Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in talks to remake Cult Classic "Big Trouble in Little China"

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Balls? Breh, to them, this is a movie that flopped at the box office. To fans it's something different but to them they see it being able to make money with the right guy in the role
Blasphemy.
Blasphemy.

I'm losing my shyt like Stephen A Smith right now.

I can't even look at this shyt.

It's Kurt Russell man!
:damn:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
I know it's the wrong movie, but when I first read this headline all I could think of was Roman Polanksi cutting of The People's Champ's nose

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Blasphemy.
Blasphemy.

I'm losing my shyt like Stephen A Smith right now.

I can't even look at this shyt.

It's Kurt Russell man!
:damn:

Lol I mean i hear you breh but again you're talking about a flop by most standards. it's a movie that found its life as a cult flick that's it. I love it tho but my stance on remakes for the past 5 or 6 years has been simple: I don't give a shyt. If the movie is good, great, if not, then it doesn't do a thing for me cause i still got the original. No harm no foul. Is this version going to make the original disappear? Is the studio going to run through stores erasing copies of it? Are they going to use a neuralizer on you to make you forget about the original? Not at all. Everyone has that movie they want to make or remake and based on the story, Rocky is a huge fan so it wouldn't shock me that he wants to do it. Shyt, if someone gave me a chance, I'd remake Tango and Cash in a heartbeat

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol I mean i hear you breh but again you're talking about a flop by most standards. it's a movie that found its life as a cult flick that's it. I love it tho but my stance on remakes for the past 5 or 6 years has been simple: I don't give a shyt. If the movie is good, great, if not, then it doesn't do a thing for me cause i still got the original. No harm no foul. Is this version going to make the original disappear? Is the studio going to run through stores erasing copies of it? Are they going to use a neuralizer on you to make you forget about the original? Not at all. Everyone has that movie they want to make or remake and based on the story, Rocky is a huge fan so it wouldn't shock me that he wants to do it. Shyt, if someone gave me a chance, I'd remake Tango and Cash in a heartbeat
Remaking Big Trouble in Little China is like un-retiring Joe DiMaggio's jersey number and giving it to fukkin Brett Gardner.

Okay it's not like that, but nah man.

I don't like it

:mjcry:

You know they wouldn't ever re-make Goodfellas.

:shaq2:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Remaking Big Trouble in Little China is like un-retiring Joe DiMaggio's jersey number and giving it to fukkin Brett Gardner.

Okay it's not like that, but nah man.

I don't like it

:mjcry:

You know they wouldn't ever re-make Goodfellas.

:shaq2:

Of course not..they'll easily remake a cult flick though because they'll say that there's already a huge fanbase and then a generation or two who's never heard of it. Just don't give a damn breh, it's easier lol

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:scusthov:

Been saying for a few years now Dwayne needs a movie for himself. No remakes, not sequels. Everything he's been in has been as a co-star, yeah they've made money but all the great action stars got their own movie/franchise. Van Damme, Arnold, Stallone (he has THREE franchises), Statham, Seagal.

Dwayne can't get an original script written for him?
:sadbron:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:scusthov:

Been saying for a few years now Dwayne needs a movie for himself. No remakes, not sequels. Everything he's been in has been as a co-star, yeah they've made money but all the great action stars got their own movie/franchise. Van Damme, Arnold, Stallone (he has THREE franchises), Statham, Seagal.

Dwayne can't get an original script written for him?
:sadbron:
Isn't he doing some Sports Agent show on HBO?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I know it's the wrong movie, but when I first read this headline all I could think of was Roman Polanksi cutting of The People's Champ's nose

3-Chinatown.gif

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Let's remake Cobra. Everybody, chime in.

Short Circuit remake is already out there and Highlander is a'coming.

We can follow up Cobra with The Golden Child, then Lethal Weapon then The Breakfast Club and The Outsiders. And let's finish it off with a remake of Misery and Blown Away.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
:russ: just some bulky 300 pound idiot running around in a fedora looking for blonde femme fatales while Michael Bay explosions go off

....wait a minute :ohhh:

shyt brehs, are neo-noir car explosion films the future :ooh:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Let's remake Cobra. Everybody, chime in.

Short Circuit remake is already out there and Highlander is a'coming.

We can follow up Cobra with The Golden Child, then Lethal Weapon then The Breakfast Club and The Outsiders. And let's finish it off with a remake of Misery and Blown Away.

Is Cobra a classic breh? I mean i know it's fukkery personified but is it? And they've been trying to do another Lethal Weapon for years. Either a remake or a sequel with new actors cause clearly Mel ain't happening