EARLY BUZZ: 'Dawn of The Planet Of The Apes'..."BRILLIANT"..."MASTERPIECE"..."NEXT LEVEL"

Made Man

All Star
Daps
I think it'll be his brother, the newborn. Blue Eyes act like he ain't about that life. I predict the struggle in the 3rd installment is the conflict between those two over who would be Caesar's successor
I heard it was supposed to fast forward into the future....like when the apes are completely running shyt. Like the film that came out in 2001.:manny: prolly just a rumor though.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Incredible.

First 20 minutes I was sittin' there like :patrice:, questioning the hype..........

....but as soon as Koba found the humans at the armory and Caesar found that shotty....:whew:

It didn't miss a step the rest of the way.

Two minor issues:
Did no one notice the two cats Koba clapped up with their own gun?

I wasn't a fan of the score, particularly in the first act....and even more specifically, the xylophones :yeshrug:

But those are incredibly minor.....movie was remarkable.

9/10

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Incredible.

First 20 minutes I was sittin' there like :patrice:, questioning the hype..........

....but as soon as Koba found the humans at the armory and Caesar found that shotty....:whew:

Two minor issues:

I wasn't a fan of the score, particularly in the first act....and even more specifically, the xylophones :yeshrug:

9/10
I agree with your analysis except I was into the movie big time from the opening scene.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
Incredible.

Two minor issues:

9/10
i did , i was ctfu at him dumbing it down then letting em have it

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
am peeping tomorrow.

my boys using his gift cards to cop our tickets since he bytched out on my free screening i had on tuesday

will be back with my review tomorrow night

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just got back from it.

:whew:

I would say this dethroned Cap 2 as the best film of the summer.

Definitely put it on the same pedestal as the first one.

When Caeser saw the footage of him and James Franco I can't lie I was fightin back tears. :to:

Just overall a really great movie.

Last edited:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Damn y'all have me hype. Probably catch it at a matinee viewing and I know it's going to be fire :banderas:

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Saw it tonight. Great movie. Had all the right emotional elements and made you care about the characters. The opening scenes are amazing and the way Caesar and the apes communicate is pretty mind blowing. Go see this. You definitely won't be disappointed.

killacal

Banned
Daps
I didn't mean did the AUDIENCE notice breh :dead: I mean, how did none of the other humans notice
what about the first click of humans to go work on the generators and they bring one of the guys who shot one of the monkeys :dead:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I saw this earlier. Fell asleep off & on for about 20 mins....but woke up right when Koba/Caesar beef got serious.

Good movie overall.

I felt the acting by the humans was cheesy and subpar in spots, but whatever. And I felt the message of "humans are bad" was too overt thruout the film.

Was glad to see Keri Russell in something tho :manny:

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
Shes aged like e mf tho and I think shes much younger than me. I like her in the Americans tho.
I saw this earlier. Fell asleep off & on for about 20 mins....but woke up right when Koba/Caesar beef got serious.

Good movie overall.

I felt the acting by the humans was cheesy and subpar in spots, but whatever. And I felt the message of "humans are bad" was too overt thruout the film.

Was glad to see Keri Russell in something tho :manny: