Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Timothee was solid but he’s been better in other films

Bardem was good and kinda funny

Not saying anyone was BAD but I wasn’t blown away

Zendaya was the most believable. She’s just a good dramatic actor

Whole movie she’s looking around like “is everyone really going along with this” :gucci:

She played an underrated role.

Some characters were over the top in their acting as you expect in a genre film
I agree there, especially when paired with Guadagnino IMO, but I think this is a career best performance from him too. I understood the "flat" criticisms in Part 1, but I don't know what more Timothée needed to do here. It's a grand step-up. None of his other roles have been as intense, at least from what I've seen so far. There were flashes of angst in 'Bones & All', but nothing to this extent. Up until 'Wonka', I felt like dude was falling into a trap where the majority of his roles were coming across as the same -- the heartthrob, male equivalent of the "manic pixie dreamgirl".

I'm not even the biggest fan of his, but dude's the same age as me and the actors in our age group, especially from what I've seen on this board, seem to get flack for not showcasing star acting ability in this era. "Where are the young stars at?" They're here. Timothée, Butler, Zendaya, and Florence all seem to kill it. Butler's the oldest of the bunch but I'd still group him in the "young star with promisng future" category. Hollywood is in a fantastic place with these gems at the helm. There are other promising young talent out there who haven't had the opportunity of showcasing their abilities in films as big in scope as this yet.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree there, especially when paired with Guadagnino IMO, but I think this is a career best performance from him too. I understood the "flat" criticisms in Part 1, but I don't know what more Timothée needed to do here. It's a grand step-up. None of his other roles have been as intense, at least from what I've seen so far. There were flashes of angst in 'Bones & All', but nothing to this extent. Up until 'Wonka', I felt like dude was falling into a trap where the majority of his roles were coming across as the same -- the heartthrob, male equivalent of the "manic pixie dreamgirl".

I'm not even the biggest fan of his, but dude's the same age as me and the actors in our age group, especially from what I've seen on this board, seem to get flack for not showcasing star acting ability in this era. "Where are the young stars at?" They're here. Timothée, Butler, Zendaya, and Florence all seem to kill it. Butler's the oldest of the bunch but I'd still group him in the "young star with promisng future" category. Hollywood is in a fantastic place with these gems at the helm. There are other promising young talent out there who haven't had the opportunity of showcasing their abilities in films as big in scope as this yet.

I agree. Speaking of Guadagnino, I saw that new Zendaya tennis movie trailer before Dune and I gotta say he doesn’t miss. :ohlawd:

Everyone says DV hates dialogue and Maybe dune needed a different director to bring more out of Timothy character but yea for his age he’s good

But just look at DiCaprio at the same age. He was light years ahead

Or even compared to a young Shia, we can say he’s got potential.

But Zendaya is the better actor. I feel like everyone else was playing a character foremost

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I agree. Speaking of Guadagnino, I saw that new Zendaya tennis movie trailer before Dune and I gotta say he doesn’t miss. :ohlawd:

Everyone says DV hates dialogue and Maybe dune needed a different director to bring more out of Timothy character but yea for his age he’s good

But just look at DiCaprio at the same age. He was light years ahead

Or even compared to a young Shia, we can say he’s got potential.

But Zendaya is the better actor. I feel like everyone else was playing a character foremost
I feel so indifferent whenever I see the pathways of current stars being compared to the young greats of yesteryear like DiCaprio. Not because the current actors suck (they really don't), but because they're different actors with different palettes of work. I'm cool with seeing the new bloods do their own thing really. With Paul's character being where it's at currently, I think Timmy's performance is more than enough. Way more fire in the words spouted and the manner in which he walked. It just works for me. Glad Denis gave him the role for this though because as well as he plays the awkward, corny white boy in stuff like 'Lady Bird', seeing him flip the switch here got me looking forward to the next phase of his career.

I liked young Shia as an actor too. :myman: for that shout. Should've been on the come-up more in the past decade if it wasn't for his erratic behavior.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Just got back from the IMAX.

This is the best big budget sequel I've seen. I still love T2, Episode 5, BTTF2, TDK, LOTR 2 etc. but this is how I feel right now.

I did not know Zendaya was that dope of an actress. I should probably watch more of her stuff outside of Spider-Man lol.

This movie needs to be the blueprint for future blockbusters. Stop building movies around a green screen and go out and take some risks.

Last edited:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Just got back from the IMAX.

This is the best big budget sequel I've seen. I still love T2, Episode 5, BTTF2, TDK, LOTR 2 etc. but this is how I feel right now.

I did not know Zendaya was that dope of an actress. I should probably watch more of her stuff outside of Spider-Man lol.

This movie needs to be the blueprint for future blockbusters. Stop building movies around a green screen and go out and take some risks.
Watch Euphoria, Zendaya is incredible. There’s a reason why she’s the youngest actress to win an Emmy.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
:what:What the hell are you talking about?

It is literally the first thing the first movie TELLS YOU

"Who will our NEXT OPPRESSORS BE?" - Zendaya

Why does Arrakis need to be "freed" by the natives if the natives aren't ruled by evil overlords? :dead:

They have NO CONTROL over their OWN PLANET.
this dude is a brotha who has been doing DUNE for YEARS

and he puts to bed a lot of the silly shyt folk keep pushing about it being a White savior.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
this dude is a brotha who has been doing DUNE for YEARS

and he puts to bed a lot of the silly shyt folk keep pushing about it being a White savior.

Yeah but the cacs came to the desert to enslave the desert people who weren’t cacs and then the other cacs came and the cacs killed those cacs but one cac survived and he became a desert person in order to kill the cacs that killed his cacs and then he left the desert girl for a cac, so he’s a white savior

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
We just got back and this was top tier Sci-Fi. The visuals are obvious but this fleshed out everything a lot more. The story and the pacing were better than even Part One was and the worldbuilding was very well done.

The themes are what really got me... All of the religion aspects were just :wow: They literally willed their own prophecy to come to fruition to save their own asses...

White people are something else. Crazy how it all unfolded. The score was a 10/10... edge of my seat for the last 30 minutes..