EARLY BUZZ: 'Dawn of The Planet Of The Apes'..."BRILLIANT"..."MASTERPIECE"..."NEXT LEVEL"

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Lol they basically just said "ok so just be the exact same guy you were in Walking Dead, except apes instead of zombies. And...action!"

He's gonna make a career out of playing hotheaded a$$holes. Just has that look. :manny:
yep.. i kinda liked him in fringe back in the day.

then he just turned :camby:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just out of curiosity has anyone of actual authority gone on record yet about this franchise functioning as a lead up to the original movie?

Cause I don't see why they have to be related. I mean yea it's common knowledge NOW and it's probably one of the most well known twists in history but going in you're not supposed to know that the planet of the apes is earth.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just out of curiosity has anyone of actual authority gone on record yet about this franchise functioning as a lead up to the original movie?

Cause I don't see why they have to be related. I mean yea it's common knowledge NOW and it's probably one of the most well known twists in history but going in you're not supposed to know that the planet of the apes is earth.

Idk even when I was a kid seeing you the OG series I always knew it was eartty, even the OG series is not in a sequential order earth actually gets destroyed in the second movie.

I think since they already teased it the third movie in this series is still going to have humans probably and be semi similar to this one in plot, but I think we will see a more more bigger and organized ape society
Now if they go on to a fourth movie :lupe:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Idk even when I was a kid seeing you the OG series I always knew it was eartty, even the OG series is not in a sequential order earth actually gets destroyed in the second movie.

I think since they already teased it the third movie in this series is still going to have humans probably and be semi similar to this one in plot, but I think we will see a more more bigger and organized ape society
Now if they go on to a fourth movie :lupe:
:ohhh: Gots me thinking about the Tim Burton apes...now if the apes take over the cities now and learn to power up everything and start society again as apes being the new dominant species they could very well carry on society as if humans never left :mjlol:

But fo reals tho..the twist ending to Burtons apes could be a reality . :wow:

:blessed::sas2:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just saw it let around 3am....

Visually it was beautiful, heartbreaking and WOW... The CGI was incredible I mean I cant believe andy serkis be killing it with that animatronic shyt on his face he should be getting paid what the big actors make alone for him being so emotive and convincing...

I was just mad at one thing... fukking Koba... fukking animal.... :pacspit::mjlol:

Great movie... 9.5 /10 in my book. Trust me I thought it wouldn't be as good as the first one, but this movie was on point succeeds more than the first and goes over it.

I was 100% on the Koba bandwagon up until....

He shot Ceasar,that had me like:patrice:....But after I thought about it I decided Ceasar was a fukk nikka who thought he was so much smarter than the rest of the apes but felt inferior to the humans:mjpls:,how you let ol boy pull a gun on ya wife and swing on ya baby but you don't do shyt,but Koba basically come to warn you and calls you a c00n and you damn near kill em....So I said to myself "I could get used to Koba in charge:myman:".....I was in full support of the movement....then he had to go and throw Ash off that roof and I had to fall back like "this boy crazy:whoa:"

But Koba definitely made the movie,easily the most memorable character....horseback on his "Say hello to my lil friend!" shyt:banderas:...I kept waiting for the son to step up and do something but he never did,i would've been perfectly fine with Ceasar dying in this movie had they set up his son like it looked like they were going to do:manny:

Last edited:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

I'm pretty sure I saw an interview with Reeves where he suggest that the fourth installment of this reboot would be a remake of the 1968 classic....but I can't find that article :shaq2:

But he has definitely talked about how he's telling a story that is definitely leading towards that film....

REEVES: I think there may be more story even before that to be honest with you. Its kind of an epic story, it has a big sweep, and the idea of – how do you get from Caesar and what his world is about to that world? That’s a long distance, so I think there’s a lot of- he becomes kind of a mythic character, I think, in the cannon of the story and even by the end of this film. I think that the way that future generations that come from him and all of that could be told in a way that – because what I really wanted with this film was to make sure that we didn’t get too quickly to – when I first got involved they proposed an outline that had them talking much more like they do in the later film and all this stuff was far more advanced and closer to the way things are in Planet of the Apes. And I was like, “Wait a minute, we just came from Rise and the delicious thing about Rise was watching the beginning, and I think that there’s more to that beginning. We should take a jump, but we should take the next step. We should watch as this evolution takes place.” So for that evolution to get to that place there’s a lot of story.
Read more at http://collider.com/matt-reeves-dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-interview/#A3vPiWkYasyIDjGG.99

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
Damn y'all have me hyped to go see this on Friday.

Reading through the last few pages sounds like it should definitely live up to the first one.

I just hope my nikka Caesar makes it, cause how some of you all are talking... :to:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Just got back from the AVX 3D showing, loved every minute of this. Bumped it up on my "to see" list after hearing all the positive reviews. Lots of claps from the theater as the final scene faded out.

Cinematography was A+. Over-the-shoulder camera work when Koba was on the tank was nothing short of incredible. The tension build up was great and movie was just gripping start to end.

Also liked the scene where the humans are waiting for the Apes to show through the fog, but then they fade in, opening fire. :damn:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I was 100% on the Koba bandwagon up until....

He shot Ceasar,that had me like:patrice:....But after I thought about it I decided Ceasar was a fukk nikka who thought he was so much smarter than the rest of the apes but felt inferior to the humans:mjpls:,how you let ol boy pull a gun on ya wife and swing on ya baby but you don't do shyt,but Koba basically come to warn you and calls you a c00n and you damn near kill em....So I said to myself "I could get used to Koba in charge:myman:".....I was in full support of the movement....then he had to go and throw Ash off that roof and I had to fall back like "this boy crazy:whoa:"

But Koba definitely made the movie,easily the most memorable character....horseback on his "Say hello to my lil friend!" shyt:banderas:...I kept waiting for the son to step up and do something but he never did,i would've been perfectly fine with Ceasar dying in this movie had they set up his son like it looked like they were going to do:manny:
Watch your fukkin mouth when talking about Cesar the God, breh :birdman: