Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
"Who will our NEXT OPPRESSORS BE?" - Chani. Were they blowing up spice factories for fun or practice?

"Our warriors could not free Arrakis from the Harkonnens" - Zendaya

"they ravage our lands in front of our eyes. Their cruelty to my people is all I have known." - Zendaya

"Who will our NEXT OPPRESSORS BE? - Zendaya

Just as I asked in the previous post

Why does Arrakis need to be "freed" by the natives if the natives aren't ruled by evil overlords and everything according to you was all good for the Fremen?

did i say everything was all good?

words mean things…oppressors doesn’t mean enslavement…

freedom from the royal houses coming and raping their planet for its natural resources and overpowering their people with advanced weaponry in an attempt to commit genocide…

Arrakis didn't have a duke to politic with the spacing guild so they had no control over access to their resources…paul is from a royal house and stepped up as duke of Arrakkis and now emperor so they have the political backing to protect their planet…

Last edited:

shonuff

All Star
Daps
"Our warriors could not free Arrakis from the Harkonnens" - Zendaya

"they ravage our lands in front of our eyes. Their cruelty to my people is all I have known." - Zendaya

"Who will our NEXT OPPRESSORS BE? - Zendaya

Just as I asked in the previous post

Why does Arrakis need to be "freed" by the natives if the natives aren't ruled by evil overlords and everything according to you was all good for the Fremen?
She's speaking in reference to her tribe - not all freemen -

And again this is from Herbert's basing the Freemen in the tribal dynamics that existed in the Mid East -

The mindset of many in the mid east is one where your small group is thought of as a separate people

Tabor and maybe one other tribe were the only ones fighting the Harkonnens for.the last 80.years .....The empire for over 10000 years has ignored Arrakis -

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
She's speaking in reference to her tribe - not all freemen -

And again this is from Herbert's basing the Freemen in the tribal dynamics that existed in the Mid East -

The mindset of many in the mid east is one where your small group is thought of as a separate people

Tabor and maybe one other tribe were the only ones fighting the Harkonnens for.the last 80.years .....The empire for over 10000 years has ignored Arrakis -
That’s why they couldn’t defeat the harkonnen’s yet, the fremen were all split up and separated, Paul united them with religious fanaticism and harnessed their united power to a deadly outcome for the universe

shonuff

All Star
Daps
That’s why they couldn’t defeat the harkonnen’s yet, the fremen were all split up and separated, Paul united them with religious fanaticism and harnessed their united power to a deadly outcome for the universe
i think what dudes are confusing control with the white savior idea

so much of Dune is about Control... or rather the illusion of it. As each powerful person/entity is stripped bare of it, they all come to realize that they weren't in control at all, but rather just a larger cog.

The first meeting that Stilgar has with Leto is "stay out of the desert and dont seek to enter our seitches" _ of course the Harokonnens receiving such a demand /request would be met with their natural reaction which is " we do what we want"

the Harkonnens SEEK OUT the fremen to "control" the area - once new management comes in with the Atreides he doesnt say " get off the planet" which if he ( and all the fremen of Tabor including Chani ) would say if they truly were worried about their independence and domination like whats being attempted by the Harkonnens-

instead Stilgar says "leave us alone"

that right there should really illustrate how the Fremen arent under the control of the Harkonnens or the Empire.....and let me reiterate - they have been getting spice for 10,000 years from Dune ...and they never explore anything else about the planet - they think its barely inhabited. so long as the empire gets the spice, they dont care about anything else.

lastly -

the freemen dont need or want anything outside of living their life- even in the first movie when jessica offers them anything if they getthem off world Stilgars reply is you have nothing important for us besides your bodys water.....and its should be noted that Caladan is a planet that is NOTHING but mostly oceans ....

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps
Breath taking…

The sound design may be the best I’ve ever experienced in a theater. The reverb was killing the actual screen tho .

Im so glad they showed the witches as the truly dangerous schemers they are . Always hated those chicks , they are good characters, just never liked their methods.

Sorry im just mad that they were in this and we didn’t even get a whiff of the Navigators

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
i think what dudes are confusing control with the white savior idea

so much of Dune is about Control... or rather the illusion of it. As each powerful person/entity is stripped bare of it, they all come to realize that they weren't in control at all, but rather just a larger cog.

The first meeting that Stilgar has with Leto is "stay out of the desert and dont seek to enter our seitches" _ of course the Harokonnens receiving such a demand /request would be met with their natural reaction which is " we do what we want"

the Harkonnens SEEK OUT the fremen to "control" the area - once new management comes in with the Atreides he doesnt say " get off the planet" which if he ( and all the fremen of Tabor including Chani ) would say if they truly were worried about their independence and domination like whats being attempted by the Harkonnens-

instead Stilgar says "leave us alone"

that right there should really illustrate how the Fremen arent under the control of the Harkonnens or the Empire.....and let me reiterate - they have been getting spice for 10,000 years from Dune ...and they never explore anything else about the planet - they think its barely inhabited. so long as the empire gets the spice, they dont care about anything else.

lastly -

the freemen dont need or want anything outside of living their life- even in the first movie when jessica offers them anything if they getthem off world Stilgars reply is you have nothing important for us besides your bodys water.....and its should be noted that Caladan is a planet that is NOTHING but mostly oceans ....
to an outside observer it would've seemed that the Vietnamese were losing to the USA, the Afghani's to the Russians, and later the Americans, etc. But once enough time has passed the victor is clear

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps
Never considered it, but the Houses can’t fight too hard against Paul while he has nukes aimed at the spice fields.

You need one house to make peace with Paul and the rest will fall. Great position to be in for the Freemen

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

This man is a brilliant sci-fi filmmaker. While it's going to be lost on so many people who just want a hero Denis said...I'm gonna trickle this in.

The moment he
went to the south
you FELT his character change. It wasn't just that he was yelling it was the fact that these people, this entire race, his lover,
the emperor's daughter
, his friends, they all become cogs. Accessories to his story.

Chani is the only one that refuses to accept his hubris. It's really good.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paul is bad...to the audience...but to the Fremen who worship him, he is their savior to THEM. I don't know why this part is being ignored.
Ehhh
Think of it like Obama running in 08 on a progressive platform which got a lot of young people excited which led to a big turnout in the election but when things settled down those same people saw that he wasn't exactly what he made himself out to be and it was more of the same as before.
In Dune it gets a lot worst

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Ehhh
Think of it like Obama running in 08 on a progressive platform which got a lot of young people excited which led to a big turnout in the election but when things settled down those same people saw that he wasn't exactly what he made himself out to be and it was more of the same as before.
In Dune it gets a lot worst
...but now the fremen run the planet...because of their savior Lison Al Gaib... he is literally a prophet...and things are not the same...for them

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The empire in Dune makes the empire in Star Wars look like saints. The way the Harkonens were killing their own people would make Darth Vader go :picard: .