EARLY BUZZ: 'Dawn of The Planet Of The Apes'..."BRILLIANT"..."MASTERPIECE"..."NEXT LEVEL"

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
My girl is out of town and I promised I would wait until she comes back on Saturday so we can see it together....

But I just looked up movie times and it plays tomorrow night at 10 right down the street from where I'm staying. I don't know if I can hold out for two more days knowing that it's playing less than a mile from me

:sadcam:

I've literally been looking forward to this movie for 3 years, brehs. That's a long time. There's a 50/50 chance I'm gonna see it without her and just lie about it.

Edit: I try not to get caught up in RT ratings but that 98% is telling me I need to be in that theater asap.

There's only one thing to do, breh.

Lie.

Go see it and when she comes back just be like "Yeah...yeah I waited till you got back to see it. :mjpls:" You'll get to see the movie twice. :manny:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It has been a surprising good Summer of movies this year...outside of Transformers and Spider-Man, flicks like X-men, Edge of Tomorrow, 22 Jump Street, Neighbors (fukk it, shyt was funny to me) and now Planet of the Apes have been pleasant surprises...I can't remember a summer with this many decent to good movies
i really enjoyed the summer of 02. .my favorite summer ever

Minority report
Spider man
The Bourne Identity
Signs
Road to Perdition
Insomnia

and even Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and Austin Powers Goldmember and Undercover Brother and XXX entertained my then teenage self

Last edited:

nasty

Stunts, Blunts and HipHop
Supporter
Daps
i remember 2003 being the most hype year ever for movies,

Kill Bill, X2, Matrix 2 and 3, Hulk, Lord of the Rings, Terminator 3, Bad Boys 2, Daredevil, Bruce Almighty, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Finding Nemo, Freddy vs Jason

in 2003 every single one of these moves were hype, you can't tell me reading that on paper that that didn't make you wanna start whylin out?

most of the movies didnt live up to the hype but still on paper that has to be the most stacked year.

1999 was the best year of all time in movies since i was born.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
i really enjoyed the summer of 02. .my favorite summer ever

Minority report
Spider man
The Bourne Identity
Signs
Road to Perdition
Insomnia

and even attack of the clones and austin powers goldmember and undercover brother and XXX entertained my then teenage self

That's a good point...back then I was in high school and wasn't as deep into film as I am now, so films like road to Perdition and Insomnia didn't resonate with me until much later...but that summer I do remember going to the movies all the time for the blockbusters

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
That's a good point...back then I was in high school and wasn't as deep into film as I am now, so films like road to Perdition and Insomnia didn't resonate with me until much later...but that summer I do remember going to the movies all the time for the blockbusters
i was in high school too but i was always kind of a film nerd. I saw all those movies in theatres.

Hell most dudes were partying and getting ass..i was coppin DVDs of Ben Hur and Lawrence of Arabia :heh: :to:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
i was in high school too but i was always kind of a film nerd. I saw all those movies in theatres.

Hell most dudes were partying and getting ass..i was coppin DVDs of Ben Hur and Lawrence of Arabia :heh: :to:

I was always a film buff, but it was majority horror...I didn't get into really watching classics and analyzing film until my second year of college, and that's when my collection started...now I'm at over 600 blu rays/dvds and counting of all genres, stretching over 100 years of film

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I was always a film buff, but it was majority horror...I didn't get into really watching classics and analyzing film until my second year of college, and that's when my collection started...now I'm at over 600 blu rays/dvds and counting of all genres, stretching over 100 years of film
jesus christ breh.. thats twice the amount @HHR has :heh:

you brehs have influenced me to start collecting a bit.. i just made a few bluray purchased this week and have a few more to make on my wishlist

i just don't want to get too deep into it like i was in the early 00s with DVDs and then feel like an ass again when something better comes along and then i have to purchase my favorite movies for the 4th time

plus the select blurays i've copped the past few years i havent watched one since like 2010 they just collect dust..

i'll maybe peep features

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
jesus christ breh.. thats twice the amount @HHR has :heh:

you brehs have influenced me to start collecting a bit.. i just made a few bluray purchased this week and have a few more to make on my wishlist

i just don't want to get too deep into it like i was in the early 00s with DVDs and then feel like an ass again when something better comes along and then i have to purchase my favorite movies for the 4th time

plus the select blurays i've copped the past few years i havent watched one since like 2010 they just collect dust..

i'll maybe peep features

Been collecting now for 13 years, so collection has grown...FiIm is the one thing I spend money on like that; Only problem is I'm trying to find a new media storage unit that is nice and sturdy to hold all these films

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got back from seeing this...

King Caesar...:wow: KING MUTHAFUCCKIN' CAESAR! :blessed:

I will not spoil anything to y'all, but those trailers misled you. This movie isn't going to turn out to be what you presume it would be, yet still it is UTTER GREATNESS displayed on screen.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn, cant wait to see this tomorrow, im curious to see how the movie is different from the trailers