have sucked for years, continue to keep sucking which decreases audiences cause people get tired of seeing Ls every sunday

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Kaep aint do nun :mjlol:

its just the fact of the quality of the league in performance dropped a bit

Fitzgerald started 6 weeks and threw 11 INTs :mjlol:
cowboys have a great start yet wanted to put a 36 year old back prone QB in to start again :mjlol:
Cam Newton and a team that only lost one game last year now only have 1 win :mjlol:
NFC South :russ: :russ:
AFC in general, espcially the North :scusthov:

all this and teams that have sucked for years, continue to keep sucking which decreases audiences cause people get tired of seeing Ls every sunday
I have NO genuine curiosity for most of these nationally televised games.
Goodell has ruined the product with his greed.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs

Not marquee
and

It's too much.

Plus people gotta get up for work in the morning kickoff should be at 8:05pm who wants to stay up lat watching 2 trash teams.