Early-season ratings decline continues for NFL (Update: Ratings plummeting((officially in free fall)

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
if colin kaepernick were responsible for the ratings drop, that would make him more powerful than goodell, and every owner/personnel member of every team in the league.

colin kaepernick doesn't even have enough power to start for a team he led to the super bowl. he might not even be on the 49ers if chip didnt think he could still get his career back on track.

if they actually pin this on him, they're dumber than i thought.
Yup. Rednecks are going to want to claim responsibility for boycotting. But they can't do that without empowering Kaep and the other protestors :hula:

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
They put Bears on primetime twice, that Steelers/Chiefs game was awful...the games just aren't that good man...it's all about matchups and good games...shyt been awful and u have Buc/Panthers on Monday Night smh....that Giants/Packers game going be great and do.great tho...cause its Arod/Eli, NY and Green Bay and ODB controversy... Its all about having good games man
shut yo hoe ass up

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
They put Bears on primetime twice, that Steelers/Chiefs game was awful...the games just aren't that good man...it's all about matchups and good games...shyt been awful and u have Buc/Panthers on Monday Night smh....that Giants/Packers game going be great and do.great tho...cause its Arod/Eli, NY and Green Bay and ODB controversy... Its all about having good games man
Thing is, NFL didn't have to have good/great matchups in the past to get astronomical ratings. They'd kill with Jacksonville and Kansas City on a Monday Night.

paidNfull

Live By It, Die By It
Daps
Reppin
LouI$I@n@
Thing is, NFL didn't have to have good/great matchups in the past to get astronomical ratings. They'd kill with Jacksonville and Kansas City on a Monday Night.
But the games was probably decent...people don't care about the teams in big cities...if they aren't good...they arent good...like they had no clue Cutler would play like that? After a while u should have an idea

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's kinda funny how all these media guys say how much the early season doesn't matter.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Thursday Night Football was the worse decision ever. Its like putting more water into an already perfect glass of kool-aid
Naw Thursday games are cool it's just that all the matchups are horrible and the game ends up being terrible and boring

Like tonight we got Blaine Gabbert vs Drew Stanton :beli:

Also taking the Ravens off primetime this season was a huge mistake

The Ravens rarely play in blowouts and win or lose all our games are entertaining as hell and usually comes diwn to the last drive

Now we got teams like the Bears who have already had 2 primetime games this year :scust:

The boring ass Cardinals in another primetime game :scust:

The Vikings :scust:

All these boring ass teams who should be playing at 1pm on Sundays getting primetime games :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I'm a casual fan of the NFL, I'm more of a CFB and NBA/hoops fan...so from my perspective these early season match-ups don't mean much...

I do not have a team I follow die hard, I do not play FF, have zero interest in watching random match ups like Bills vs. Dolphins or something like that, and the games don't gain as much meaning until the middle-end of the season when the contenders stand out...

From what I've paid attention to, the Primetime match ups have been lackluster too.