Dying Light [01.27.15 | PS4,X1,PC] Rated 8.3 Metacritic

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I bet alot of y'all ain't dared to venture into them Antalya Apartments during an IRL night time playthrough though. :sas2:
giphy.gif

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps

This poor soul knows about it.:mjlol:
Nah, for real. That shyt had me and three other grown ass men Shook on a Saturday night to the point where we all just dipped and went to go play Uno.:sadcam:
First time dealing with the Screamer Zombies too, which made the fright even worse.

Between your first night out at the start of the game, to clearing so many generic Quarantine zones only to realize that the Antalya apartments ain't gonna be as 'generic' as you thought.....I ain't had this much Fun in a videogame in Years. shyt's a super slept on sleeper hit.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This poor soul knows about it.:mjlol:
Nah, for real. That shyt had me and three other grown ass men Shook on a Saturday night to the point where we all just dipped and went to go play Uno.:sadcam:
First time dealing with the Screamer Zombies too, which made the fright even worse.

Between your first night out at the start of the game, to clearing so many generic Quarantine zones only to realize that the Antalya apartments ain't gonna be as 'generic' as you thought.....I ain't had this much Fun in a videogame in Years. shyt's a super slept on sleeper hit.
This game does first person horror right, you can tell they saw Dead Island and learned what not to do. The DLC for this game is another reason why I'm never deleting it from my PS4. The worst feeling is trying to make it to a safe zone at night during a storm.:damn:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
This game does first person horror right, you can tell they saw Dead Island and learned what not to do. The DLC for this game is another reason why I'm never deleting it from my PS4. The worst feeling is trying to make it to a safe zone at night during a storm.:damn:

If I'm not mistaken, Dying light is made by the same folks, so as you said, they tweaked the forumla and ironed out the kinks.

I remember the first night out when me and my squad got excited and bounded after a care package deep in the night and the demons ganged up on us.

Had a nikka screaming and tossing flares like a mother while everyone else started blasting. Barely managed to escape with a busted up buggy, but shyt was worth it.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
If I'm not mistaken, Dying light is made by the same folks, so as you said, they tweaked the forumla and ironed out the kinks.

I remember the first night out when me and my squad got excited and bounded after a care package deep in the night and the demons ganged up on us.

Had a nikka screaming and tossing flares like a mother while everyone else started blasting. Barely managed to escape with a busted up buggy, but shyt was worth it.
Yeah Techland made both games and it was smart of them to make a new game instead of making this DI2. Those care package runs are no joke and the worst feeling is when you're close to the safehouse and you can feel them breathing down your back. I'm not going to lie my ass runs as fast as I can and then try to hide out on a rooftop:russ:. Honestly this game gets a 9.5 from me because when it comes down to it I just want to have fun without all the extra bullshyt.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond

I'll never forget first playing it with the homies when it came out, that shyt was fun and scary at the same damn time. What a classic title. :gooodlawd:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dying Light Takes A Cue From PUBG And Fortnite, Adds In New Battle Royale Mode
In the three years since its release, Techland has continually been churning out content for Dying Light. In addition to a number of quality-of-life updates and tweaks to the gameplay, the open-world zombie survival game has also seen a number of new modes--including The Following DLC campaign and additional multiplayer options. And now, the developers are riding the wave of interest for battle royale with their own take on the familiar every-man-for-themselves game type. While at GDC 2018, we got to go hands-on with the upcoming DLC Bad Blood--launching later this year--which pits several players in a race against time--and the zombie hordes--to acquire enough resources and make it out of Harran alive.

In Bad Blood, six players are dropped into random locations around the map in a race to acquire enough samples from several elite infected. From the starting point, you'll have to find weapons and support items as you go. Every player starts on an even playing field as they maneuver through the streets and rooftops of the ruined city. As you take down these special zombies, you'll be able to collect samples and potentially level up your character--boosting their health, agility, and attack power. Of course, other players have similar goals, and they may find that attacking you while you're being swarmed by infected is the smart thing to do. As in traditional battle royale fashion, you only have one life to live, so you'll have to make the right choices and play smart.

While this mode may initially come off a bit gimmicky, the actual experience is surprisingly tense. Bad Blood is a constant race for resources, with the virus samples being the most valuable. In a some cases, encountering another player felt like the last thing you wanted to happen, resulting in a mad dash to evade them. The end-game portion which focuses on booking it to the helicopter is a where things get really hectic. The player with the most samples will have to reach the evac site and wait for the chopper to land, which paints a large target on their back. Only the player with the required amount of samples can make it out alive, and some players may forge quick alliances to try and take down the lead player--only for it to quickly fall apart as they scramble to scavenge the samples to make it out alive.

Battle royale has been one of the most talked about topics for the last year, with many people wondering what games would benefit from such a mode. In the case of Dying Light, it makes some rather clever choices with how it incorporated BR into its current strengths of survival and action gameplay. With Dying Light still going strong, and with the developers experimenting with adding even more players into the battle royale mix, Bad Blood looks to be a refreshing change of pace for players looking to dive back the game, which has only gotten better with age