Dwayne The rock Johnson is done with the fast and furious series

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Man he better do some more Hobbs and Shaw movies at least :stopitslime:

to be honest tho I haven’t watched any fast and the furious since Paul walker died :francis:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Now the argument going forward will be Rock Vs. F&F :mjlol:

Let's keep it a buck, they both needed each other. Rock was flopping hard until he joined, and the franchise was falling further with each film until he joined. Fast Five comes out and it's WonderTrash powers, activate.

The results of this decision might be interesting in the future...but I doubt it.

Step your cinema game up. :childplease:
Fast 4 was the most successful in the series.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
And the franchise wasn’t really shyt without the Rock, he came thru crushed the buildings and launched himself into the stratosphere where everything he touches is gold, meanwhile if it isn’t FF the rest of the cast catches non stop flops if they even get a role at all.
He saved that franchise and that’s why they rewarded him with a spin-off after the beef. Vin and the rest of them nikkas have done next to nothing in between movies. They are probably being over protective because they know this is their only real bag. While the rock is being treated like an outsider because he wasn’t their before. It’s funny because even Vin Diesel walked way after the first fukking film. If Tokyo drift didn’t bomb he would’ve never came back and part 4 was boring.
Lastly John Cena is not the rock, F9 was good but it wasn’t because of Cena
Dude said he ain’t seen Star Wars either and you said he doesn’t get out much like SW is some barometer to use to determine that. I wasn’t talking about FF but fukk them too. Im certainly not saying t either won’t make money, they clearly do. But they all are either campy (FF), or kiddie (SW). Who wants to watch a pg13 sci-fi love story or pg13 action flicks? if you didn’t watch the originals for either franchises, there’s no real incentive to watch any of the rest of them. FF just filling the Michael Bay gap in cinema the last few years. Explosions and cars. SW is a romantic dramady in space.

I think you missed the point of the joke.
1st why come into a thread and comment about an actor leaving a movie franchise you have no interest in? I’m sorry but your opinion means nothing if you ain’t a fan or watching the movies.

2nd between FF and Star Wars there has been 81528 movies over 30 years. Who isn’t seen atleast one of these movies? They all make billions of dollars. Yea you are in the minority if you have went out your way to watch these movies and again I would ask why do you care that an actor is leaving a franchise you aren’t interested in?

3 having not seen any of these movies says a lot about you. Like none of your friends were able to convince you to see atleast one? Like that’s stubborn on a whole other level

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
What non Disney hits did he have?
full

Doom?
Faster?
Snitch?
Pain & Gain?
Hercules?
Underrated film:mjpls:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
He saved that franchise and that’s why they rewarded him with a spin-off after the beef. Vin and the rest of them nikkas have done next to nothing in between movies. They are probably being over protective because they know this is their only real bag. While the rock is being treated like an outsider because he wasn’t their before. It’s funny because even Vin Diesel walked way after the first fukking film. If Tokyo drift didn’t bomb he would’ve never came back and part 4 was boring.

I think you missed the point of the joke.
1st why come into a thread and comment about an actor leaving a movie franchise you have no interest in? I’m sorry but your opinion means nothing if you ain’t a fan or watching the movies.

2nd between FF and Star Wars there has been 81528 movies over 30 years. Who isn’t seen atleast one of these movies? They all make billions of dollars. Yea you are in the minority if you have went out your way to watch these movies and again I would ask why do you care that an actor is leaving a franchise you aren’t interested in?

3 having not seen any of these movies says a lot about you. Like none of your friends were able to convince you to see atleast one? Like that’s stubborn on a whole other level

na that Jason and rock chemistry is more why they got a spin-off they saved f8 cuz how great they work together and was why they shot additional scenes and vin didn’t like it but think it was producer or director who saw the dollar sign and pushed the spinoff vin was pissed lol

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
na that Jason and rock chemistry is more why they got a spin-off they saved f8 cuz how great they work together and was why they shot additional scenes and vin didn’t like it but think it was producer or director who saw the dollar sign and pushed the spinoff vin was pissed lol
So basically you saying he was hating cause the rock was too good

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Except he was in Tokyo drift.

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
So wen did the rock vs vin beef actully pop off then ??? And I what was it over /stem from …. I keep hearing the same things said but I would like someone to break it down

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
fast 7 only happened because of fast five

This isn't accurate either. Fast Five took the series to another level for sure but Fast & Furious which was the fourth installment made good money so they were going to continue making these and the idea to turn it into an Ocean's 11 heist type movie in Fast Five would have also happened without The Rock..

I'm not saying he wasn't a big part of it but you are underselling how popular the series is. The latest one has already made over $500M worldwide during a pandemic.. without The Rock anywhere near it..

Furious 7 was one of the highest grossing films of all time. He was barely involved in that. The franchise is massive...