Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in talks to remake Cult Classic "Big Trouble in Little China"

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Well that's surprising...shyt what next....

Wouldn't be surprised if they tried remakin They Live

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Is Cobra a classic breh? I mean i know it's fukkery personified but is it? And they've been trying to do another Lethal Weapon for years. Either a remake or a sequel with new actors cause clearly Mel ain't happening

I'm joking...that's the only Stallone movie he hasn't revisited

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I thought I just recently read they were doing a sequel with Russell? :ohhh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Creed starring Stallone and Michael B Jordan comes out at the end of the year

Oh nah I was talking about the rock remaking rocky lol..I'm not mad at Creed tho. It's a good sequel idea and a way to continue the franchise without Stallone being in the ring and looking like the real life Larry Holmes. And it's a logical extension of that story

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Lol I mean i hear you breh but again you're talking about a flop by most standards. it's a movie that found its life as a cult flick that's it. I love it tho but my stance on remakes for the past 5 or 6 years has been simple: I don't give a shyt. If the movie is good, great, if not, then it doesn't do a thing for me cause i still got the original. No harm no foul. Is this version going to make the original disappear? Is the studio going to run through stores erasing copies of it? Are they going to use a neuralizer on you to make you forget about the original? Not at all. Everyone has that movie they want to make or remake and based on the story, Rocky is a huge fan so it wouldn't shock me that he wants to do it. Shyt, if someone gave me a chance, I'd remake Tango and Cash in a heartbeat
Marty be like ima see all the remakes before ex machina :russ:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I just re-watched this movie on Netflix and yeah it could work with the Rock he's actually kind of perfect for it he's played similar roles that require his comedy and action chops (Pain & Gain, Be Cool) but it all depends on the script and tone they go for the movie. I heard he was the one who actually pitched it to the studio and he's a huge fan of the original.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Is Cobra a classic breh? I mean i know it's fukkery personified but is it? And they've been trying to do another Lethal Weapon for years. Either a remake or a sequel with new actors cause clearly Mel ain't happening
Cobra is one of those unintentionally funny movies that I consider a "classic bad movie".

And I gave it a little more thought and think that if The Rock played Jack Burton similar to how he played his character in The Rundown that it might work. It would be a different movie than the original Big Trouble but I think it could still be good.