Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You're taking it out of context. The Harkonnens were sent to take over shop on Arrakkis. That specific space for the on land was partially occupied by that group of Fremen. That group didn't like what was happening, so they declared war on the Harkonnens. It was more of an annoyance than anything. They're outgunned, but have the advantage of the desert but that specific group is at war, but I forget who took the first shot, but there are no Fremen slaves. The Harkonnens even know where the rest of that group lived, they just don't care. The resources on their planet is being exploited, and if either see the other, it's on-site. The Harkonnens didn't even live there. Overall, the Fremen are free to do what they want to do..which is why the other tribes don't even matter in the grand scheme of things.

If Leto came in with the target practice savagery, that group would've declared war on him. He didn't bother them, so they weren't gonna bother him. That's partially what the meeting with Stilgar was about. But he sent down Duncan as an ambassador and scout, so that he could recruit them as allies. He knew his appointment was a trap. If this was a white savior story, Leto is technically the one, since he unseated the Harkonnens.

I'm not taking anything out of context :dahell:.

I'm telling you what the movie tells you:dahell:.

The Fremen have NO CONTROL over their OWN planet.

They are subjugated by the Harkonens and the Emperor for their resources.

By the end of Part 2. The Fremen are now in control of the planet, the Harkokens are GONE, all because of Paul

It is exactly the same as Avatar and the Na'vi

The cacs in Avatar didn't live on Pandora, there were other Na'vi tribes outside of the forest as we saw in Avatar 2, it doesn't mean Jake Sully wasn't a damn savior.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I already watched this shyt on the open seas but it was so damn good I wound up buying a ticket for this afternoon :dead: Has anybody seen it or any other movies in this "Screen X" format?

Had to find somebody else thinking what I'm thinking

shonuff

All Star
Daps
Uhhh you ignore the key issue that Paul isn't saving the Freeman at the end of the movie...

He is using them to take power .....

The whole point is lost on you - even Paul's Father was there to do the same thing the Harkonnens were doing...take spice.

The Harkonnens just decided to kill Freeman that were in the territories they were in - again they didn't control the planet - Chani's intro is again the whole point of the e trire movie of DUNE which is she only sees HER perspective

The BeneGesserit aren't evil they just see things ONLY from their perspective ...Even the Baron for all his genius only sees things from.his perspective - Its the same for the Empreror for the Saardukkar it goes on and on - everyone sees things only from their own perspective and it results in nothing but misery .

and again lastly teh freemen are NOT a different race from Paul - thats your perception because you live currently in an atmosphere that pushes for you to make a difference by what you see on the screen - the director more than likely puts it in that frame of reference to make a point the the book makes throughout....perception can be deceived and only going by what you see prejudices actual understanding.

Paul sees things and knows that he cant neccessarily rely on what he sees because the future is always fluid and changing - he resolves to use what people think they know in accomplishing his goals.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Alia in that bih when the Water of Life came

ultrasound.gif

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Uhhh you ignore the key issue that Paul isn't saving the Freeman at the end of the movie...

He is using them to take power .....

The whole point is lost on you - even Paul's Father was there to do the same thing the Harkonnens were doing...take spice.
I think this is what people are over looking. The Atreides were taking the Harkonnen's spot on Arakkis.

Maybe it would've been more clear if they kept the dinner scene

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
been on vacation all week, avoiding any talk of the movie (which was easy where I was at)
about to hit IMAX (fake) now, cant wait :banderas:

the feedback Ive heard has been explosive about Part 2

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Saw it again, as much as I love p2 I honestly think I liked p1 more in some ways. Austin butler was so damn good, the way he even sounded very similar to the Baron when he spoke is just great acting

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
this dude is a brotha who has been doing DUNE for YEARS

and he puts to bed a lot of the silly shyt folk keep pushing about it being a White savior.

Again I am specifically talking about the two movies and I've explained to you multiple times how he is a white savior in the two movies.

You can like the movie, you can like the book, it doesn't change the depiction in the two movies.

The character has the typical action hero journey where he is fighting evil one dimensional cac overlords, one of which kill and torture for no damn reason and the other kills his noble father. Two of which subjugate and oppress the non cac group Paul is allied with, for their resources and control their planet.

All of this by the end of Part 2 is of course stopped by Paul and only because of Paul.

I've already said it would be different if the antagonists weren't evil paper thin one dimensional cac overlords.

The depth maybe the books had is NOT present in the two movies. BLAME THE DIRECTOR for not including it if it was meant to be there.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Has anybody seen it or any other movies in this "Screen X" format?
This is straight. They give a little preview of what it can be like in it's full glory and once your eyes adjust :whoo: shyt can be 3D without the glasses. It wasn't for this film and they really saved it for the highlight scenes, but yeah :ehh: