Dwayne The rock Johnson is done with the fast and furious series

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
These shyts so trash even Rock tossing them to the bushes :mjlol:

breh it's one of the highest grossing franchises ever. That's not hyperbole. it's top 5. Nobody is willingly walking away from that money. The Rock is the one guy in Hollywood who got enough going on who could say alright bet and not cave.. but what happens when his own shyt flops? Money always talks..

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
the franchise was falling further with each film until he joined

it wasn't. it was on an upward trajectory. Fast & Furious in '09 made $360,000,000 worldwide which would be close to $500M in today's numbers.. it'd be a top ten movie quite easily and it was growing.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Me neither, I saw a little bit of the first one but couldn't take it, I'm not into car tuning shyt and the dialogue was god awful.

For the life of me I can't understand how people love them so much. I watched the first and a little of the 2nd and I was done. They're comically bad. All the Rock does is churn out mediocre movies anyway. He's just going to go turn another franchise into straight-to-cable status.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Not true the series was successful already and Furious 7 which The Rock is barely in is one of the highest grossing movies of all time.

The movies are still makin bread with or without him
But they hyped the hell out of the Rock being in that film and it was the follow up to the movie where he was the bad guy gone good so people wanted to see what was going to happen. They are successful movies, but the Rock breathed life into them in 6.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Vin and Paul Walker were the heart of the series. The Rock added a great wrinkle to Fast Five but he was never the guy of the series.
He damn sure turned everything around in Fast 5..no one cared about no damn Tokyo Drift and forth shyt. Get real. Fast 5 was built on Rock vs Diesel.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
:francis: If we keeping it real, Rock wasn't shyt before this franchise. Movies was trash and repeatedly flopped outside of the Disney stimulus.

Off wrestling alone he was already a superstar. Kevin Hart did more for his career than the Fast series I think, this was just his only really great role.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So basically you saying he was hating cause the rock was too good
Fate of the Furious Cut Post-Credits Scene Details; Could Appear on Blu-Ray

also
.Although the movie has turned out mostly OK, with overall positive reviews, it seems that this did still have a tangible impact on the film. The Wrap reports that an ending scene between Johnson and Statham, paying off their emerging friendship across the film, was cut on Diesel's insistence when it got a particularly strong test audience reaction, leading to talk of a spinoff for Hobbs and Deckard (although one insider suggests the scene in question was only ever intended as a bonus feature for home video). Whether this was in reaction to an already present divide or tipped Johnson over the edge is presently unclear.

Another
What That Deleted Fast 8 Scene Between The Rock And Jason Statham Was About

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
breh it's one of the highest grossing franchises ever. That's not hyperbole. it's top 5. Nobody is willingly walking away from that money. The Rock is the one guy in Hollywood who got enough going on who could say alright bet and not cave.. but what happens when his own shyt flops? Money always talks..
Lol..the Rock's movies have been on top for quite some time. He has energy drinks and shoes that sell out in less than a day.

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
When it comes to million dollar franchises and star actors whose in charge is VERY much important.

I’m sure as Vin sees it he rescued the franchise from straight to video hell and i’m sure as The Rock sees it once he joined the franchise the gross revenue went up. Vin has been a producer on the series since the 4th movie so I don’t know exactly what The Rock thought he was signing up for because Producers will always have more creative control than actors. Thats why most star actors have their own production companies and the movies they sign up for are co-produced by those companies.
Just to add, the reason why lot of big time actors have their own production company is because they want to pass through their taxes to the business and avoid paying taxes on the salaries of the film or project.