Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know most in here already are aware. Maybe I’m late, but I found out they’re making a bene gesserit movie :whoo:

So when this drops some of the questions in this thread will be answered

Maybe Dune is this generations Star Wars :ohhh:

Will we get a Zendaya spin off as well :banderas:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I know most in here already are aware. Maybe I’m late, but I found out they’re making a bene gesserit movie :whoo:

So when this drops some of the questions in this thread will be answered

Maybe Dune is this generations Star Wars :ohhh:

Will we get a Zendaya spin off as well :banderas:
It’s a mini series I believe

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think this is what people are over looking. The Atreides were taking the Harkonnen's spot on Arakkis.

Maybe it would've been more clear if they kept the dinner scene

Not a big Dune follower so i dont know the source material. So this is like a pick your oppressor scenerio? Is that what florence pawgs character was talking about when she said is this us? Is this our influence? And zendaya saying this is how they enslave us. Dope movie just saw it again in imax yesterday and she is that star of the movie to me. Put on an acting clinic

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not a big Dune follower so i dont know the source material. So this is like a pick your oppressor scenerio? Is that what florence pawgs character was talking about when she said is this us? Is this our influence? And zendaya saying this is how they enslave us. Dope movie just saw it again in imax yesterday and she is that star of the movie to me. Put on an acting clinic

The movie is more clear about Paul than the book but in the beginning of Dune Messiah(book 2), it shows that Paul wasn't a savior that some people thought

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
:what:What the hell are you talking about?

It is literally the first thing the first movie TELLS YOU

"Who will our NEXT OPPRESSORS BE?" - Zendaya

Why does Arrakis need to be "freed" by the natives if the natives aren't ruled by evil overlords? :dead:

They have NO CONTROL over their OWN PLANET.

Yeah but the cacs came to the desert to enslave the desert people who weren’t cacs and then the other cacs came and the cacs killed those cacs but one cac survived and he became a desert person in order to kill the cacs that killed his cacs and then he left the desert girl for a cac, so he’s a white savior

think y’all need to look up the definition of enslaved…

the Freman are not an enslaved people…they’re a simple people who are elite warriors and native to a planet with the most valuable resource in the universe…

they’re not being forced into unpaid labor at the behest of the more technologically advanced houses…that would be enslavement…

the Harkkonens weren’t trying to enslave them…the were trying to commit genocide so they could take control of Arakkis and harvest spice unopposed…

they needed Paul because he comes from a royal house, so him stepping up as emperor offers them the protection they need…

Last edited:

shonuff

All Star
Daps
its exactly what her character is asking

everyone has an angle - the issue is that there really arent any good guys - the entire (known) galaxy lives under oppression and the machinations of powers that are ONLY interested in their own aims and goals

around the 5 min mark these brothers who ONLY watched the movie also understood this message

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
Finally watched it
good movie, better than part 1 imo

Could have been great if it had a stronger lead actor than Chalamet

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but they beleived it. Christianity wasn't created by Americans but if Jesus shows up a lot of people in Texas will be bending their knees.

We'll have to disagree...because it is clear that the fremen did not have nearly a fraction of the power they have now...because of Paul Atredes...and he is viewed as the savior of the Fremen who will take them to Paradise...by the Fremen.
Makes me think of this

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

the Freman are not an enslaved people…they’re a simple people who are elite warriors and native to a planet with the most valuable resource in the universe…

they’re not being forced into unpaid labor at the behest of the more technologically advanced houses…that would be enslavement…

the Harkkonens weren’t trying to enslave them…the were trying to commit genocide so they could take control of Arakkis and harvest spice unopposed…

they needed Paul because he comes from a royal house, so him stepping up as emperor offers them the protection they need…
"Who will our NEXT OPPRESSORS BE?" - Chani. Were they blowing up spice factories for fun or practice?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

"Our warriors could not free Arrakis from the Harkonnens" - Zendaya

"they ravage our lands in front of our eyes. Their cruelty to my people is all I have known." - Zendaya

"Who will our NEXT OPPRESSORS BE? - Zendaya

Just as I asked in the previous post

Why does Arrakis need to be "freed" by the natives if the natives aren't ruled by evil overlords and everything according to you was all good for the Fremen?