EA SPORTS UFC

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I love sim fighting games and wanted something as close to boxing as possible but I can't get into this game at all...

The submission mechanic is annoying as fukk and the amount of strikes (punches/kicks) it takes to drop somebody makes no fukking sense...

Basically this game has the same problem Fight Night has, they're trying to please both the sim and arcade crowd by giving us elements of both play styles instead of in game options that aren't placebos...

It's also worth noting the CAF is fukking atrocious...How you go from Fight Night fully decked out creator to this limited trash? :what:
Fight Night is still a much better game though, I can't believe how much I dislike UFC. I understand that in UFC you have much more moves to learn, but it is absolutely out of control in this shyt. This game makes even MORE sense to implement the analog stick controls because of all that you need to memorize standing, on the ground, and of course in a clinch.

Game is a bit difficult, but I actually enjoy that part of it...I don't want it easy :childplease:

The biggest thing in this game is to make sure your takedown defense is A+, that is the whole game right there IMO. I successfully blocked like 10-15 takedown attempts during my first 2 matches.

Either way, I will try giving it another run next week, but if it still doesn't catch me...I only lost $10 :manny:

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
They still adding people I see Rumble is on here now. Maybe we'll get cm punk in an update :ohhh:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Fight Night is still a much better game though, I can't believe how much I dislike UFC. I understand that in UFC you have much more moves to learn, but it is absolutely out of control in this shyt. This game makes even MORE sense to implement the analog stick controls because of all that you need to memorize standing, on the ground, and of course in a clinch.

Game is a bit difficult, but I actually enjoy that part of it...I don't want it easy :childplease:

The biggest thing in this game is to make sure your takedown defense is A+, that is the whole game right there IMO. I successfully blocked like 10-15 takedown attempts during my first 2 matches.

Either way, I will try giving it another run next week, but if it still doesn't catch me...I only lost $10 :manny:

The controls are fine once you play more. I hope you arent advocating the sticks for striking. Their last game demonstrated how terrible that was

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The controls are fine once you play more. I hope you arent advocating the sticks for striking. Their last game demonstrated how terrible that was
You talking about the previous UFC or that MMA game EA released?

Either way I still believe it can get done, it can't be THAT hard to replicate how they pulled it off in Fight Night. Then use the face buttons for submissions and everything else.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
You talking about the previous UFC or that MMA game EA released?

Either way I still believe it can get done, it can't be THAT hard to replicate how they pulled it off in Fight Night. Then use the face buttons for submissions and everything else.

The last EA game. MMA striking is way to diverse and intricate then boxing

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The last EA game. MMA striking is way to diverse and intricate then boxing
It can get done, you can do so much more with a stick and the top shoulder triggers/buttons as well.

I never did get around to playing that EA MMA game though.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I been playing this since it came out, and I still suck so bad at subs....i cant get past attempting the hold, once I attempt it, dude gets out real quick. But beating the piss outta peeps in story mode is fun as hell...