Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Can someone explain this for me please
i been wondering how they do that too. that ws THEE DOPEST shyt of the film. the first time i happened i said
93a2244d-a9b6-4fd8-8eeb-08c5ae0e3e83_text.gif

that's when i KNEW this shyt is finna get LIT :banderas:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
i been wondering how they do that too. that ws THEE DOPEST shyt of the film. the first time i happened i said
93a2244d-a9b6-4fd8-8eeb-08c5ae0e3e83_text.gif

that's when i KNEW this shyt is finna get LIT :banderas:
I know I feel like it happened so quick I didn’t even get a chance to truly catch on.

I think I might have to read the book. I don’t think I can wait to see what happens lol.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Pretty good movie and its success is great for the industry.
My biggest issue is the pacing, the rise of Lisan al Gaib was too quick.
"As it is written" (spoiler below)
camron-praying.gif

It was intentional. EVERYTHING fell in place with little struggle, even for the sub characters. Josh Brolin killed Batista on the first strike. You'd have thought they'd have a drawn out fight scene :dwillhuh: I'm convinced he's coming back. Same for the skinnier one. The only thing stopping Lisan Al-Ghaib's rise was his own fear of going South. That's the villain and struggle of this film. And the villain won.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I know I feel like it happened so quick I didn’t even get a chance to truly catch on.

I think I might have to read the book. I don’t think I can wait to see what happens lol.
I watched some summaries of the book series and lets just say I hope they put the 'hollywood spin' on the remainder of the story :usure:
The shyt gets bizarre as hell :why:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
"As it is written" (spoiler below)
camron-praying.gif

It was intentional. EVERYTHING fell in place with little struggle, even for the sub characters. Josh Brolin killed Batista on the first strike. You'd have thought they'd have a drawn out fight scene :dwillhuh: I'm convinced he's coming back. Same for the skinnier one. The only thing stopping Lisan Al-Ghaib's rise was his own fear of going South. That's the villain and struggle of this film. And the villain won.
fights are typically quick. not drawn out long ass goofy duels. I appreciate how Denis handles violence.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
So what are the major changes between this movie and the book?
If you've already seen Dune 1 & 2, then this guy talks about the differences between the book and movies. Breh is incredibly knowledgeable about Dune and Frank Herbert and easy to listen to, so don't be put off by the 40 min runtime.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
So what are the major changes between this movie and the book?

Biggest that comes to mind is the timeline. Paul and Jessica are there for about two years. Jessica's baby is born, and Paul has a son with Chani (but the child is assassinated). Another major change is Chani in general: she has near complete faith in Paul and understands she will receive most/all of his attention even after the marriage pact is agreed upon.

Paul's sister kills the Baron instead of him. She's two years old running around murking people lol.

Last edited:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Gonna peep it in Cinemark XD tomorrow. IMAX sound was incredible but I wasn't impressed by the picture. It wasn't 70mm tho which is probably why.