Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
His lineage goes ham in the books.

:huhldup:

Them evil ass nikkas need to he stopped but won't be, for about 3.5 Milleniums

:huhldup:

But, it's all part of the master plan to make sure humanity doesn't become lib. He ensures humanity spreads and does their own thing by being such a tyrant

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

THE REASON I STEPPED AWAY
FROM THE WHITE SAVIOR ANGLE...

1. IN THE ACTUAL MOVIE THEY CONTINUOUSLY
POKED FUN AT THE CHOSEN ONE ANGLE.

2. YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE DUDE IS ON
DEMON TIME NOW AND ISNT A SAVIOR AT ALL.

3. HE SAID REPEATEDLY IF HE GOES SOUTH
MILLIONS OR BILLIONS WILL DIE
AND NOW HES EMBRACING THAT KNOWING
WHAT WARRING WITH THE HOUSES WILL LEAD TO.

HES CLEARLY NOT A HERO
AND THE AGENGA HE AND HIS MOMS HAVE
WAS LAID OUT VERY CLEARLY

:devil:
:evil:

Basically, they clearly told you that he saw a prophecy, wanted to avoid it, but everything around him kept happening to force him more into the role. He wanted zero parts of being these people's leader and still doesn't.

he seen the visions and decided popping this shyt off was necessary for the long goal even if he's just a pawn

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
This is categorically not true and the novel was literally written to dismantle the white savior trope.

Paul is genetically and physically designed to be a superior fighter to just about anyone he comes across due to the weirding way. He's genetically determined to be the chosen one. And his mother's secret order has spent large amounts of time conditioning the people of the world to recognize him as a savior. Once the shyt hits the fan and he reaches the highest power, everything goes to hell (literally) for the universe. Herbert's entire point was that charismatic leaders are dangerous and lead mankind to ruin.
I think this was overlooked a lot tbh. He flipping the ''great man theory'' of history on its head

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Two things that stand out to me from an otherwise good representation of the book.

First film should have Introduced the princess during the scene where she meets Paul and rautha. She just popped up in the second film when this is one of the most important set pieces in the book.

Secondly thufir hawat just disappeared in the second movie. Pivotal point in the story him going from leto to harkkonen.

Unless I missed it, they didn't show that Baron Harkonnen isn't from the Harlem side of Giedi Prime :dame:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
the Freeman arent ruled by anyone even Paul .....they arent enslaved - that ONE group of Freeman wage war against the Harkonnens. ....

:what:What the hell are you talking about?

It is literally the first thing the first movie TELLS YOU

"they ravage our lands in front of our eyes. Their cruelty to my people is all I have known." - Zendaya

"Our warriors couldn't free Arrakis from the Harkokenens" - Zendaya

"Who will our NEXT OPPRESSORS BE?" - Zendaya

Why does Arrakis need to be "freed" by the natives if the natives aren't ruled by evil overlords? :dead:

They have NO CONTROL over their OWN PLANET.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Who’s winning an academy award for their acting in this?

Nobody made me come out the theatre saying “that was a great performance”

But Zendaya was convincing with her emotions. I like her in the vulnerable side chick role :yeshrug:

I didn’t read the book but I hope she gets revenge in part 3 and her and Timmy fight :ohlawd:
nobody wins acting awards for genre films breh(some may say EeAAO but it was more of a family drama). Timothee solidified himself with that cave scene. javier bardem was great. rebecca ferguson was great. Austin Butler while over hyped on Twitter was good too

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
nobody wins acting awards for genre films breh(some may say EeAAO but it was more of a family drama). Timothee solidified himself with that cave scene. javier bardem was great. rebecca ferguson was great. Austin Butler while over hyped on Twitter was good too
You believed his acting in that? He looked like a kid trying to convince others he’s an adult, shyt was laughable.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Timothee was solid but he’s been better in other films

Bardem was good and kinda funny

Not saying anyone was BAD but I wasn’t blown away

Zendaya was the most believable. She’s just a good dramatic actor

Whole movie she’s looking around like “is everyone really going along with this” :gucci:

She played an underrated role.

Some characters were over the top in their acting as you expect in a genre film

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The more I think of it, this reminds me of the flawed Prometheus. David had more complexity to his character in that movie than anything Denis put in this film.

I’m seeing dissertations of what the characters are intended to be but Denis wrote with ambiguity mixed with generic boy would be king/boy comes to save the people, leading to surface level representation. It’s some of the same issues Prometheus had, from “things would get answered in the next movie” to some people feeling like it’s dragging. Curious what he does with the 3rd movie.
I was reminded of Prometheus as well, but more so because of how much Austin Butler's bald headed ass resembled the Engineer

d5lonet-2cb6c8e0-5611-4319-a593-d8c7651d4f41.gif

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
This might be the greatest sequel I've ever seen :ohhh: The only other one coming to mind is D2 The Mighty Ducks :dead:

Terminator 2 probably the best sequel I ever seen.

I think this is the best the sequel is way better than the first movie.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
:what:What the hell are you talking about?

It is literally the first thing the first movie TELLS YOU

"Who will our NEXT OPPRESSORS BE?" - Zendaya

Why does Arrakis need to be "freed" by the natives if the natives aren't ruled by evil overlords? :dead:

They have NO CONTROL over their OWN PLANET.
You're taking it out of context. The Harkonnens were sent to take over shop on Arrakkis. That specific space for the on land was partially occupied by that group of Fremen. That group didn't like what was happening, so they declared war on the Harkonnens. It was more of an annoyance than anything. They're outgunned, but have the advantage of the desert but that specific group is at war, but I forget who took the first shot, but there are no Fremen slaves. The Harkonnens even know where the rest of that group lived, they just don't care. The resources on their planet is being exploited, and if either see the other, it's on-site. The Harkonnens didn't even live there. Overall, the Fremen are free to do what they want to do..which is why the other tribes don't even matter in the grand scheme of things.

If Leto came in with the target practice savagery, that group would've declared war on him. He didn't bother them, so they weren't gonna bother him. That's partially what the meeting with Stilgar was about. But he sent down Duncan as an ambassador and scout, so that he could recruit them as allies. He knew his appointment was a trap. If this was a white savior story, Leto is technically the one, since he unseated the Harkonnens.