EARLY BUZZ: 'Dawn of The Planet Of The Apes'..."BRILLIANT"..."MASTERPIECE"..."NEXT LEVEL"

flipn50

Pro
Daps
just saw the movie, I say it's better than Raid 2 as far as storyline goes. This movie have the most action out of all the planet of the ape movies imo

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
that one guy who was hating on the apes, blaming them for a virus humans created:dwillhuh:...then starts going in on everyone and their family situation:what:....when he says "oh so now I'm the jerk." Yes mutherfukker:dahell:

:dead:

I didn't get that bit of dialogue either

Carver: It was called the simian flu!! :damn:

Keri Russell: Yeah but they literally didn't have anything to do with it :dahell: Humans created the virus strain in a lab and tested it on the chimps :dahell:

Carter: That doesn't matter....

Everyone: :what:

Carver: oh so I'm the a$$hole?!

Besides that, I absolutely loved this film. It touched on so many things, most salient being that life and the world isn't so black and white as people wish it or as its so commonly portrayed.

All the characters, the apes and the humans were well rounded and well fleshed out and the film delves into each character to display their weaknesses, their fears, and their similarities. I enjoyed seeing the parallels between the main ape characters and the humans and the the film went to lengths to cultivate sympathy for all the characters which never felt cheap or unearned. And that's why it's decidedly more satisfying than other summer blockbusters.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
really? i just assumed the apes take over, i guess they have to leave the franchise open for another movie

:ohhh:

Yea, the trailers truly was crafty in misleading what you going to presume this film going to be about. And yes, it DOES leave it WIDE open for the next film to follow.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Just got back.....I'm not easily impressed much anymore but I was very satisfied and captivated by this flick.

The action scenes are :blessed: the assault on the humans was dope as fukk. The camera work in this movie is done very well and very unique at times.

And the movie moves from scene to scene very fluently without a lot of lag time. Not a lot of explaining, no romance subplot (thank god)...The wheels of this movie just keep moving, not a lot of dialogue on the human side.

All the ape scenes are done with awesome detail. The whole movie was pretty much all apes. I was surprised how little the human characters were involved. This flick is pure ape.

After first viewing I give it 9/10. Best summer movie in a looooong time for me. Dark and action packed. Dope fukking movie.

:feedme: I didnt want it to end...