Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in talks to remake Cult Classic "Big Trouble in Little China"

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
If the real jack burton is Kurt Russell then maybe :patrice: but I need him in 90% of the scenes. The rock would have to be a co star

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Theres an Old Man Jack comic out, they could bring kurt Russell back for that

big-trouble-in-little-china-old-man-jack-vol-1-9781684152049_hr.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Hiram Garcia, president of production at Seven Bucks Productions (which was founded by co-CEOs Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia) and one of the producers on the new Big Trouble in Little China movie answered some questions about the movie in an interview with Collider:

“There’s a lot of things going on with [Big Trouble in Little China]. We are in the process of developing that, and let me tell you, the idea is not to actually remake Big Trouble in Little China. You can’t remake a classic like that, so what we’re planning to do is we’re going to continue the story. We’re going to continue the universe of Big Trouble in Little China. Everything that happened in the original exists and is standalone and I think there’s only one person that could ever play Jack Burton, so Dwayne would never try and play that character. So we are just having a lot of fun. We’re actually in a really great space with the story that we’ve cracked. But yeah, no remake. It is a continuation, and we are deep into development on that as well, and I think you’ll start hearing some things about that probably soon.”

Good to get confirmation that it is a sequel instead of a remake.
Sounds like they switched up direction after the quasi-sequel angle helped Jumanji survive and then thrive at the box office. A new story in the same universe will already have make them garner more goodwill with the fans than trying to copy that Carpenter/Russell magic.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Sounds like they switched up direction after the quasi-sequel angle helped Jumanji survive and then thrive at the box office. A new story in the same universe will already have make them garner more goodwill with the fans than trying to copy that Carpenter/Russell magic.
Plus it gives them the greenlight to have Russel show up as Jack Burton and give them that nostalgia boost instead of fighting the nerd rage that other remakes received.

Bane

The Fire Rises
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie is so classic. I just don't know if they'll do the remake Justice