Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in talks to remake Cult Classic "Big Trouble in Little China"

thearmdealer

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:I actually think it could work. If he plays as "The Rock" instead of Dwayne Johnson the actor, I can see it.

Yeah :mjlol:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Thing, The Ring, Evil Dead (to me anyway) Texas Chainsaw Massacre (first one, not that prequel), Oceans 11, The Departed, Thomas Crown Affair, Insomnia, 3:10 to Yuma, True Lies, The Fly, Invasion of the body snatchers, Cape Fear, Magnificent Seven..that's all i got lol

Oh they gonna get that remake work too :ufdup:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
SO many willing to hate on a Black Man's ambition...that's to be expected. But the Rock's mindset is one to be trusted..whatever he has in mind, it will make sense. It usually does.

I never watched the little movie...might this time around..we'll see.
The movie is a classic. The movie worked because of the times it was made in. Just like when they wanted to remake The Warriors. That movie wouldn't work today at all.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Hiram Garcia, president of production at Seven Bucks Productions (which was founded by co-CEOs Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia) and one of the producers on the new Big Trouble in Little China movie answered some questions about the movie in an interview with Collider:

“There’s a lot of things going on with [Big Trouble in Little China]. We are in the process of developing that, and let me tell you, the idea is not to actually remake Big Trouble in Little China. You can’t remake a classic like that, so what we’re planning to do is we’re going to continue the story. We’re going to continue the universe of Big Trouble in Little China. Everything that happened in the original exists and is standalone and I think there’s only one person that could ever play Jack Burton, so Dwayne would never try and play that character. So we are just having a lot of fun. We’re actually in a really great space with the story that we’ve cracked. But yeah, no remake. It is a continuation, and we are deep into development on that as well, and I think you’ll start hearing some things about that probably soon.”

Good to get confirmation that it is a sequel instead of a remake.