Dwayne The rock Johnson is done with the fast and furious series

Daps

No ensemble cast. :unimpressed:

nikkas in here told me it was the most hyped dc movie and Rock is guaranteed numbers though.
full

I’ve been saying this. I think the Rock’s got a relatively high floor, but his best solo outing was San Andreas. Nothing else where he’s the guy has come close.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

With a global gross of $390M, a $195M production cost and a P&A spend between $80M-$100M, the Dwayne Johnson DC/New Line film is looking to net between $52M-$72M.

Black Adam repped Johnson’s biggest solo opening stateside at $67M, clearly one of the financial models that Warner Bros. had in mind when it was strategizing the P&L on this film. In a very dry fall marketplace without any tentpoles due the post-production logjam created by Covid, Black Adam was the biggest movie of the season, notching No. 1 for three weeks in a row around the world before Disney/Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever arrived.

Black-Adam-Chart.png

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Black Adam released October 21st, and as of a couple weeks ago, is already streaming

It only took 1 month for it to be streaming online

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

No ensemble cast. :unimpressed:

nikkas in here told me it was the most hyped dc movie and Rock is guaranteed numbers though.
full

People don’t care about Black Adam. It’s like Tarantino said Captain America is the star not Chris Evans. Not going to see Black Adam just cause Johnson plays him.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
People don’t care about Black Adam. It’s like Tarantino said Captain America is the star not Chris Evans. Not going to see Black Adam just cause Johnson plays him.
Nobody knew Chris Evans outside of captain. The Rock is the most electrifying man in "all" entertainment. Terrible comparison.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
No he’s not listed as a Producer for that film. The Rock however, is. Which is why he’ll do more Hobbs & Shaw before he’ll do more mainline Fast & Furious films
I’m sure that was his plan all along. Leech off an established franchise

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nobody knew Chris Evans outside of captain. The Rock is the most electrifying man in "all" entertainment. Terrible comparison.
It’s a super hero movie. If people aren’t checking for the super hero they aren’t going to see it in droves.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I’m sure that was his plan all along. Leech off an established franchise

Eh it can be argued that The Rock had a bit to do with the entire franchise resurgence. Not the SOLE reason mind you but his presence certainly helped.

Its business. You can’t really “leech” off something that you are a contributing factor to its success. And remember producer credits are negotiated, not handed out like candy. The Rock’s star power afforded him the leverage of a Producer credit, is he supposed to turn it down? I think not

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Eh it can be argued that The Rock had a bit to do with the entire franchise resurgence. Not the SOLE reason mind you but his presence certainly helped.

Its business. You can’t really “leech” off something that you are a contributing factor to its success. And remember producer credits are negotiated, not handed out like candy. The Rock’s star power afforded him the leverage of a Producer credit, is he supposed to turn it down? I think not
yeah People forget Fast Five was marketing Vin vs the Rock heavily when it was out
I still stand by that his absence is still felt in 9
and they still don't have an "equal" for Vin/Toretto
paul walker was that but he's dead but the rock was a good fill-in so to speak
I'm honestly debating seeing 10

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
yeah People forget Fast Five was marketing Vin vs the Rock heavily when it was out
I still stand by that his absence is still felt in 9
and they still don't have an "equal" for Vin/Toretto
paul walker was that but he's dead but the rock was a good fill-in so to speak
I'm honestly debating seeing 10

Might as well see it to see how the franchise “ends”.

Plus Tyrese and Ludacris are still hilarious together

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Black Adam released October 21st, and as of a couple weeks ago, is already streaming

It only took 1 month for it to be streaming online

YOU MEAN YOU CAN
RENT IT FOR $20 OR BUY IT FOR $24

:devil:
:evil: