Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Neil old, too smart, dumbass need to fall back. It's an alien planet, it's constructed differently than earth. Maybe spice buildup makes it thump old nikka :pacspit:
Why are people taking Neil so seriously :russ: he does a whole stage show about sci-fi movies, what they got right, what they got wrong etc. I’m sure he loves the movie, he just likes to use anything as an educational opportunity, he’s not doing it in a mean spirited curmudgeon type way.

Y’all think this will hit a billion worldwide before all is said and done?

shonuff

All Star
Daps
Why are people taking Neil so seriously :russ: he does a whole stage show about sci-fi movies, what they got right, what they got wrong etc. I’m sure he loves the movie, he just likes to use anything as an educational opportunity, he’s not doing it in a mean spirited curmudgeon type way.

Yeh he likes to.just delineate what is onscreen that is fantasy with what actually is in the real world ....

Considering the scientific ignorance and massive lack of critical thinking that our society is currently plagued with reminding or letting people know about real scientific principles whenever possible wont hurt ....

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pretty good movie and its success is great for the industry.
My biggest issue is the pacing, the rise of Lisan al Gaib was too quick.
the pacing was my issue as well, it also makes the payoffs cheaper in the end as well

I think this book should have been a trilogy - Denis had to pack way too much into Part 2. They fast forwarded Pauls growth as a Fremen and learning the ways of the desert. The reveal of his mother being the Barons daughter was just thrown in there - felt like it should have been more impactful?

I loved the movie, but I need to go back and watch again. It was damn near overwhelming with everything that happened. I never really bought fully into the love story between Paul & Chani, so the ending didnt feel as impactful as it could have. They could have fleshed out that relationship more, but they had to move quick to pack everything in. Paul went from a desert beginner to orchestrating attacks on harvesters to riding sandworms scene after scene. I get why they had to do it that way, but shyt, him learning the ways of the Freman could have been a whole damn movie. I think in the books it covers the course of 2 years? It would have allowed the love story flesh out more too

Another thing - I LOVED the Baron as the imposing villan in Part 1 - hes used sparingly but his impact is HEAVY. He felt cheapened in Part 2 and not as imposing (I realize hes injured and not at the same speed but still) - I know they wanted to show that the emperor had his balls, but I thought Part 2 lacked what the Baron brought in Part 1. Feyd was well done, but he doesnt carry the gravitas of a final boss type villan to me

I really could have done with a different casting than Christopher Walken for emperor - I feel like someone else coudl have killed that role and added more gravity to it. Walken just doesnt do it for me. Could be a perosonal thing.

Overall, I really enjoyed it - want to go back and see it again this week. I thought Tim did a good job, so did Rebecca, she had a good arc in this. Feyd and the Giedi Prime scenes were dope. The desert scenes were great, would have loved to see them add more space to grow those scenes out more. And get more into the lore of spice and what it means to the Freman vs what it means to the "empire" - there is a lot more they could have dove into there. Denis needed 3 movies for just this specific story and I really think this could have been the GOAT trilogy. It felt limited to just two movies.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Yeh he likes to.just delineate what is onscreen that is fantasy with what actually is in the real world ....

Considering the scientific ignorance and massive lack of critical thinking that our society is currently plagued with reminding or letting people know about real scientific principles whenever possible wont hurt ....
Neil is 🐐 status. I understand why people take it that way, especially with click bait titles, but he just loves teaching people about physics and science. Black excellence

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

THE REASON I STEPPED AWAY
FROM THE WHITE SAVIOR ANGLE...

1. IN THE ACTUAL MOVIE THEY CONTINUOUSLY
POKED FUN AT THE CHOSEN ONE ANGLE.

2. YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE DUDE IS ON
DEMON TIME NOW AND ISNT A SAVIOR AT ALL.

3. HE SAID REPEATEDLY IF HE GOES SOUTH
MILLIONS OR BILLIONS WILL DIE
AND NOW HES EMBRACING THAT KNOWING
WHAT WARRING WITH THE HOUSES WILL LEAD TO.

HES CLEARLY NOT A HERO
AND THE AGENGA HE AND HIS MOMS HAVE
WAS LAID OUT VERY CLEARLY

:devil:
:evil:

Great post. I feel like Paul is going through an Anakin arc except better executed. He told them over and over again not to drag him south but eventually the freman's resolve and his resolve crumbled and now he’s committed to a path that’s gonna weigh on his soul.

Anyway, best in theater experience I’ve had since the dark knight. Better than Oppenheimer. Great movie.

Daps
Reppin
South London
I finally watched it, I really liked it. The running time flew by, I went with a girl and now she’s stuck in a Dune rabbit hole haha.

Visually stunning - personally I thought the fireworks were ILL.
Wardrobe, sick.
Good casting, except for the Emperor. Could have got a Charles Dance or someone imo.
Sound… 10/10.

I’ll watch it again.

I thought DV did a good job. That book is so hard to adapt so respect and salute.

Edit: LOL imagine watching Alia terrorising Harah on the big screen. Oh well.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I finally watched it, I really liked it. The running time flew by, I went with a girl and now she’s stuck in a Dune rabbit hole haha.

Visually stunning - personally I thought the fireworks were ILL.
Wardrobe, sick.
Good casting, except for the Emperor. Could have got a Charles Dance or someone imo.
Sound… 10/10.

I’ll watch it again.

I thought DV did a good job. That book is so hard to adapt so respect and salute.

Edit: LOL imagine watching Alia terrorising Harah on the big screen. Oh well.
Charles Dance would have been A+ casting damn. I felt the same about Walken

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

THE REASON I STEPPED AWAY
FROM THE WHITE SAVIOR ANGLE...

1. IN THE ACTUAL MOVIE THEY CONTINUOUSLY
POKED FUN AT THE CHOSEN ONE ANGLE.

2. YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE DUDE IS ON
DEMON TIME NOW AND ISNT A SAVIOR AT ALL.

3. HE SAID REPEATEDLY IF HE GOES SOUTH
MILLIONS OR BILLIONS WILL DIE
AND NOW HES EMBRACING THAT KNOWING
WHAT WARRING WITH THE HOUSES WILL LEAD TO.

HES CLEARLY NOT A HERO
AND THE AGENGA HE AND HIS MOMS HAVE
WAS LAID OUT VERY CLEARLY

That said though, he IS the savior of the Fremen....they went from living in the shadows to running the planet...he is their savior, and did so with his special magical powers of being an outsider but 'special' because he was white essentially. That is the white savior element. Even if he used them for bad things...for these brown people who live off the land and and end up worshiping for what he did...he is their white savior

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

I'm holding onto my $700mil prediction, which would still be a successful return for a property that's niche to the general audience. Anything over is gravy.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That said though, he IS the savior of the Fremen....they went from living in the shadows to running the planet...he is their savior, and did so with his special magical powers of being an outsider but 'special' because he was white essentially. That is the white savior element. Even if he used them for bad things...for these brown people who live off the land and and end up worshiping for what he did...he is their white savior

ITS HOT AS HELL ON THAT PLANET

WHY WOULDN'T THEY CONTINUE TO LIVE IN THE SHADOWS?