EA College Football 25 is here! :blessed:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
They have a generic one. The same one is used for the Bahamas Bowl & the Fenway Bowl on the game. I haven’t went through all the stadiums yet though.

Kinda messes up immersion for me..I’m a big Hawaii fan and wanted to run a dynasty with them. On the year they finally have Polynesian names in the game for recruits, the stadium is incorrect
Their stadium along with Northwestern are high-school stadiums, while their actual stadiums are currently being built.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I haven’t played a football game in years and feel this. I love the nostalgia of college football and everything, but you can tell this is pretty bare bones.

Presentation is also really lackluster, menus etc, every game at home as the same animations/pregame package (if I see that leprechaun square up again we gonna fight :birdman:) the fans all look the same, move the same. Cheerleaders look and move the same, and the graphics are straight cheeks after the first row of fans :mjlol:

Every stadium has the same pattern on their jumbotron

Announcers keep track of yearly commentary but not year over year. If there’s a repeat champion it doesn’t matter

Field depth seems to be way off on special teams. Punt and kickoff defenders get down way faster than returners.

Animations galore and not a real physics engine that’s not unrealistic (arms and legs bending to the point where they would break)

Theres more for sure. I haven’t touched RTG so I’m sure with multiple position options that’ll be dope but otherwise the best part of the game is that there is a college option to play football :manny:
Yeah I can't lie outside of the nostalgia this shyt is pretty mid...so much of the immersion factor from the old games is gone and you still have a bunch of goofy gameplay problems to deal with.... They had years to build this and it's pretty sad considering how so much of the core of this game was alresdy in place from madden... I had some with it but I wonder how long the nostalgia will last considering the problems and redundancy issues you mentioned... Seems like this shyt is going to get old and boring fast

Ron Mexico

Superstar
Daps
No, lol.

I told them dudes at OS alot of ppl don't peruse message vg message boards and will buy this game expecting it to be like the old games, and get a rude awakening.
Facts :mjcry:

In my first dynasty UGA is 1-2 with a white 5 star CB and WR committed. :snoop:

10 years in between games and they somehow made it worse. NCAA 06 was far better than this trash.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Well I opened now. Definitely not happy about that. But just seeing the college teams breh. Its been a minute. U know u wamt to see what OU lookin like.

I do! But then I watch OU game vids on YouTube and I'm good.

My game still in the QVC cardboard envelope lol. now if I already ownd a PS5, I would have a lot less willpower to open the game and probably would have.
But I need to see a patch before I drop the coins

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
This is true on defense as well. Coastal Carolina was running the same play action all game and my SS picked it off 3 times in the same spot. I called the same Cover 3 play 3 times in a row and they still called it lol
Recruiting is super easy as well....should have a difficultly slider to make things feel more rewarding when you do have a good class

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Anyone else annoyed by the amount of white skill position players in the scouting pools? I’ve never seen more white corners from Georgia in my life…
And supposedly teenaged football players with full beards :mjlol: Hella Indians and Mexicans too

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Like just for example....the whole point of dynasty is to build up your coach and program to be the greatest right? But there's no tracking of who even has the most championchips in the NCAA from a historic perspective in this game :russ: like what the fukk are we doing here?

All you can check is what fake coaches won a chip but you don't even know at what school because that info doesn't seemed to be tracked year over year.... Neither does the heisman or any of the other awards.... EA is such a shytty company bruh lol

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

My game still in the QVC cardboard envelope lol. now if I already ownd a PS5, I would have a lot less willpower to open the game and probably would have.
They bout to come out with a PS5 pro. Idk why anyone would by a regular ps5 now

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I literally just copped an Xbox series X.

Ima be mad af if this shyt isn’t on point
:francis:

We’ll see to tomorrow/friday once I finally set this shyt up

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I can't lie outside of the nostalgia this shyt is pretty mid...so much of the immersion factor from the old games is gone and you still have a bunch of goofy gameplay problems to deal with.... They had years to build this and it's pretty sad considering how so much of the core of this game was alresdy in place from madden... I had some with it but I wonder how long the nostalgia will last considering the problems and redundancy issues you mentioned... Seems like this shyt is going to get old and boring fast

So many ways they could make it better that wouldn’t be too much work either:

Cutscenes for recruits
Recruit visit specific goals
A better “news” center for stats etc.
A Heisman presentation with 10-15 different cutscenes for accepting the trophy
A conversation menu for calling recruits

Those are small tweaks that would make dynasty 10x more immersive than just menu after menu and then a game that looks the same as the last game :francis:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I literally just copped an Xbox series X.

Ima be mad af if this shyt isn’t on point
:francis:

We’ll see to tomorrow/friday once I finally set this shyt up
EA knew this series was loved, but they didn't REALLY know how much.

Maybe they devs did, but the suits are just thinking about money.
Ppl are buying systems for this game on some GTA sht.

But EA isnt delivering the goods like they should

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I haven't bought a PS5 after 3-4 yrs.....and you want me to buy a Pro which will be even more expensive?
If u gonna buy one, buy the best one. Don't give em no money for an inferior product

And u got guap. Stop being cheap.

Or better yet, buy a cheap one on ebay

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
So many ways they could make it better that wouldn’t be too much work either:

Cutscenes for recruits
Recruit visit specific goals
A better “news” center for stats etc.
A Heisman presentation with 10-15 different cutscenes for accepting the trophy
A conversation menu for calling recruits

Those are small tweaks that would make dynasty 10x more immersive than just menu after menu and then a game that looks the same as the last game :francis:
Just even a simple static season recap page like they have in madden will help but we'll see if they do anything at all or blame it on this being "a brand new series" with the true innovation to come later lol

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Like just for example....the whole point of dynasty is to build up your coach and program to be the greatest right? But there's no tracking of who even has the most championchips in the NCAA from a historic perspective in this game :russ: like what the fukk are we doing here?

All you can check is what fake coaches won a chip but you don't even know at what school because that info doesn't seemed to be tracked year over year.... Neither does the heisman or any of the other awards.... EA is such a shytty company bruh lol
nah, they got the all time season, career, etc records across college football, conference and school. I've pretty much broken every school record minus the defensive ones which idgaf about since I only sim that shyt to begin with. The part that sucks is the game doesn't tell you about the shyt. You have to go in and find it yourself.