Dying Light [01.27.15 | PS4,X1,PC] Rated 8.3 Metacritic

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just started playing this.

Its :ehh: so far. Its pretty much dead island with better graphics,more polish and parkour.

I did a little online co-op but I think Im just gonna run solo. I like more of a challenege and the couple people I ran with had amazing weapons and would just cut through all the zombies like butter and Id just be walking behind collecting shyt. Made it pretty fukking boring.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Minor complaints but ive never been a huge fan of weapon degradation though if its used well i dont mind it.

Its too excessive so far this early in the game. Got lead pipes breaking after killing like 3-4 zombies is too much.

And why can my character run at full speed jump all over the buildings everywhere doing the hardest physical activity but gets tired if you swing a wrench 4-5 times :dead: seems silly

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
Minor complaints but ive never been a huge fan of weapon degradation though if its used well i dont mind it.

Its too excessive so far this early in the game. Got lead pipes breaking after killing like 3-4 zombies is too much.

And why can my character run at full speed jump all over the buildings everywhere doing the hardest physical activity but gets tired if you swing a wrench 4-5 times :dead: seems silly
its early breh. none of that is really an issue later on

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
i need this ... cant stop playing the demo

i waited and waited and i was so hype when it first dropped but now is the time

can you keep just fukking shyt up after you beat it?

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just got to old town.

Bout 50%through the story. Ive done every single side quest so far,havent really touched the challenges though I may do a few of those once Im done the campaign.

The grapple hook really opened up the parkour and shyt is extremely fun. Old town is a blast to traverse around fukking shyt up.

The gunplay is extremely wack though. Its just amatuerish,reminds me of bad ps2 games. I was really hoping techland would have stepped it up since dead island but its just as bad now as it was then.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Just got to old town.

Bout 50%through the story. Ive done every single side quest so far,havent really touched the challenges though I may do a few of those once Im done the campaign.

The grapple hook really opened up the parkour and shyt is extremely fun. Old town is a blast to traverse around fukking shyt up.

The gunplay is extremely wack though. Its just amatuerish,reminds me of bad ps2 games. I was really hoping techland would have stepped it up since dead island but its just as bad now as it was then.
Only time I touched a gun was in certain story missions.
You asking for attention once you pop one off.
once you open up more moves there's no reason to let them off.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Only time I touched a gun was in certain story missions.
You asking for attention once you pop one off.
once you open up more moves there's no reason to let them off.
I always have full ammo with my pistol,shotgun and rifle :yeshrug: takes like 3-4 headshots to kill one of those big goons. Then you stand on top of a vehicle while you do it like a police van. Then you just use l1 to do the stomp on their head as the runners climb up kill them with ease.

I was happy they brought back the stomp function from dead island. Saves ammo and weapons degradation.

I use guns 70% of the time since ammo is cheap and traders are always fully stocked.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
I always have full ammo with my pistol,shotgun and rifle :yeshrug: takes like 3-4 headshots to kill one of those big goons. Then you stand on top of a vehicle while you do it like a police van. Then you just use l1 to do the stomp on their head as the runners climb up kill them with ease.

I was happy they brought back the stomp function from dead island. Saves ammo and weapons degradation.

I use guns 70% of the time since ammo is cheap and traders are always fully stocked.
:manny:
You'll be saving money once you upgrade everything. You won't need guns after a certain point.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Old town>>>>>>the slums

Game has picked up nicely on the second half.

Even the side quests are better.

Just finished a atory mission where you had to set up some bombs in a tower to put a face on the building so the government wouldnt bomb the area.

shyt was :banderas: so much atmosphere,best mission yet. That screaming kid zombie :damn:

And the music and sounds were :merchant:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So I finished the game.

All in all it was basically dead island 2. Except they replaced with vehicles with parkour.

So much so that I distincly noticed some reused assets and locations.

Dead island was like a 6.5/10,had some cool ideas and I enjoyed aspects but it suffered from same fetch quests and it out stayed its welcome.

The parkour was surprisingly well done,it was a blast moving around. The day/night cycle was also great,though to be honest I wish there was more missions that forced you to be out at night because the side quests that did were exhilarating.

The main story was passable at best,but even so it was step up from dead island.

However the side quests again were mostly bleh. However,once you got to old town they did improve. I liked how some of them slightly wove themself into the main story even if it usually ultimately superficial. There was these 2 guys that would always send you around fetc things for them. It didnt seem to go anywhere. Then right near the end of the game they radio you to come check what theyre doing. Which got me excited because it felt like pay off. Sadly the pay off was stupid as hell and went nowhere,literally,for the sub they built.

I didnt bother with the collectibles and shyt because thats just busy work thrown into pad play time.

As I mentioned before the gunplay was also hilarious in how poorly it was done. Felt ps2ish.

Im tired of end bosses ending in QTEs. Its so lame and tired. I did enjoy them subverting the ending from dead island in that dead island saw you visiting I think it was a doctor and he turned out to be bad. In this one you went to meet up with a doctor and the uneasy feeling you had when reaching him and hes kind of creepily talking to you on the radio made you believe something bad was going to happen. But he turned out to be good.

It also has to be mentioned how bad the faces are in this on npcs. Theyre so lifeless,with dead eyes,no facial expressions,and often times the mouths didnt even sync with the words. It also jumped around too much for me with npcs in mood. The main story was straight and all the side quests were goofy and silly gave the game this weird disjointed feeling.

Overall, Id give the game a 7/10.

It was an improvement over dead island,but not a leap forward.

I hope they take another step forward with their next game.

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli

Game is a 6.5/10 I was rushing through it the whole time. Story is generic characters generic voice acting horrible but the co-op is what made the game cool if it didn't have co op I wouldnt even bother