EARLY BUZZ: 'Dawn of The Planet Of The Apes'..."BRILLIANT"..."MASTERPIECE"..."NEXT LEVEL"

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really good movie, i wished we could've seen the apes fight H2H with the humans and wash em instead of getting the straps, they're agile enough to dodge bullets and be able to get close to them. They were 2 smart hell even smarter than the humans.

Kola = Scar
Ceaser = Mufassa
Blue Eyes = Simba

Plus it had that MSG element as well when Kola and Ceaser fought at the end. Reminded me of Snake fighting Liquid(ocelot) in CQC on that ship at the end of MSG4

Koba = Marcus Brutus
Caesar = Julius Caesar
Blue Eyes = Mark Antony

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was piff, though I was slightly disappointed with the ending. I was expecting the apes to be on the verge of running the planet by the end of the movie, yet they are now weaker after losing half their population

Stop and think about what you are saying. Even though Caesar colony in particular lost significant apes in his clan, lets not ignore the fact that MAN itself was in full virtual extinction. Also, you have to put this in consideration that if the SIMIAN FLU is airborne and highly contagious and spread across every inch of the planet within TEN YEARS, imagine how that SAME virus was affect APES abroad. The APES virtually already RULED the planet from the start.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good flick saw it yesterday in IMAX. Question about the ending

what did his eyes changing at the end mean? Becoming more human like?

I don't think his eyes were changing, he always had those unique set of eye color due to his mother. But it DID bookend the film, because it started off with a close up with his eyes... war ready, and concluded with those same eyes... war weary.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: Movie was filled with so much emotion. The did a great job of showing how the apes evolved and truly captured the human elements to them. To the point that when the humans showed up I was like :pacspit:

It also showed how primitive humans are. Their inability to adapt and lack of unity. No purpose and easily led astray. Koba had the right idea in that Humanity can't be trusted. The less advanced civilization will always fall prey.

Koba did have the right idea. War was going to come regardless. The apes played the indigenous peoples and the humans were the Europens coming to America under the guise of peace only to turn around and slaughter the indigenous people when they got on their feet. It's good that caesar realized war was inevitable and is tooling up.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Just a quick question. Are we supposed to assume the Apes are growing smarter as they age. As in the longer they live the more their brains develop? I'm assuming Ceasar will always be the smartest of the intial apes as he was born with it . But will Caesars offspring also hold that advantage over their generation?

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Really good movie, i wished we could've seen the apes fight H2H with the humans and wash em instead of getting the straps, they're agile enough to dodge bullets and be able to get close to them. They were 2 smart hell even smarter than the humans.

Kola = Scar
Ceaser = Mufassa
Blue Eyes = Simba

Plus it had that MSG element as well when Kola and Ceaser fought at the end. Reminded me of Snake fighting Liquid(ocelot) in CQC on that ship at the end of MSG4

i was gonna say that the ape relationship was just like Lion King. Koba was a sick mothafukka. When he dragged the ape up the stairs and tossed him over the balcony. shyt was harder to watch than when he shot Ceasar. And he got those real snake like mannerisms when he spoke too, wit the way his mouth looked and moved too. The animators did a real good job..

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I had high expectations for this and the film met all of them, if not exceeded.

The trailers gave the impression that the shyt was gonna be one-sided with humans being basically faceless a$$holes. The way it was handled was so much better. All the characters both ape and human were handled and developed surprisingly well in a movie only a little over 2 hours long. You could really see all sides and almost everyone was simply doing what they had to do to survive from their perspective.

Ceasar is such a great character, man :banderas: The effects were some of the best Ive ever seen and Andy Serkis needs to be nominated for a BEST ACTING oscar.

And how about Matt mothafukkin Reeves, yall. Suddenly one of my favorite young directors. Each of his three feature films (Cloverfield, Let Me In, DOTPOTA) has been quality entertainment and each is markedly better than the previous one. Dude stepped in and improved grealy IMO on an already very good first movie. Speaking of which I put this in top 10 sequels of all time.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I legit hated Kirk Acevedo's character.. matter of fact he's been a dikk in every recent thing he's been in.
Lol they basically just said "ok so just be the exact same guy you were in Walking Dead, except apes instead of zombies. And...action!"

He's gonna make a career out of playing hotheaded a$$holes. Just has that look. :manny: