EARLY BUZZ: 'Dawn of The Planet Of The Apes'..."BRILLIANT"..."MASTERPIECE"..."NEXT LEVEL"

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
In turn, CAESAR was the 1st heroic character that I was just in awe from beginning to end for a long time in theaters. Not since the impeccable swagger Tony Stark had in the first Iron Man had a heroic character left me fully awestruck.

Yeah I feel that one , the cgi and the acting just made me look at Caesar with the :krs: face the whole time. Even as I rewatch the first one right now.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Perhaps the biggest a$$hole I ever seen in a movie

Watched the first earlier, completely forgot at some points and my dude Caesar was already punking Koba when it came to humans:russ:

They really gotta award these movies off cgi alone, It a some special shyt to me how they get these Apes so life like just amazing:wow:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Watched the first earlier, completely forgot at some points and my dude Caesar was already punking Koba when it came to humans:russ:

They really gotta award these movies off cgi alone, It a some special shyt to me how they get these Apes so life like just amazing:wow:
Caesar showed more emotion than the lead human male (forgot his name already smh)

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Caesar has a completely dominating screen presence, Serkis hopefully will get some type of nomination for the role.

They won't unless they made changes to their Academy award format. Serkis won't get nominated because he is a CG character. The academy doesn't recognize computer generated characters and don't consider them actors. I remember the first movie this came up as well same thing happened. WETA might win the special efx award though.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
They won't unless they made changes to their Academy award format. Serkis won't get nominated because he is a CG character. The academy doesn't recognize computer generated characters and don't consider them actors. I remember the first movie this came up as well same thing happened. WETA might win the special efx award though.

That makes me feel some type of way:to: :sadbron:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
just came back from watching it :blessed:

Koba snaking the gawd:wow:, that camerawork during the first tower battle :ohlawd:

this was brilliant, can read the whole thread now
eating%20good.gif

Last edited:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Just came back from seeing this and i was really let down... Film was pretty boring and i liked the previous film so i thought this would be flames but i shouldve just waited to DL this one..

I want my $12.00 back

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Just came back from seeing it....great summer movie. Caesar with the best performance for a main char in a min. When's the last time u were rooting for a hero like this? Humans were a little bland which is the only noticeable criticism I have. Its all about the apes here :blessed:

Low key its been a great year for blockbusters even if the box office doesnt show it. Lots of big budget movies putting effort into story and acting and it shows. Hard to pick between this, dofp and cap 2. I just hope we keep eating well :whoo: